OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
AppropriateRespectfulCoral-max-1mb.gif

Still one of my favorite clips.

Hasn’t got a lot of buzz nationally but Colin Klein has done a really nice job in his first year as a play caller.

My understanding is that while they use resume through the first 8-9 weeks as a guide, they will re-rank the teams each week. It's a bit redundant, because technically all of the polls are supposed to be this, but what you're seeing is the order of who they think the top teams are.

Tennessee is #1 because the CFP committee believes they are currently the best team in the country. Their resume is a guide to coming to that conclusion but Bama not beating a ranked team doesn't matter if in the CFP committee's opinion they have played like the 6th best team.

In theory, next week UGA could be #1 and the top 4 is shuffled and so on.
The more laughable thing should be that TCU is sitting at #7. Slap an overlapped OU or longhorn sticker on the side of that helmet and they’re no lower than #4.

I know you think TCU is a paper tiger, but slap a Mississippi State sticker on the side of the Alabama helmet and where are they sitting?

I’m not sure how much playoff expansion is actually going to help, but the committee has been incredibly terrible hiding their biases for certain schools.

Last edited:
The more laughable thing should be that TCU is sitting at #7. Slap an overlapped OU or longhorn sticker on the side of that helmet and they’re no lower than #4.

I know you think they’re paper tigers, but slap a Mississippi State sticker on the side of the Alabama helmet and where are they sitting?

I’m not sure how much playoff expansion is actually going to help, but the committee has been incredibly terrible hiding their biases for certain schools.

Clemson ahead of TCU is absolutely laughable. Just thinking, a 2 loss LSU is 3 spots behind TCU. What a f*cking joke

BUT gotta get Bama that top ten matchup!

Clemson ahead of TCU is absolutely laughable. Just thinking, a 2 loss LSU is 3 spots behind TCU. What a f*cking joke

BUT gotta get Bama that top ten matchup!
Yep, the committee knows damned well that LSU isn’t even close to a top 10 team. My wife, an LSU grad, was even like “what the ****!” when she saw that last night, but the committee needs to finds ways to support their babies.

As far as 2-loss teams go, they should probably be ahead of Kansas State (maybe? Tulane loss is kind of unforgivable…does stomping Ok St make up for that?) but behind Utah (Florida loss, but USC win). Maybe behind Penn State (losses to two top 5 teams) and Oklahoma State?

Would be different if LSU actually gave Tennessee a game, but they blew out one ranked team and blown out by the other ranked team they played. And lost to Florida State…they should definitely be closer to 15-17 or so, but that wouldn’t make for a great CBS prime time matchup or resume boosting win for Alabama.

Think Achane goes a little bit later in the 2nd round (due to lack of diversified film), but does Curtis Samuel seem like a fair NFL comparison for him? Wish we had a brighter mind to expose him as a Percy Harvin level talent like he should have been showcased as.

Think Achane goes a little bit later in the 2nd round (due to lack of diversified film), but does Curtis Samuel seem like a fair NFL comparison for him? Wish we had a brighter mind to expose him as a Percy Harvin level talent like he should have been showcased as.

Philip Lindsay with more long speed. Samuel was more WR than he was RB at OSU.

This is a really deep RB class and I think guys are going to fall because of it. Bijan is the only guy that I think is guaranteed to go early.

Yep, the committee knows damned well that LSU isn’t even close to a top 10 team. My wife, an LSU grad, was even like “what the ****!” when she saw that last night, but the committee needs to finds ways to support their babies.

As far as 2-loss teams go, they should probably be ahead of Kansas State (maybe? Tulane loss is kind of unforgivable…does stomping Ok St make up for that?) but behind Utah (Florida loss, but USC win). Maybe behind Penn State (losses to two top 5 teams) and Oklahoma State?

Would be different if LSU actually gave Tennessee a game, but they blew out one ranked team and blown out by the other ranked team they played. And lost to Florida State…they should definitely be closer to 15-17 or so, but that wouldn’t make for a great CBS prime time matchup or resume boosting win for Alabama.
But if we just go off the way teams are playing right now, do you think LSU is playing like the 10th best team?

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Shoulda purged in 2021/spring 2022

So kids can't even commit and sign in the winter, they have to wait until May or it's considered what, tampering? This is going to hurt a few of the impact QB/projected starter transfers who will now only have fall camp to get up to speed.

I wonder what the impetus for the rule is. Regular kids can transfer mid year.

Last edited:

atlsfinest atlsfinest ready to admit that you were loud and wrong, or? He’ll probably be a Safety on the next level, but he absolutely could and has played corner at a high level in college. Regardless of what the UGA fans who don’t watch Miami games think :lol:

Eric Gentry speaking on the Jayden Daniels transferring video with the player trashing his name:

How the hell can you be #1 team in the country and a 8 point UNDERDOG lmaoo

That has to be the biggest spread in CFB history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom