OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska has a very favorable schedule but part of me feels like Frost gets canned no matter what.

They were better than their record last year, and Trev Alberts is his boy. I think they are 6-6 at worst, which probably still keeps him his job. Something like 9-3 is very possible for them this year.

Has Phil Steeles magazine always been $20? I just saw it at the bookstore and swear it used to be like $10-$12

I think they’ll go 6-6 and keep him since they’ll finally get back to a bowl. It seems like when these schools hire their “saviors” they get a longer leash. Just remember all the hype he had coming in, good lord.

It’ll be a rough start for them if Oklahoma blows them out that’s for sure
l agree. Even if he survives for this year they won't tolerate just getting to a bowl game. Dude should've stayed in Florida because that Nebraska job hasn't been great ever since their recruiting pipeline in Texas and California pretty much dried up.

They were better than their record last year, and Trev Alberts is his boy. I think they are 6-6 at worst, which probably still keeps him his job. Something like 9-3 is very possible for them this year.
I agree I see them going 8-4 this year (just because they always lose a dumb game) but they’re very capable of beating OU.

They lost 7 games last season by one score and were maybe the best 3 win team in NCAA history.

I’m not plugged in to Nebraska at all but everything I’ve read and heard is that they really don’t want to fire him, so he’d essentially have to force their hand with another really bad season.

Has Phil Steeles magazine always been $20? I just saw it at the bookstore and swear it used to be like $10-$12
I went Athlon sports this year but the $19.99 caught me off guard too. I don’t typically purchase physical copy magazines so I’m not sure but I agree it seemed a lot

First it was fighting on the hill of “9 years is not a decade! Be literal! You’re wrong!” Now it’s lying and saying that a 9 game sample from the 2020 and 2021 seasons was “3 seasons.”

Politician level misleading indeed.

Fitting that the Miami and A&M fanbases are fervently aligned in this. You’ve had an equal number of double figure win seasons since each of your last championships, so there’s a brotherhood in your mediocrity.
You’re the dummy that doesn’t know 10 years = 1 decade and tries to Trump your way into making it mean 9 years instead and you’re still wrong…then when you lose the argument you resort to other personal attacks.

These kids going to college now weren’t even alive the last time USC was relevant. So guess we’re all in the same boat? We can compare our “lousy” programs to USC over the past decade (that would be 10 seasons) to if you want to.

l agree. Even if he survives for this year they won't tolerate just getting to a bowl game. Dude should've stayed in Florida because that Nebraska job hasn't been great ever since their recruiting pipeline in Texas and California pretty much dried up.
I forget where I saw that he and Chip both gave UF consideration but the admin was such a mess it really deterred both of them.

I went Athlon sports this year but the $19.99 caught me off guard too. I don’t typically purchase physical copy magazines so I’m not sure but I agree it seemed a lot

I usually get Athlon too. I was going to grab Steeles magazine but the price really turned me off although it did seem like a bigger magazine than years past. I get them maybe every other year, sometimes it’s nice to have the physical copy so I won’t stray off like I do when I’m on my phone :lol:

When I think of coaches and the opportunities that they get part of me feels like coaches like Durkin, Sark and Brian Kelly shouldn't be coaching anyone. All three have done some truly despicable things that should've resulted in a permanent ban from coaching but it is what it is.

When I think of coaches and the opportunities that they get part of me feels like coaches like Durkin, Sark and Brian Kelly shouldn't be coaching anyone. All three have done some truly despicable things that should've resulted in a permanent ban from coaching but it is what it is.
Don’t feel good that Durkin is on our sideline right now.

Anybody planning to hit any games this season?
Getting to my first Gators game in over a decade this year :pimp: Going to Gainesville for a weekend was my only demand for letting my fiance drag me to Disney world for a week. Might hit a Ducks game or two depending on schedules.

You’re the dummy that doesn’t know 10 years = 1 decade and tries to Trump your way into making it mean 9 years instead and you’re still wrong…then when you lose the argument you resort to other personal attacks.

These kids going to college now weren’t even alive the last time USC was relevant. So guess we’re all in the same boat? We can compare our “lousy” programs to USC over the past decade (that would be 10 seasons) to if you want to.
1. This whole argument is dumb. Your whole 9 years vs a decade fixation is dumb. This is all dumb. Unfortunately, I’ve got time for A&M today.

2. Congrats you had a not ****** QB NINE years ago instead off the TEN I originally said. You really owned me with that clear distinction! TBH I was confused because he won about as many games and championships as every other ****** QB you had before and since. Point for you.

It was what the 2nd best season your school has had in like 40 years? (Feel free to correct me if it’s actually 39 years.)

You know who won more games than him that season? Cody Kessler.

3. USC won their conference in 2017 and won double figure games in back to back seasons.

What has A&M won since your grandparents were born? Serious question have they ever won double figure games in back to back seasons in your lifetime? Have you ever seen the Aggies win a division in any conference?

“USC hasn’t been relevant (and by that you mean won back to back national championships and played in a 3rd) since most of these kids were born.” You realize how dumb that sounds?

Mediocrity for us is a title that isn’t the national championship. You’re still jerking off about Kellen Mond stumbling to 8 wins in a season when half your opponents were ruled “ineligible because of plague.”

**** outta here

Last edited:
1. This whole argument is dumb. Your whole 9 years vs a decade fixation is dumb. This is all dumb. Unfortunately, I’ve got time for A&M today.

2. Congrats you had a not ****ty QB NINE years ago instead off the TEN I originally said. You really owned me with that clear distinction! TBH I was confused because he won about as many games and championships as every other ****ty QB you had before and since. Point for you.

It was what the 2nd best season your school has had in like 40 years? (Feel free to correct me if it’s actually 39 years.)

You know who won more games than him that season? Cody Kessler.

3. USC won their conference in 2017 and won double figure games in back to back seasons. Even he managed that.

What has A&M won since your parents were born? Serious question have they ever won double figure games in back to back seasons in your lifetime? Have you ever seen the Aggies win a division in any conference?

“USC hasn’t been relevant (and by that you mean won back to back national championships and played in a 3rd) since most of these kids were born.” You realize how dumb that sounds?

Mediocrity for us is a title that isn’t the national championship. You’re still jerking off about Kellen Mond stumbling to 8 wins in a season when half your opponents were ruled “ineligible because of plague.”

**** outta here
YOU’RE THE ONE WHO ORIGINALLY SAID 10 YEARS AGO WASNT A DECADE. Why do you keep trying to put the 10 years vs 9 years thing on me? :lol:

And I might need some facts to back up “half of our opponents being ineligible because of plague.” Those games wouldn’t have been played and would count towards the record.

You’re the perfect lawyer because you’re impossible to argue against with your constant shifting and creation of alternate facts that are too dumb to counter.

I don’t think sark did anything to harm kids. He just had personal issues that at the time made him wholly unfit, but he was generally a good dude to the kids under his watch, just not the father figure he was promising parents he’d be.

Well if you ignore the him smashing coeds thing…

YOU’RE THE ONE WHO ORIGINALLY SAID 10 YEARS AGO WASNT A DECADE. Why do you keep trying to put the 10 years vs 9 years thing on me? :lol:
Go back. Read the posts. Actually read them.

Then come back and say “this is dumb.”

Troll me about recruiting Zach branch but my goodness please, stop, this.

JT in his last 9 games:

17 TDs, 5 INTs, 2,000 yards passing, 70% comp, 9-0 as a starter.

That scout team player would have been the best QB on Miami, aTm, or Mich in the past decade. Go off though kings.

This guy actually won one in the past decade:

1660955089512.jpeg

Yes, Johnny Manziel won the heisman ten years ago. Ten years is a decade.

So that would mean he played in the past decade, no? If it helps, he played another year after the Heisman season, which would put it at 9 years ago.

Ok you got it pal.

JT would have been the best QB at A&M in the past 9 years.
You right, it’s actually just you that’s dumb thinking JT is a better college QB than JFF. And I guess me dumb as well for actually trying to argue with someone who thinks that.

You right, it’s actually just you that’s dumb thinking JT is a better college QB than JFF. And I guess me dumb as well for actually trying to argue with someone who thinks that.
Ok. Because you’re struggling to comprehend, let me help you:

I thought Johnny’s last season was 2012 and as such said JT was better than every QB you’ve had in a decade since. You corrected me. I agreed and said JT was actually better than every QB you’ve had in 9 years since the distinction of one season was so important (on what was clearly a throwaway comment, albeit a true one) You’ve since repeatedly brought that one sentence that you misread up and I keep engaging you on it because apparently I am really dumb.

Can you just sit this out and let the better A&M poster defend your schools honor from now on?

Ok. Because you’re struggling to comprehend, let me help you:

I thought Johnny’s last season was 2012 and as such said JT was better than every QB you’ve had in a decade since. You corrected me. I agreed and said JT was actually better than every QB you’ve had in 9 years since the distinction of one season was so important (on what was clearly a throwaway comment, albeit a true one) You’ve since repeatedly brought that one sentence that you misread up and I keep engaging you on it because apparently I am really dumb.

Can you just sit this out and let the better A&M poster defend your schools honor from now on?
And there go the personal attacks from the loser again!

Anybody planning to hit any games this season?

I'll be in Atlanta with @ecook0808 for Jawja v. the zeroes.

Think I might also actually go to Nebraska, Michigan, or Penn state vs. Rutgers in Piscataway this year. See what NY's one true team is like in person.

I'm probably gonna make the home opener for SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom