OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
In and Out is fresher and their burgers are good. Don’t like that they don’t have mayonnaise there and not a fan of their spread/sauce. Fries are fresh but some of of the worst tasting in the business.

Whataburger isn’t as fresh, but they’re equally tasty to me. Their fries are a million times better though. Im not even a ketchup person, but Whataburger’s is unrivaled, especially the spicy ketchup.

Fam that compared Whataburger to Jack in the Box is straight trippin’.

Burger-to-burger I wouldn’t fault anyone for picking one over the other. Plus, I get cravings for both. Now I will judge you if you think In and Out’s fries are better. Again, they’re fresh, just not good. Don’t care how many slices of cheese, onions, or their spread/sauce you put over them or you call them Animal. 👎🏼

One of my favorite parts of traveling is eating burgers across the nation. And if anyone thinks Carl’s Jr is better than Hardee’s they need their head checked. It’s the same damn crap with slightly different packaging. Same with Rally’s and Checkers.

triple-h-disgusted.gif

In and Out is fresher and their burgers are good. Don’t like that they don’t have mayonnaise there and not a fan of their spread/sauce. Fries are fresh but some of of the worst tasting in the business.

Whataburger isn’t as fresh, but they’re equally tasty to me. Their fries are a million times better though. Im not even a ketchup person, but Whataburger’s is unrivaled, especially the spicy ketchup.

Fam that compared Whataburger to Jack in the Box is straight trippin’.

Burger-to-burger I wouldn’t fault anyone for picking one over the other. Plus, I get cravings for both. Now I will judge you if you think In and Out’s fries are better. Again, they’re fresh, just not good. Don’t care how many slices of cheese, onions, or their spread/sauce you put over them or you call them Animal. 👎🏼

One of my favorite parts of traveling is eating burgers across the nation. And if anyone thinks Carl’s Jr is better than Hardee’s they need their head checked. It’s the same damn crap with slightly different packaging. Same with Rally’s and Checkers.

triple-h-disgusted.gif

Where does Culver’s sit in your rankings?

Here's your quarterly reminder that in fact, yes, taste buds are subjective.

Can't believe yall ringing in the new year with this stupid debate again...getting a jump on the lull after Spring ball, apparently. :lol:

in n out >>>>

shake shack and five guys are not fast food...they better be better since its 2-3x the cost

Where does Culver’s sit in your rankings?

Good question. The first time I ever had Culver’s was coincidentally in January of ‘14, on my drive back from the National Championship Game, just North of Houston of all places. My brother got in big trouble in HS and my mother made him live with his dad in Illinois, so he was a huge Culver’s fan and rave would about. Anyway, we stopped there and I had it and I was really underwhelmed initially.

Fast forward 7 years when I was living in Savannah, I had a Culver’s about 10 mins away so I gave it another try and from there, it really started growing on me. That said, I’d put it in the Whataburger and In and Out tier. In most cases, most people’s opinions on what they like best are regional. That’s another burger I wouldn’t arguing if someone had that in their Top 3 for fast food burger. A double butter burger deluxe w/ bacon is solid and their pretzel bites when they’re fresh are 🤌🏼. Not too sure how it happened, but Culver’s seem to be sprouting up in Georgia and North Florida. I like that they’re always clean and new looking from the ones I’ve experienced.

Pivoting here, but fun fact. Another coincidence, when I lived in San Diego, we were having the In and Out / Whataburger debate, too, so I was looking for the closest Whataburger to us, which at the time was near Phoenix. That turned into me talking about kolaches, so I was curious where the closest Kolache Factory was because their jalapeño popper kolache is 🤌🏼🤌🏼🤌🏼. To my surprise there are 2 that are just SE and SW of Anaheim, so I’d swing part them on my way to the LA area. I figured it was a KF that wasn’t part of the chain and rather someone that used the same name, but it was the real deal. Anyway, my point is, if any of you Texans are in the LA area and want a kolache, know that there are a few Kolache Factories.

Shake shack

Good, but pricey. Also, if you have to sit wait and they give you a buzzer, I put them in a different category. For me, you need a drive-thru and they’re chop-chop with their service if I’m comparing on this topic. I was underwhelmed the first time I had Shake Shack, too, but they’re another place I came to really like once I figured out what to order. First go around, I think I had them in Santa Monica and it was a single burger and it was kinda sad. Once we had one open up next to me in San Diego, I’d go there pretty regularly.

Last edited:
Y’all got me pissed off that I woke up too late to get a couple of taquitos from Whataburger for breakfast.

And Shake Shack is on my bad list right now. They were out of hot dogs and cheese sauce last night, ended up having to eat that garbage Hot Ones chicken sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom