OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
justincredible7 justincredible7 Stands proudly with aepps20 aepps20 for The Eyes
72FD0A94-0E0E-430C-AFBA-016B15DC8F85.gif

My brother justincredible7 justincredible7 and I as the song played.

4BF2323B-1A56-47D6-80B9-FD7C8D6BA599.gif

Rivalry games should be on campus. It's better for everyone.

Texas/OU at the Fair is a damned cool environment, but even that one I think would be a blast to have on-campus.

aepps20 aepps20 will be pleased
I’m very pleased for a couple of reasons.

1. It proves that justincredible7 justincredible7 and myself were right when we were doing da Griddy with tears in our eyes when The EYES was played
EB25EB55-B41B-4805-B137-2FF29C5FCEBC.gif

2. Sark and his sponsor are operating and working on the same page. I was angry when I zoomed in and didn’t see Sark there for da EYES but I reserved judgment because I assumed he was on the phone with his sponsor. Glad his sponsor told him that da EYES are more important than da game.

11394162.png

So on that last play 'cuse had a man open in the end zone behind where the ball went (and really a 1 on 1 in each corner) and the QB decided to stare down and throw into triple/almost quadruple coverage huh...

The Pac 12 currently has a 3 way tie for 2nd place and there is a highly likely scenario where there is a 3 way tie for 1st place at the end of the year.

The tie-breaker rules, as written, mean that Utah could win out with wins over both USC and Oregon, but because all 3 teams didn't play each other, USC and Oregon would go forward to the conference championship using the records vs common opponents (UCLA.)

Utah's fanbase would self-immolate if that were to happen and because of that the Pac 12 has not responded to requests over the past several days to clarify the rule.

Alternatively, the Pac 12 could issue a clarification of their tie breaker that would permit Utah to hold a tie breaker over USC and Oregon, but this would mean changing their own conference rules mid-season and would essentially screw USC/Oregon (this seems like the most Pac 12 thing to do.)

Last edited:

Moving it out of Jax?

I hope they move it. Rivalry games are so much better on campus. I can understand certain rivalry games like Oklahoma versus Texas being played during the Texas State Fair but at least that is a cool venue. Jacksonville is a crappy city with nothing to do.

The reason Kirby wants to move the game out of Jacksonville is for recruiting purposes. We're forfeiting a home game and an opportunity to host recruits. This season and last season, Georgia has forfeited two home games in order to play two neutral side games (Clemson and Florida in 2021 and Oregon and Florida this season).

Florida should be on board too. It would benefit them greatly.

Kind of a crazy stat here. Georgia's linebacker commit was the fastest recorded player in the nation this weekend. Kid is going to be an absolute beast in college

Man I've been on campus for Miami games, FSU games and various other conference games. The level of pure unadulterated debauchery that would be experienced en masse for a UGA game in Gainesville would be unrivaled and probably leave the city as a whole shut down for a solid 3 days afterwards as everyone from the students to the cops try to recover from the hangovers and violence that occurs on that Saturday.

Sign me up and let me book my flights now.

I hope they move it. Rivalry games are so much better on campus. I can understand certain rivalry games like Oklahoma versus Texas being played during the Texas State Fair but at least that is a cool venue. Jacksonville is a crappy city with nothing to do.

The reason Kirby wants to move the game out of Jacksonville is for recruiting purposes. We're forfeiting a home game and an opportunity to host recruits. This season and last season, Georgia has forfeited two home games in order to play two neutral side games (Clemson and Florida in 2021 and Oregon and Florida this season).

Florida should be on board too. It would benefit them greatly.
UGA still played 6 true home games last year and this year, and the Benz is hardly a road game. Your opponent almost always has to travel and that game had recruits at it.

I do get the desire for rivalries to be played on campus and the seeking to get all the revenue from the home game though, and it would be cool for kids to finally actually see and play at their rivals stadium.

UGA still played 6 true home games last year and this year, and the Benz is hardly a road game. Your opponent almost always has to travel and that game had recruits at it.

I do get the desire for rivalries to be played on campus and the seeking to get all the revenue from the home game though, and it would be cool for kids to finally actually see and play at their rivals stadium.

Kirby is tryna get like Ohio State and have 7-8 home games per year.

tmay407 tmay407

Sounds like there’s a better than not chance it’s gonna be Jeff Grimes.

Which would reopen the Novosad door.

Grimes replaces Adazzio. Craig gone. Dickey gone. Would leave two open spots on the staff.

Also rumors this might've been strike 3 for Denver Harris and he's been told to pack his **** up.

Between the sneaking out, then the parking garage Instagram Live thing, now this... He's likely out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom