OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I love college football message boards.

8F69113B-2216-44B2-BD46-CB7C4E9A6A68.jpeg

:rofl:

Wow, that’s a really bad look for that coach.

To counter the previous post (don’t remember who it was), my mom has worked for a few Mormon orthodontists/dentists and they’ve been some of the best people I’ve ever met.

Every race/religion/subgroup has their own subsection of dumbasses, but BYU isn’t really doing a great job of trying to protect their brand here.

Wow, that’s a really bad look for that coach.

To counter the previous post (don’t remember who it was), my mom has worked for a few Mormon orthodontists/dentists and they’ve been some of the best people I’ve ever met.

Every race/religion/subgroup has their own subsection of dumbasses, but BYU isn’t really doing a great job of trying to protect their brand here.

Racism and LDS go together like PB &J. BYU's own black students talk openly about the racism they face there on social media. BYU's brand is racism. The Black 14 never get kicked off of the U of Wyo football team in 1969 if they weren't protesting the tenants of that faith that essentially said Black people are morally evil and our Black skin is proof of our sin. LDS believed this until the late 70s which is funny because they say their head guy had a revelation which coincided with the boycotts BYU was facing.

Racism and LDS go together like PB &J. BYU's own black students talk openly about the racism they face there on social media. BYU's brand is racism. The Black 14 never get kicked off of the U of Wyo football team in 1969 if they weren't protesting the tenants of that faith that essentially said Black people are morally evil and our Black skin is proof of our sin. LDS believed this until the late 70s which is funny because they say their head guy had a revelation which coincided with the boycotts BYU was facing.
I wasn’t aware of the Black 14, so thanks for that, adding that documentary to my download list.

Not the right forum for this kinda discussion so this is all I’m gonna say, but I think you’d find that same energy in almost every mainstream religion in America. We’re seeing it start to rear it’s ugly head again in the present, all stemming from one new “god” people are sinning by worshipping.

Also, if you think black college football players being protested as late as 1969 (and into the 70s) is disgusting, you probably don’t want to research the history of black players at some of these blue blood programs.

(Just in case it isn’t clear, I do totally agree with your sentiments about it being total ******** as a dogmatic practice. It’s not right, will never be right, and never should have been right.)

Not football but since this is kind of the ge real college sports discussion thread and we’ve talked about BYU before:

And this is why people like me always advocate for talented black athletes to attend HBCUs.

With that being said, i thought FAMU did a pretty good job against the Tarheels. I imagine the score would have been closer if FAMU wasn’t missing 20+ players. Their QB was getting the job done through the air and the ground. Can’t wait for SWAC play.

Nice drive by FAMU

Edit: They're missing 25 players??
merchant.png
Yup. They found out a day before the game that the players were ineligible. Something to do with the academic side of things. Feel bad for them because most of there were starters including NFL prospect Isaiah Land. Gotta make sure them grades are in order though. It’s called STUDENT athlete for a reason.

Yup. They found out a day before the game that the players were ineligible. Something to do with the academic side of things. Feel bad for them because most of there were starters including NFL prospect Isaiah Land. Gotta make sure them grades are in order though. It’s called STUDENT athlete for a reason.
Of course the NCAA would wait right before the game tho :lol: :smh:

How are they already ineligible is what I don’t understand? Haven’t classes only been going on for a couple of weeks if that? Crazy they can’t keep their grades up for just a couple of weeks

How are they already ineligible is what I don’t understand? Haven’t classes only been going on for a couple of weeks if that? Crazy they can’t keep their grades up for just a couple of weeks

This is an administrative failure.
It’s both academics and transfer certification keeping guys out. Apparently FAMU fired their AD and lost their compliance guy. Props to those guys for showing crazy heart.

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis how did y’all look yesterday?

About as good as you’d expect against a Duquesne quality team. Looked competent and got the backups a lot of burn . Hard to make any grand conclusions based on the opponent + the vanilla gameplan on offense & defense

Health will be the question going forward as they’re not a very deep team and are already thin in some spots due to injury.

Natty or bust

I know we have one of these posts every year around thanksgiving/New Years, but because the season is kicking off I want to just say again how special this thread is. I think it’s the thread on NT with the most consistent membership and patronage over the past decade plus (second, only to the thread about yambz, maybe). The vitalness of the jokes and Monday morning **** talk this thread provides me is so necessary. So wanted to say appreciate y’all. Even the “this is the year Jimbo delivers” TAMU losers. (Spoiler: he won’t.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom