OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to why Deion isn't allowing transfers to have access to their film. I can understand if there was sensitive material (play calls, scheme, adjustments) on it but they could easily have a GA chop and splice that up. Very odd.

Deion is going to have a long runway for failure but he better be careful about running everyone off. Charlie Weis tried to do the same thing at KU and it absolutely screwed our roster for about a decade.
Prime has always been an ego maniac... Served him well but also, at some point, will start to hurt you... Will be fun to watch how it plays out, good or bad

Cant see a Top 100 Ohio corner going to Michigan over Ohio State... Too much scar tissue from getting my hopes up on other guys over the years... I think Michigan corner recruiting will be the weak link in an otherwise very good class for 24

I wouldn’t be shocked. The Michigan defense has been a lot better than OSUs in recent memory and will probably put more players in the league as a result. OSUs was somewhat improved last year overall but collapsed in the two games it mattered most

nfl-deion.gif

He “ain’t hard 2 find” for any other coaches requesting tape

Bama been sniffing around Maalik Murphy, too.

And Texas fans got a whole *** thread talking about how he’d be stupid to leave because maybe Ewers will get hurt and miss time and he’ll get his shot. :lol:

Sports fans are so dumb.

I don’t want to hype him up too much just yet but Maalik Murphy can 100% go play somewhere else right now. Was really impressed with him in the Texas spring game.

I don’t want to hype him up too much just yet but Maalik Murphy can 100% go play somewhere else right now. Was really impressed with him in the Texas spring game.
Those spring games are set up to make QBs look good. The coaches situationally plan out the exact outcomes that they want. People need to stop reading so much into what they see (though it is more of a concern when QBs struggle despite facing vanilla defenses.)

Remember when Charlie Brewer transferred from Baylor to Utah and went 15 for 15 in the Utah spring game, then was complete *** come the regular season?

He’s gonna go 5-7 and bail to another open job because Hunter and the other kids are gonna declare for the draft and leave a crater in Boulder.
5-7 in year 2? They’re not winning 5 games this year.

This isn’t how you build a college program

5-7 in year 2? They’re not winning 5 games this year.

This isn’t how you build a college program

Something to consider: every kid Deion brings I will count against their scholly limit for the rest of their eligibility. So either he’s gonna take a flyer on about 70 HS freshmen and transfers (I think there are 15-16 incumbents currently barring more departures) some of whom at that volume will definitely be busts, or they’re going to leave room on the roster and play with about 60 something to 70 scholarship guys total next season which will have its own challenges.

I think he overdid it.

Something to consider: every kid Deion brings I will count against their scholly limit for the rest of their eligibility. So either he’s gonna take a flyer on about 70 HS freshmen and transfers (I think there are 15-16 incumbents currently barring more departures) or they’re going to leave room on the roster and play with about 60 something to 70 scholarship guys total next season which will have its own challenges.

I think he overdid it.
I think that cap is gone for new coaches. Lincoln took advantage of it himself

I think that cap is gone for new coaches. Lincoln took advantage of it himself
Naw I think we’re misunderstanding each other. The rule Lincoln took advantage of is that you can push as many current players out as you want and have them not count to your scholarship limit so long as you honor their academic scholarship as long as they’re enrolled in school. You can also bring in as many new players as you want.

But there’s still an 85 man limit and every incoming player you take on will count towards that 85 scholarship limit in perpetuity until they themselves transfer or run out of eligibility.

If you’re bringing in 70 NEW players in one class you better hope you hit on almost all of them because the ones who don’t are going to sit like a weight on your roster. No one is going to take a transfer FROM CU unless they can play, and those are kids that Deion won’t want to leave.

There’s not a limit on PORTAL additions, but the 30 initial counter limits on signees is still in place, right?

Or do I remember there being an addenda to that rule that you can backfill a number of portal departures with additional NLI signees?

There’s not a limit on PORTAL additions, but the 30 initial counter limits on signees is still in place, right?

Or do I remember there being an addenda to that rule that you can backfill a number of portal departures with additional NLI signees?
“ For the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years, the NCAA lifted the scholarship limits on classes and simply is allowing schools to sign as many players as it needs to reach the annual 85-scholarship limit.”
That was from an article on the Illinois 247 site.

Here’s an article from The Athletic on it.

Yea, I don’t even think those scholarships count towards the limit like they do previously. Which makes all of this even more chaotic

Yea, I don’t even think those scholarships count towards the limit like they do previously. Which makes all of this even more chaotic
There was initially some funny math with guys using their COVID year, but I think the NCAA is now counting those as actual scholarship counters unlike they did for the first year or two of that waiver. Might dive back into that this afternoon and go back through all the recent changes.

Him vocalizing some of this **** would TORCH other coaches if they said it.

Deion may carry enough weight on name recognition alone that parents and kids overlook it.

But he’s gotta shut up at some point and stop being a ***** for sound bytes.

It seems sleazy but this is the natural progression of the professionalization of college football. That being said, I'm not sure how I would feel if I were a parent of a prospect or current Colorado player.
Yea, his quotes will be used in court when the sham of amateurism comes crashing down :lol:

Him vocalizing some of this **** would TORCH other coaches if they said it.

Deion may carry enough weight on name recognition alone that parents and kids overlook it.

But he’s gotta shut up at some point and stop being a ***** for sound bytes.

He’s been an attention wh*re since day 1. Lots of talk for someone whos yet to coach a D1 game

Prime was my guy back in the day but he is setting himself up for a razor thin margin. Admittedly he is who he is and he isn't about to change that but just like Dillon Brooks opening his mouth about 'Bron Bron if you gonna talk that talk you better be prepared to walk that walk. He is a couple of injuries away from a complete disaster because he has zero depth.

He is talking like a guy who has five Natty's under his belt and is returning a roster that is ready to win right now.

I saw Charlie Weis try and do the same thing except with juco kids. He came in talking noise about the current roster sucking and running off everyone he didn't believe belonged. All that was left was KU being in an absolute scholarship mess for the next decade and the overall program in shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom