OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAOOOOOOO

1672585525725.png

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis

What’s the deal with Sam McCall?

Great athlete, not sure that he was completely bought in to the program and putting forth the effort necessary to get on the field this past year. He was an EE and in prime position to be able to get some PT in a shaky DB room and he only played during blowouts. They gave him opportunities on Kick Return but that didn’t work out well either.

I think if you can get him bought in and to realize that potentially his biggest payday is a safety then you’ll have a player

Great athlete, not sure that he was completely bought in to the program and putting forth the effort necessary to get on the field this past year. He was an EE and in prime position to be able to get some PT in a shaky DB room and he only played during blowouts. They gave him opportunities on Kick Return but that didn’t work out well either.

I think if you can get him bought in and to realize that potentially his biggest payday is a safety then you’ll have a player
A&M supposedly starting him at corner, maybe some nickel - though I think that’s where Bryce Anderson ends up playing the Antonio Johnson role.

I still don’t understand people complaining about bowl opt outs. Some of the local white trade in town was complaining about the Illinois players opting out and I asked them if they had millions on the line if they’d play in a meaningless bowl? “Hell yes I would it’s about commitment and they’re getting free tuition”. I said is that “free” tuition more than what they bring in the school by playing? Alas no response

I am, however, curious to see if we ever have a fully healthy player opt out of a playoff game

Fun year for Michigan again… Tough loss… Left a lot out there… Clock management and defensive pressure were not good… Need to find a #1 WR at some point… JJ, Edwards and Loveland is a fine start to the offense next year… Need to hope Moore or Stewart are studs off the edge next year… No real pass rush unless it came from a blitz can’t happen next year

Fun year for Michigan again… Tough loss… Left a lot out there… Clock management and defensive pressure were not good… Need to find a #1 WR at some point… JJ, Edwards and Loveland is a fine start to the offense next year… Need to hope Moore or Stewart are studs off the edge next year… No real pass rush unless it came from a blitz can’t happen next year

Going to be very interesting to see how OSU and Michigan both look next year

I’m expecting Graham to provide some pass rush on the interior next year, I understand why they kept Mazi on the field in those situations but Graham really impressed in the few opportunities he got to rush the passer this season. He’s got great hands for a kid so young.

I can’t believe the Buckeyes fumbled that game last night :lol:

Sucks man lol. Watched the highlights this morning.

Not even mad tho. Them Dawgs are something serious.

50 yarder to win in those games and that environment was doomed from the start.

Sucks man lol. Watched the highlights this morning.

Not even mad tho. Them Dawgs are something serious.

50 yarder to win in those games and that environment was doomed from the start.

I was on the phone with family during the end of the game and literally was screaming when UGA pulled it off. Ohio State played better for the vast majority of that game. Field goal happened as the countdown to 2023 finished. Classic game

Had been rumors TCU was getting sniffed around as a conference realignment candidate purely as a door into DFW.

Wonder if this does anything to bolster how the Big10 might view them.

Had been rumors TCU was getting sniffed around as a conference realignment candidate purely as a door into DFW.

Wonder if this does anything to bolster how the Big10 might view them.

I mean, it would give the B1G the DFW market which is what it’s all about. But TCU has a small alumni base, little to no following in DFW outside of Fort Worth, and mediocre academics which is what the B1G presidents seem to care about..it would be ranked second to last in the B1G academically, only ahead of Nebraska.

Feels like a horrible fit. Then again I’d take them over Rutgers any day.

Edit: Speaking of realignment, if I’m the PAC-12 I would be trying to get SMU like asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom