OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question is the backup RG for IU worth $500?

The only guys who have an incentive to boycott are the top 1 percent of guys, many of who are going to probably get broken off individually to promote it.

Exactly. Your options are: You can have your name and likeness in the game (which is pretty cool in and of itself, something to tell your kids about later) and to get $500 you didn't have to work for or you can be RG #76 without $500 and no one will miss it"

Always dope seeing your friends kids succeed.

Still hoping he goes to SC but we will see

FB_IMG_1686149924662.jpg

His dad served with me in the Navy. Me and him will both be retiring soon.
Would love to see SC take two QBs that class. His cycle is loaded. Think he’d come if we bring in Cole Leinart too?

Every kid should opt out on that EA deal until they get a better deal.

We've been thriving off roster edit saves for years anyway
They probably won’t get a MUCH better deal sadly. That $500 has been floating for a decade as a fair amount and considering the sheer number of players there are it probably won’t increase too much given more time. If they think they neither need nor want the money then yeah hold out for another zero on the end.

That's the whole point though. None of these players have leverage, it's either take the $500 or players will just edit the rosters like they've been doing for a decade. 99.9% of these kids have no leverage.

The backup linebacker for Miami of Ohio is holding out for more money? Okay, you're just going to be "LB #55" and someone online will give me your actual name and attributes the same day the game comes out.

Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison Jr, Brock Bowers and a handful of other guys actually move the needle. Everyone else should just take the money, a better deal isn't coming and, as you said, fans will just edit the rosters anyway. anyway.
Brock bowers doesn’t move the needle fam 😂

Same way as good as Kelce and Kittle etc are, Gronk is the only TE you ever see in commercials.

It’s not about how good you are. It’s about how marketable you are. Most people, even in here, wouldn’t recognize Brock Bowers if they bumped into him at a football stadium.

Would love to see SC take two QBs that class. His cycle is loaded. Think he’d come if we bring in Cole Leinart too?

His dad wants him at SC. He will be retired once he does head to college to while staying in Cali works for them if the best deal is out of state, I'm sure they will roll.

It feels like in the SEC tho you have more “they’re not actually a rival” arguments than you do in the B1G for that to be feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom