OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

So much for "Western pod" and "They're going to take Oregon because USC needs a travel partner!!"

I kind of feel bad for UDub. Not Oregon though. I wonder what will happen to them once Phil goes. I just want this realignment stuff to end. Big 12/PAC-12 realignment twitter is a mess :lol:

I kind of feel bad for UDub. Not Oregon though. I wonder what will happen to them once Phil goes. I just want this realignment stuff to end. Big 12/PAC-12 realignment twitter is a mess :lol:
It's all Dennis Dodd and Bret McMurphy reposting whatever ******** Yormark feeds them.

Kevin Mashack fired...

PRAISE THE FOOTBALL GODS!

But also -- why the hell just now? Been obvious for a full calendar year and you wait til official visit season is in full swing?

Jimbo blows.

Kevin Mashack fired...

PRAISE THE FOOTBALL GODS!

But also -- why the hell just now? Been obvious for a full calendar year and you wait til official visit season is in full swing?

Jimbo blows.
Who’s that

Do you guys think Deion is telling the truth on this one or do you think he's exaggerating? I'm not sure that Colorado could match a $1.5 million offer. Maybe Coach Prime has Travis drinking the Kool-Aid so much so that he would turn down big bucks from a better program.

Do you guys think Deion is telling the truth on this one or do you think he's exaggerating? I'm not sure that Colorado could match a $1.5 million offer. Maybe Coach Prime has Travis drinking the Kool-Aid so much so that he would turn down big bucks from a better program.

I think these million dollar numbers are ******** (the actual number for Bear Alexander was about $250k for example) but I do believe Hunter turned down up front NIL money to go to CU, yes.

The way Deion is marketing things, I believe in the end it was a smarter business decision to go to that Boulder hype machine than it would have been to be another face in the crowd at Georgia or Bama. No one besides die hard CFB fans remembers the names of the guys at those schools for football reasons. They get paid in the draft and NFL for sure, but if your goal is something outside that...

I think these million dollar numbers are bull**** (the actual number for Bear Alexander was about $250k for example) but I do believe Hunter turned down up front NIL money to go to CU, yes.

The way Deion is marketing things, I believe in the end it was a smarter business decision to go to that Boulder hype machine than it would have been to be another face in the crowd at Georgia or Bama. No one besides die hard CFB fans remembers the names of the guys at those schools for football reasons. They get paid in the draft and NFL for sure, but if your goal is something outside that...

I guess. I think its going to get interesting when it's no longer hype in Colorado ends up being a 3 or 4 win team. Would you rather be the best player on a Colorado team that is objectively bad or would you rather be equally good player on Bama, OSU or Georgia and making an impact in meaningful football games? Deion himself made his name playing for stacked Florida State teams who we're playing for championships.

Who knows, maybe Deion will turn Travis into some marketing machine but it's hard to be a marketing machine at the collegiate level if you're not competing at a high level. I'm sure things will work out for Travis, he's likely going to be a first round pick regardless of where he goes to school, but if it were me I would rather take the $1M in NIL money, play for a better program closer to home and play in meaningful, highly viewed football games.

#shouldhavewenttoGeorgia 🤷🏿‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom