OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just inverse matchup hunting :lol:. Skilled perimeter guys making bigs who can’t defend the perimeter or score enough on the offensive end pay.

Ain’t no conspiracy. It’s evolution.
It doesn't eat up clock though just bring it up and dump it in to em. Bigs can make em pay just as much if not more and at a higher percentage if coached properly. Looks more like devolution to me.

Bigs are far more effective in the modern NBA as screeners in a pick and roll set rather than as post up players
Outside of players like Embiid and Jokic it's mostly a waste of time to try to look for a mismatch on the inside
Especially since a mismatch can be created when the defense switches on the perimeter opening up lobs for the big

wavycrocket wavycrocket made a good point.

You know how much time offenses waste trying to matchup hunt and get a small player mismatched against their star?

How easy is it for the defense to just pre-switch? Or just switch after the screen has been made and now the offense has to try and create the mismatch again?

Hunting out the smaller player to kill isn’t as easy as it seems.

Wait til they play an elite offensive initiator though. Someone like Harden is going to find him every time down the court.

For average guys, yes, it's definitely more difficult and time consuming to hunt.

Bigs are far more effective in the modern NBA as screeners in a pick and roll set rather than as post up players
Outside of players like Embiid and Jokic it's mostly a waste of time to try to look for a mismatch on the inside
Especially since a mismatch can be created when the defense switches on the perimeter opening up lobs for the big
Disagree completely. Turning big men into offensive linemen is not for the better of the sport. Than again I watched sports before 2010 though so I guess I just see it differently.

Disagree completely. Turning big men into offensive linemen is not for the better of the sport. Than again I watched sports before 2010 though so I guess I just see it differently.
Th best basketball minds whose decisions amount to billions of dollars collectively gained or lost have determined that the best way to maximize an offense and minimize a defense is to emphasize opportunities on the outside.

But hey you sat on your couch with some popcorn in 2007 so I'm sure you know better.

I said it when Houston paid Capela
I said it when Utah paid Gobert

these types of centers are not worth the money. Nobody learned from the Clippers handicapping themselves with DJ. I lnow, I know “Gobert and Capela are better.” They still are not the type of player you want to max out. Give me 2019 Dwight on a cheap deal over paying a guy max money to score putbacks and get picked on in PnRs.

Kyrie is Australian
Ingles is Australian
No one's talking **** about them because they can hit a free throw :lol:
Kyrie is an NBA Champion
Matthew Delavadova is an NBA Champion
Patty Mills is an NBA Champion
Andrew Bogut is an NBA Champion

Put some respect on Australia’s name

Ok I'll rule out Australia as a reason. Guess I gotta learn more about the guy cause yall clearly got a crush :lol:. It reminds me of when I used to come in here and folks are discusing stpeh currys wife 24/7. Now that I understand many of you think steph is God it makes more sense. Bad free throwing shooting from an under 60 % career shooter so we gotta talk about it lol yall looking for any reason:lol:
BEN SIMMONS
149403E7-8C90-4264-9FD4-BEF1B8578903.jpeg

tenor.gif

I said it when Houston paid Capela
I said it when Utah paid Gobert

these types of centers are not worth the money. Nobody learned from the Clippers handicapping themselves with DJ. I lnow, I know “Gobert and Capela are better.” They still are not the type of player you want to max out. Give me 2019 Dwight on a cheap deal over paying a guy max money to score putbacks and get picked on in PnRs.

Been saying this about Steven adams the whole year rather get javale or Howard on a 4 mill contract

Zion comes to the Hawks and we’d win it all within the next 2 seasons. That’s not even counting this season with the tides benefiting ATL right now.

LeBron's son, Bryce, looks like he should be playing football. He looks like he's thickly built and would be a good defensive end. LeBron Jr looks more like a natural hooper

Kyrie is an NBA Champion
Matthew Delavadova is an NBA Champion
Patty Mills is an NBA Champion
Andrew Bogut is an NBA Champion

Put some respect on Australia’s name
Aron Baynes is a champion
have you checked out his body as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom