OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would depend what you consider a good job.

There’s a ton of money, great recruiting location, conference that gets a poll boost, and boosters who are willing to do anything to win.

That said, the boosters are like Texas’s boosters on crack and have 2 failed coups in the last 2-3 years alone. No coach will get 3 years to build if they’re not winning SEC games/beating Bama, and a trip to the national championship isn’t enough to save your job.

It’s a good job for Urban Meyer or a connected good ole boy. And an 3 and out buyout payday for everyone else.
Kinda how I view it. Ain’t like A&M where you can leverage any modicum of success into a massive raise/guaranteed pay day.

They’ll run your *** outta town with no remorse in a hurry.

Don't like it. That's not fair to Cadillac.

It is what it is. He's in a tough spot because the OC and DC were both Boise boys that Harsin brought over so he's one of the few Auburn guys on the staff. He's not auditioning for a new job and no one really expects him to succeed.

Frankly, this is the same reason why I do not want Deion Sanders to have this job. Auburn is such a dumpster fire and I hate when black coaches get put in terrible situations.

It is what it is. He's in a tough spot because the OC and DC were both Boise boys that Harsin brought over so he's one of the few Auburn guys on the staff. He's not auditioning for a new job and no one really expects him to succeed.

Frankly, this is the same reason why I do not want Deion Sanders to have this job. Auburn is such a dumpster fire and I hate when black coaches get put in terrible situations.

Prime could turn things around there quick with the portal and a good recruiting class. I think he’d do fine there as long as they support him.

If you have a guy that can take advantage of the portal, I don’t think the turnaround at these places that are deemed “dumpster fires” should take that long anymore.

No it’s more blaming the staff/security that’s responsible for looking after their players. But go on

That's what I mean. Not blaming the victim, but blaming someone else who did nothing wrong.

MSU so spectacularly failed to look out for it players that there's no room to discuss what Michigan did or didn't do. This begins and ends with MSU.

A high ranking MSU staffer runs up to the incident, then turns around and books it into the locker room. Talk about looking after your players.

Who you taking with the first pick next year?

Maybe it's me but it's hard for me to gauge quarterbacks playing in the Pac-12. Bo Nix was on the verge of getting benched playing against SEC defenses but all the sudden he's looking like a Heisman contender playing against the non-athletes in the Pac-12. It's just hard for me to get a baseline for who's actually good and who's just feasting on a conference with inferior talent.

Maybe it's me but it's hard for me to gauge quarterbacks playing in the Pac-12. Bo Nix was on the verge of getting benched playing against SEC defenses but all the sudden he's looking like a Heisman contender playing against the non-athletes in the Pac-12. It's just hard for me to get a baseline for who's actually good and who's just feasting on a conference with inferior talent.

The last QB picked in the first round from the Pac 12 looks and plays the part but I hear you.

Whittingham lied to the Fox producers/analysts/betting partners about his depth chart. He knew Cam Rising was injured and wouldn't be playing and lied to everyone about it. Betting lines were set and the tv production crew (and Wazzu who Whit was probably REALLY worried about) prepared for the game, assuming that Rising would play.

You can futz with local guys and opposing fanbases, but now that there are gambling companies involved they're not going to be able to do this. It's only a matter of time until college teams are required to submit official injury lists and risk being fined like the Pats were if they lie in them. Of course, they could also just pull a Belichick and have Brady listed as "Qeustionable" every week.

I don’t think any team should have to disclose injury status to anyone, especially broadcast partners. Opposing teams have game film and broadcasters can adjust on the fly, they make no difference in the competition going on on the field

I don’t think any team should have to disclose injury status to anyone, especially broadcast partners. Opposing teams have game film and broadcasters can adjust on the fly, they make no difference in the competition going on on the field
You have betting partners and production teams have to prepare write ups about your squad for the game. People aren't going to gamble on Utah games because they'll feel cheated if Utah's head coach keeps lying about the state of affairs.

If you want the TV and draftkings money you better not lie to them. It's why it's not allowed in pro leagues. You can't have it both ways.

Not so sure on that witnesskb24 witnesskb24 , but I do see your point

Why would a broadcasting company purchase the rights for a week if they have no faith in said coach being truthful about an injured star ? ….Bucks sell off TV rights games that aren’t bought already every week to the highest bidder , milly is the floor.

Part of the reason Bucks haven’t been on BTN much this season and the game times shift weekly damn near

But the betting partners have no choice here… will they stop allowing bets on Utah?

They won’t stop advertising with Fox etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom