OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You right. Let’s talk about furkan krokmaz
I know I'm right I don't need the approval. If someone wanted to discuss why Tobias Harris is failing to fulfill the role the team needs and pays him for than that's a valid discussion imo. I didn't watch whole game so I'd actually appreciate some for info, perspective regarding that..

It's making the game harder to watch when adjustments a youth league coach would make are being ignored. Makes me think it really is all about stats analytics incentives and fantasy sports nowadays.

Nets ran a lineup early in the series that had Kyrie, Shamet & Mike James on the court at the same time & somehow the Bucks are still three hunting every time down floor. **** is comical at this point.

100%. THEY tried to blame him when it was never his fault. It's a misfit roster with a worthless player on it.
Again, he was the one who started the “Simmons at PG” ******** that the organization inexplicably fell for

his hands are on this too

Those other teams in the finals are built around Steph Curry and Lebron James, 2 of the greatest offensive players we will ever see.

It’s not that defense doesn’t matter. It does. It’s that a certain type of defense is no longer valuable deep in the playoffs.

You cannot play drop coverage in the playoffs. IMO you just can’t. The remaining offenses are way too good.

You’re best defensive players also have to contribute on offense. If the opposing team is going small, Gobert has to make the 6’5” players PAY. He has to seal and score easy buckets around the rim. A high percentage hook or something. Anything. At least try.

They had to take Simmons off the floor because hack-a-Ben ****s up the entire flow and rhythm of the offense every time.

Prime Dwight was every bit the defensive player Rudy was (he was better tbh) but he was also giving you like 20-30 points a night. You can win with that. The magic would’ve won with that + surrounding him with shooters until they ran into Kobe Bryant.

The days of playing defensive players who can’t contribute anything to offense and expecting to win a ring are over.

big ole facts

The Hawks have been fortunate because they've been able to play the 2 playoff teams in the East that don't really have the personnel to truly hunt Ice Tray. Both coaches still deserve blame though since they could do a better job of at least trying.

Has Conley been injured for like 8 years? Jazz really missing him
My thing is with as much talent that has come and gone through Utah, if Mike Conley was the missing piece then we’ve all been duped. Conley is a solid player and when he is on he’s nice, but it wasn’t like he is keeping their window open just by himself.

Nets ran a lineup early in the series that had Kyrie, Shamet & Mike James on the court at the same time & somehow the Bucks are still three hunting every time down floor. **** is comical at this point.
Yeah it's frustrating. I think I posted something in here during last game its crazy how the nets have gotten away with it to this point. Think I saw one jump hook from giannis which he actually made. Should be mouse in the house every damn time. Randle was pissing me off with it too 90% of the time the guy guarding him was smaller but he didn't wanna get physical.

Who’d the bucks have on the floor, on the offensive end? How much is a Middleton mid range versus Landry Shamet going to yield? Bud could put them at Better spots. But that’s coaching

Unless you can get a quick hitter or offensive boards…matchup hunting for smaller defenders eats up a lot of the shot clock for a contested shot.

If the other guys on the defensive end cant defend the perimeter or keep up, and they cant make you pay on offense with a quick mismatch…they can get played off the floor.

Has Conley been injured for like 8 years? Jazz really missing him
My thing is with as much talent that has come and gone through Utah, if Mike Conley was the missing piece then we’ve all been duped. Conley is a solid player and when he is on he’s nice, but it wasn’t like he is keeping their window open just by himself.

Conley creates scoring opportunities for Gobert and he's the 7th man that Utah desperately needs as the 6 man rotation (the rest of the bench is horrendous) ain't working.

Donovan is simply not good at that and the injury he sustained (in game 3??) affecting his overall play may get worse now that this series has to go to 7 games for Utah to win.

Mentioned by sohi 23 sohi 23 but Conley's injury might be really serious hence no updates from Utah.

They really miss Conley’s ability to create shots. Mitchell isn’t the best passer, but he’s getting schemed hard by Lue and he’s on a hurt ankle. Doubles and traps that are forcing him to get rid of the ball late in the shot clock. I’m not sure how many times they doubled Mitchell off Royce O’Neale’s man last night. Mitchell would pass Royce the roc and Royce would freeze, put up a bad shot/pass or turn it over. They don’t have any playmakers other than Mitchell and Conley. Bogey, Clarkson and Ingles are 3 point shooters, not point guards.

Gobert misses Conley the most. How many easy looks and buckets would Conley get Gobert off pick and roll all year? Gobert isn’t good enough offensively to make the Clippers pay for going small by himself. He needs someone to get him those looks and that’s where missing Conley is huge.

Who’d the bucks have on the floor, on the offensive end? How much is a Middleton mid range versus Landry Shamet going to yield? Bud could put them at Better spots. But that’s coaching

Unless you can get a quick hitter or offensive boards…matchup hunting for smaller defenders eats up a lot of the shot clock for a contested shot.

If the other guys on the defensive end cant defend the perimeter or keep up, and they cant make you pay on offense with a quick mismatch…they can get played off the floor.
That's matchup hunting tho that's different when you try and get guys to switcg via screens, actions. What were seeing now especially bucks vs Nets the matchup is already there they just gotta put em on their hip call for ball and go to work. But than certain guys might not get their stats. I hate to be all conspiracy theorist but I'm starting the think that's what it really comes down to.

When teams don't have multiple star caliber players, you need your full group of guys so everyone can play THEIR ROLE at a high level, in order to give you a chance against the teams that do have multiple stars.

In a vacuum, Conley is a solid player like you said, but his role is extremely important to this Jazz team. Him not being good last season is the reason why the team underachieved and didn't meet the expectations that a lot of folks had. This year he was awesome, and we saw what kind of effect that had.

As a Celtics fan, we basically saw this all year. Never had our full group of guys, so dudes had to step into roles they weren't accustomed to, or not built for. Made the entire season disjointed.

That's more on coaching & personnel IMO. Trae can't guard a soul & for whatever reason neither coach has made him pay for it consistently. That was an overwhelming talking point in the Knicks series & it's the reason Ben Simmons is getting slandered today. Same Reason bud should be FIRED for not attacking James Harden on one leg.

Two way players >>>>> Unless you are cool with individual awards & 2nd round exits... Which a lot of this thread is usually ecstatic about so i get it
At this point it has to be more that Nate and the hawks staff have found ways to keep effectively hiding Trae on defense and Trae is doing what he has to do to stay hidden. This two series in a row now the opposing teams coaches have not been able to find a way to consistently pick on Trae and I think we just gotta credit Nate and the hawks with that. Granted who the personnel on the other teams helps but still gotta take advantage of that and they have

That's more on coaching & personnel IMO. Trae can't guard a soul & for whatever reason neither coach has made him pay for it consistently. That was an overwhelming talking point in the Knicks series & it's the reason Ben Simmons is getting slandered today. Same Reason bud should be FIRED for not attacking James Harden on one leg.

Two way players >>>>> Unless you are cool with individual awards & 2nd round exits... Which a lot of this thread is usually ecstatic about so i get it

I agree 2 way players are the cream of the crop but it’s hard to find elite, let alone good 2 way players.

It’s the reason I’m so high on Mikal Bridges. That guy is a player who would walk onto every team, start and play 40 minutes.

That's matchup hunting tho that's different when you try and get guys to switcg via screens, actions. What were seeing now especially bucks vs Nets the matchup is already there they just gotta put em on their hip call for ball and go to work. But than certain guys might not get their stats. I hate to be all conspiracy theorist but I'm starting the think that's what it really comes down to.

Its just inverse matchup hunting :lol:. Skilled perimeter guys making bigs who can’t defend the perimeter or score enough on the offensive end pay.

Ain’t no conspiracy. It’s evolution.

Without Conley the Jazz's best playmaker is Ingles
And while he's good, he's a noticeable step down from what Conley provides

That is the point, Coaches are running **** like a pickup game. I'm not saying throw the ball into PJ Tucker & try to get a midrange shot. There have been numerous times in the series where Brook Lopez has had guards switched on to him.

Before Lopez remade himself into a 7ft spot up shooter he made his living off being one of the best post scorers in the league. If your offense is stagnant & your getting nothing but contested jumpers anyway, why not try to lean into the mismatch more.

1623947020376.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom