OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like one day people will learn that NFL teams really don’t care about things like that as much as people think. If it’s something blatant on film then sure but saying people have character issues isn’t going to kill their draft stock a lot. They’re in the position to pick good football players.

It only takes one but some teams do as evident with him being taken off some draft boards and him falling to 10 despite being the best player in the draft,

I doubt it’ll ever come out but I’m interested to know what it was. He could have easily shut it down last season and protected his draft stock but he came back and helped his team win another NC, and despite all that the UGA coaching staff is still trashing him.

😂😂😂

This is how coaching staffs try to claim a high draft picks.

"Our defensive backs coach was a graduate assistant at Georgia and he was around Nolan Smith and Jalen Carter"

😂😂😂

This is how coaching staffs try to claim a high draft picks.

"Our defensive backs coach was a graduate assistant at Georgia and he was around Nolan Smith and Jalen Carter"

As a fan base that still claims Zach Mettenberger and Justin Fields, y'all have some damn nerve.

As a fan base that still claims Zach Mettenberger and Justin Fields, y'all have some damn nerve.

What Georgia fan is trying to claim Fields? Also, I haven't heard Mettenberger's name in years. They're no UGA fans trying to claim him. You're just making stuff up now.

They’re going to be claiming Tyrique too after he said he couldn’t play corner AND he gets drafted higher than Ringo tonight :lol:

Trust me, Georgia has had enough draft picks to where we don't have to claim transfers. Stevenson couldn't play corner here so he transferred. It was a win-win for both parties. We got better corner play leading to back-to-back titles and Tyrique got to raise his draft stock.

For as good as he is, he led Miami to a 5-7 record and 80th ranked pass defense. You can keep him.

Trust me, Georgia has had enough draft picks to where we don't have to claim transfers. Stevenson couldn't play corner here so he transferred. It was a win-win for both parties. We got better corner play leading to back-to-back titles and Tyrique got to raise his draft stock.

For as good as he is, he led Miami to a 5-7 record and 80th ranked pass defense. You can keep him.
:lol: Don’t reframe a terrible argument to try and make it seem like you were right. Kirby lied to him about playing corner repeatedly to get him to stay — literally as soon as the semester after he early enrolled, so he finally transferred. He left AND boosted his draft stock. News flash — teams with bad records and stats have great players who get picked high every year! Novel concept.

He wasn’t good enough to play corner at UGA, but you claimed that he was pushing Campbell for snaps as soon as he got on campus and he was ballin as soon as he got on campus. Smart NFL coaches will use him like a Swiss Army knife and he’ll play both safety and corner. He absolutely was good enough to play corner on the college level. Stop letting your homerism blind you. And he’s going to go higher than bum *** Ringo too
Word on the street is that he is being "pushed" bye DJ Daniel and Tyrique Stephenson (all we've heard is that tyreke has been balling since the moment he got on campus); Eri Stokes is the entrenched starter at the other cornerback spot. Personally, I think that some of this is motivational in order to push Tyson. I think he'll be the starter in our base defense for the first game of the season but I'm glad he's being pushed and he's not just being handed the job because he was a five-star last year. The competition is only gonna get tougher, I think we have a good shot at Ringo and he'll be pushing to start day one too if he comes.

This is why I don't understand the complains about players being "recruited over". Just because a program has good defensive backs doesn't mean they'll stop recruiting other good DBs, Ohio State is never gonna say 'we already have really good receivers, lets stop recruiting other ones'. Top programs are always recruiting the best players, regardless of who's already on their roster.

:lol: Don’t reframe a terrible argument to try and make it seem like you were right. Kirby lied to him about playing corner repeatedly to get him to stay — literally as soon as the semester after he early enrolled, so he finally transferred. He left AND boosted his draft stock. News flash — teams with bad records and stats have great players who get picked high every year! Novel concept.

He wasn’t good enough to play corner at UGA, but you claimed that he was pushing Campbell for snaps as soon as he got on campus and he was ballin as soon as he got on campus. Smart NFL coaches will use him like a Swiss Army knife and he’ll play both safety and corner. He absolutely was good enough to play corner on the college level. Stop letting your homerism blind you. And he’s going to go higher than bum *** Ringo too

3TnA.gif

How is this some type of "gotcha?" You're comparing statements I made before the 2019 season to what we saw after the 2020 season. He was pushing Campbell before the 2019 season but after seeing him in the 2019 and 2020 season, itn came clear he couldn't play corner at Georgia.

He wasn't going to play some hybrid corner/safety role here at Georgia because We have talented players at both corner and safety. Maybe he can be a jack of all trades for the program like Miami. Also, you can't argue with the results at Georgia seeing as we've won back-to-back championships in Miami can't make a bowl game.

Also, this isn't some type of indictment on Stevenson. Similar to Jermaine Johnson, Stevenson is a talented player who transferred because he didn't like his playing time/role, which I totally understand. You are the one who brought up Stevenson and like to have this conversation over and over.

Last edited:
How is this some type of "gotcha?" You're comparing statements I made before the 2019 season to what we saw after the 2020 season. He was pushing Campbell before the 2019 season but after seeing him in the 2019 and 2020 season, itn came clear he couldn't play corner at Georgia.

He wasn't going to play some hybrid corner/safety role here at Georgia because We have talented players at both corner and safety. Maybe he can be a jack of all trades for the program like Miami. Also, you can't argue with the results at Georgia seeing as we've won back-to-back championships in Miami can't make a bowl game.

Also, this isn't some type of indictment on Stevenson. Similar to Jermaine Johnson, Stevenson is a talented player who transferred because he didn't like his playing time/role, which I totally understand. You are the one who brought up Stevenson and like to have this conversation over and over.
It’s dumb to keep going back and forth but you’re full of **** and not knowing what you’re talking about, per usual. He played corner at Miami not “Jack of all trades”. He’s versatile to do both in the league. Who is arguing with results? :lol: My focus has been on you saying dumb **** and spewing Kirby talking points. But I digress

It’s crazy to me that the first two corners taken from the Pac 12 (one top 10, the other 3rd round) were the starting duo from Colorado’s 2021 team.

Karl Dorrell, what we’re you doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom