OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've heard multiple football writers now say that the OC's at Bama aren't running their own offenses, they're running a Bama playbook and have to learn it, that way the offense is consistent across coordinators.

Kiffin helped Saban create the modern playbook, and Sark added to it, and Obrien added some of his own stuff, but the verbiage and schemes and plays remain the same. This would explain why Texas did so well against Bama and would mean that Tommy Rees isn't going to be running his Notre Dame stuff as much as he is Bama's with some of his scheme and plays added in.

Does this change how people feel about Bill O'Brien's time there?
That was made clear when they hired BOB. He had to learn the Bama playbook.

Has Kevin Sumlin called plays since he got the Houston job? It’s literally been 15 years.

Is Raiola gonna end up at Nebraska now? His camp said the reason he flipped from OSU was due to them losing their OC and having a first time play caller (even though they said this before Kevin Wilson took the Tulsa job), just making sure that reason is valid ya know

Is Raiola gonna end up at Nebraska now? His camp said the reason he flipped from OSU was due to them losing their OC and having a first time play caller (even though they said this before Kevin Wilson took the Tulsa job), just making sure that reason is valid ya know

I could certainly see it. I think Todd Monken leaving Hertz UGA's chances for both Raiola and Duce Robinson.

I know it’s Bama but I’m still kind of surprised they’re that high. ? At QB, and they didn’t do much in the portal.

Michigan and USC should be high based off of what they return IMO

Bama, OSU, and UGA all have question marks at the most important position

I guess the question is who do you have over them? Lot of question marks on that list after them

Based on what Michigan has coming back, I feel pretty good about them being at 2, and while OSU is replacing Stroud, they are still talented enough to run through the rest of the division unscathed.

Rees was trash at ND, and this feels like the first time in a long time Bama doesn’t have at least one elite player at any of the skill positions. That offense has a ton of question marks.

Based on what Michigan has coming back, I feel pretty good about them being at 2, and while OSU is replacing Stroud, they are still talented enough to run through the rest of the division unscathed.

Rees was trash at ND, and this feels like the first time in a long time Bama doesn’t have at least one elite player at any of the skill positions. That offense has a ton of question marks.
fair, they lose a lot of returning production. There’s a lot of name brand recognition this far out and Saban is going to be given the benefit of the doubt. Think it would be hard for me to put OSU above Bama. We haven’t even seen flashes from a guy in their QB room yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom