OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun year for Michigan again… Tough loss… Left a lot out there… Clock management and defensive pressure were not good… Need to find a #1 WR at some point… JJ, Edwards and Loveland is a fine start to the offense next year… Need to hope Moore or Stewart are studs off the edge next year… No real pass rush unless it came from a blitz can’t happen next year

Tight End is WR #1 for Michigan. That's not going to change. #1 WR-types don't want to run block and watch Tight ends and check downs take up the bulk of pass attemtps.

They pissed away an all-time WR class a few years back and did little with a "best WR room" this season. They played more than good enough last night, but JJ all season has been throwing behind which was costly last night.

Tight End is WR #1 for Michigan. That's not going to change. #1 WR-types don't want to run block and watch Tight ends and check downs take up the bulk of pass attemtps.

They pissed away an all-time WR class a few years back and did little with a "best WR room" this season. They played more than good enough last night, but JJ all season has been throwing behind which was costly last night.

Are y’all losing any big contributors?

I don't consider any Michigan WR a big contributor, but some will say Ronnie Bell is one.

Chanticleer is a terrible name... "orchestra of voices" change that. Chandeliers would honestly be better.

Are y’all losing any big contributors?

We’re losing at least two OL, and could possibly lose 4. Schoon is gone.

Taylor on D sounds like he’s gone, but there’s some optimism Green could be back for another year. Mazi and Morris are gone.

They bring back a lot of talent, and have a nice portal class coming in but I would still like to see them make a run at a RB.

We’re blaming the ref spotting the ball on the 49 for McCarthy under throwing a wide open TD and the RB fumbling on the goal line?

I'm blaming the ref for marking the ball way short of the actual spot and pondering the "what if" of had it been spotted correctly.

JJ "underthrew" by less than margin of the spot (nevermind they ****** up the review).

Had been rumors TCU was getting sniffed around as a conference realignment candidate purely as a door into DFW.

Wonder if this does anything to bolster how the Big10 might view them.
Yup. We talked about it but SC guys have been adamant that TCU is being seriously considered.

Earlier this week, Ohio State star quarterback C.J. Stroud's mother revealed he received death threats after the Michigan game.

Stroud attempted to downplay the threats.

“I don’t really look, but people have the audacity to call and talk to me and tell me what people say,” C.J. said on Thursday, per Ross Dellenger of Sports Illustrated. “It’s the nature of the beast. You accept the good with the bad. I thank God for a second chance at this game. We deserve to be here regardless of what happened that day.”

Why didn’t we get an invite? Lol

FB2FDECF-EAB7-4150-A485-5B064F69A92C.png

College football fans are the worst.

I hope our kicker isn’t having to deal with that BS after last night :smh:

Who’s a player who you thought was overrated/meh/bad that absolutely proved you wrong this year?

I’ll start: MHJ

Made me look stupid to myself watching him every week. He’s honestly probably better than JSN btw.

Who’s a player who you thought was overrated/meh/bad that absolutely proved you wrong this year?

I’ll start: MHJ

Made me look stupid to myself watching him every week. He’s honestly probably better than JSN btw.

Should’ve made our bet for him and not JSN :smh:

I’d say for me it was Bo Nix. I thought he completely sucked (still) especially after their game against UGA. I don’t think he had a heisman like year but he played 100x better than I was expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom