OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEion Deion. Either he’s going to look like a genius or a complete fool after this experiment.

Either way, withholding tape seems pretty low.
I'm going to go on the side of him looking like a fool in this experiment. Just don't believe he can be successful at Colorado being the way he is.

5-7 in year 2? They’re not winning 5 games this year.

This isn’t how you build a college program

He's wildly overdone it and it's gonna take him about three weeks into the fall to realize it was a mistake.

You probably had a ton of kids you don't think you can win with... but there's also not going to be a ton of kids in the portal you can both win with AND get to Colorado over other alternatives they're going to have.

This should've been something that happened over the first 2-3 offseasons.

New coaches always need to be realistically aiming at Years 3 and 4 as their big booms - especially in jobs like Colorado.

1682550294180.jpeg

Prime was my guy back in the day but he is setting himself up for a razor thin margin. Admittedly he is who he is and he isn't about to change that but just like Dillon Brooks opening his mouth about 'Bron Bron if you gonna talk that talk you better be prepared to walk that walk. He is a couple of injuries away from a complete disaster because he has zero depth.

He is talking like a guy who has five Natty's under his belt and is returning a roster that is ready to win right now.

I saw Charlie Weis try and do the same thing except with juco kids. He came in talking noise about the current roster sucking and running off everyone he didn't believe belonged. All that was left was KU being in an absolute scholarship mess for the next decade and the overall program in shambles.
Not CFB related, but since you mentioned it…Dillon Brooks cracked me the hell up. Talking about “he didn’t score 40 on me, so he can’t talk.” ************, he scored his season average on you, you’re a season average *** defender. Take a breath in and stop puffing that chest.

5-7 in year 2? They’re not winning 5 games this year.

This isn’t how you build a college program

That’s the thing that I think gets lost in this whole situation. I don’t think he’s trying to build a program, I think he’s trying to maximize Colorado for 2-3 year (max) and get the hell out of there on the first major southern job that pops open.

Like I can easily see him angling for a job like Miss St in a couple years or Auburn once freeze gets canned for getting caught with 7 hookers in his school provided apt

That’s the thing that I think gets lost in this whole situation. I don’t think he’s trying to build a program, I think he’s trying to maximize Colorado for 2-3 year (max) and get the hell out of there on the first major southern job that pops open.

Like I can easily see him angling for a job like Miss St in a couple years or Auburn once freeze gets canned for getting caught with 7 hookers in his school provided apt
Or when Jimbo finally gets called on his ****

He's wildly overdone it and it's gonna take him about three weeks into the fall to realize it was a mistake.

You probably had a ton of kids you don't think you can win with... but there's also not going to be a ton of kids in the portal you can both win with AND get to Colorado over other alternatives they're going to have.

This should've been something that happened over the first 2-3 offseasons.

New coaches always need to be realistically aiming at Years 3 and 4 as their big booms - especially in jobs like Colorado.
You making the assumption Prime gonna be there in 3 seasons. If you think he not gonna bounce to a bigger job given the opportunity you fooling yourself. I supported Prime going to CU so he can ultimately land a job at one them power 5 schools in Florida.

justincredible7 justincredible7 to be fair, he wasn’t even a full-time HC. Got the interim tag then got canned as soon as the season clock hit the end. They’ve still never hired a black coach in a FT HC role.

Given all of the pomp and circumstance and SC being the Hollywood school, but wanting to actually bypass what that means for the historic Hollywood school…pretty hysterical. A&M and Texas both had a black scholarship player 4 years before USC did. And both have had a black HC before USC ever thought to make one an interim HC. But one guy wants to take shots at Texas schools.

Last edited:
Pretty crazy state although I do think he’s wrong. Didn’t that Gebbia kid start for Oregon State more than once a while back? Maybe nako xl nako xl knows. Not that he will be the starter anyway

Pretty crazy state although I do think he’s wrong. Didn’t that Gebbia kid start for Oregon State more than once a while back? Maybe nako xl nako xl knows. Not that he will be the starter anyway

Yes. Started at least a couple games then got hurt iirc...then fell off the face of the earth and I forgot about him until you posted his name. :lol:

gotta imagine he has some silent commits coming, right?
He does but they’re mostly kids who are sitting on the bench or looking for more playing time. Which is incredibly dumb.

I think he’s severely underestimating the difficulty in getting the worst program in a P5 to the point where that’s even a possibility for him in 2-3 years tbh.

I'm going to go on the side of him looking like a fool in this experiment. Just don't believe he can be successful at Colorado being the way he is.

Don’t disagree, but at the same time, I’d like to see what he’s fielded before I say “final answer”. I just hope those kids that he’s sold the dream to end up paying the consequences. At the same time, they’re legal adults, too, so there’s that also.

Let him go to an SEC school and have Saban and Kirby put up 50 on him repeatedly, those post game pressers would be epic

Yes. Started at least a couple games then got hurt iirc...then fell off the face of the earth and I forgot about him until you posted his name. :lol:

I was reading a bit about him and I believe he wants to go into coaching so he went to tOSU (had to abbreviate to show the difference lmao) knowing he’s probably never going to see the field but more so to learn under some of the coaches there

You making the assumption Prime gonna be there in 3 seasons. If you think he not gonna bounce to a bigger job given the opportunity you fooling yourself. I supported Prime going to CU so he can ultimately land a job at one them power 5 schools in Florida.
He ain’t gonna win enough to get one of those jobs on that tight a timeline with 50 scholarship kids at Colorado.

He ain’t gonna win enough to get one of those jobs on that tight a timeline with 50 scholarship kids at Colorado.
Marcellus Wiley is predicting CU to win 9 games this year.

Prime wins 9 games this year and go to a decent bowl you think P5 schools not gonna send fillers his way.

I thought they would go 3-9 but in second thought I do feel like 5-7 6-6 is likely. 4 wins should come from playing Stanford Cal and both Arizona schools. If the ball bounces their way they can get to 6-6.

Marcellus Wiley is predicting CU to win 9 games this year.

Prime wins 9 games this year and go to a decent bowl you think P5 schools not gonna send fillers his way.

I thought they would go 3-9 but in second thought I do feel like 5-7 6-6 is likely. 4 wins should come from playing Stanford Cal and both Arizona schools. If the ball bounces their way they can get to 6-6.
if Deion goes 3-9 this season then 6-6 next season he’s gonna be the next god getting paid $10MM/year to do nothing for 3-4 years for the next 4-5 years. He’s gonna get a get a second job then get that Tucker Carlson buyout to **** off but still get paid for multiple years after he ruins another team long-term.

Which is why I think he’s perfect to take over A&M from Jimbo in a couple years. We’ll buy into his *** being the Messiah after he takes Colorado to a 6-6 season fresh off of firing a natty winning coach. We’re such a glutton for punishment that we’ll buy into him being the guy.

I was reading a bit about him and I believe he wants to go into coaching so he went to tOSU (had to abbreviate to show the difference lmao) knowing he’s probably never going to see the field but more so to learn under some of the coaches there

Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom