OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s a terrible job. It took having SCam Newton at da height of his powers to get a championship. Their program goes through coaches at a crazy clip.

The risk probably isn’t worth the reward for most guys but it’s still a decent job, warts and all.

Harsin not working out is something anyone should have seen, it was an awful fit.

Would depend what you consider a good job.

There’s a ton of money, great recruiting location, conference that gets a poll boost, and boosters who are willing to do anything to win.

That said, the boosters are like Texas’s boosters on crack and have 2 failed coups in the last 2-3 years alone. No coach will get 3 years to build if they’re not winning SEC games/beating Bama, and a trip to the national championship isn’t enough to save your job.

It’s a good job for Urban Meyer or a connected good ole boy. And an 3 and out buyout payday for everyone else.

pretty much how i see it.

dont see it getting any better if lane stays at ole miss and texas and OU coming in.

You have betting partners and production teams have to prepare write ups about your squad for the game. People aren't going to gamble on Utah games because they'll feel cheated if Utah's head coach keeps lying about the state of affairs.

If you want the TV and draftkings money you better not lie to them. It's why it's not allowed in pro leagues. You can't have it both ways.

No I get all that I’m just speaking from a competitive/coaches view. Disclosing that info so the media/betting sites can have it doesn’t benefit me as a coach when it comes to what happens on the field. Just saying it’s crazy they have to share that info when it can help the other team as well in terms of scouting/planning. In the end it’s all about the almighty dollar so they have to.

Any more than we hold Lincoln’s offense against Caleb?

Sounds like that is the plan

I’ve never really studied it in depth, but from what I’ve heard Longo’s version of the Air Raid is highly simplified so they can play fast.

The QB isn’t asked to do much

83C30E8D-DF9E-49FE-B338-1D41A5CA9D70.png

A couple of things stand out. They have Texas ranked. Also, they put Illinois at 16. Would’ve put them at 13 or 14.

Edit: TCU at 7 :lol:

Playing with the rankings and the expanded playoff rules in the future TCU would get a bye week

The 4th conference title winner gonna have some fanbases in shambles :lol:

If you’re looking at purely resumes and not factoring preseason rankings, is it really that farfetched that Tennessee is #1 based on what’s on paper right now? Even though Georgia is probably a better team in that matchup, Tennessee has a fairly significant resume edge at this point.

Tennessee for sure should be number 1 based off resume, it’s just funny seeing the #1 team an 8.5 point underdog. UGA should be number 2 IMO.

The laughable ones are LSU at #10 when they’ve lost to an unranked FSU and blown out by Tennessee. Their best win is Ole Miss (who has beaten who?) If they’re ranking teams based off resume then LSU has no business being 10 nor does Bama have any business being ahead of TCU. Bama has zero ranked wins and lost to the only ranked team they’ve played (granted it was a last second field goal but still)

Then again the rankings mean nothing at this point and it’s for ratings. Now you get Bama with a top ten matchup in prime time on ESPN. The cover 3 podcast said it best that after the top 6, most of the rankings they do are used to justify their top 6 choices. All about ratings and $$$

As the week goes on I grow more and more confident about a Georgia winning big. And if you guys want to place a bet, I'll give 8.5 pts.

Never seen you say you expected UGA to lose so this isn’t exactly revolutionary :lol:

True but to be fair things have been going in my favor for a while now. We haven't lost a regular season game in 2 years now

I see Tennessee getting a lot of love so I think it's an easy opportunity to cash in. I'm surprised the number of people who genuinely believe Tennessee is going to win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom