OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lad - the good life :nthat::nthat:

EYE am proud of ALL of NT
Only a couple of texts in the guys group chat and one to N41D N41D :lol: No A&M message board posts (extremely few of those these days anyways). Just put the phone on airplane mode and drank a few more sangrias and gin tonics.

I mean they should have beat Oregon State who you were speaking highly of. They pretty much had that game.
For sure, but why is he doing multiple interviews yapping. I get manufacturing disrespect to give yourself that extra edge you need to get up for the game but he’s also saying it to every reporter he speaks to this week and it feels fake.

I had Fresno as one of our 4 possible losses in the pre-season (Fresno, Oregon State, Utah, Notre Dame) but he needs to ****.

Disclaimer for the below: it’s legal to be topless in public in Utah (nationwide really but that’s another topic)

Only a couple of texts in the guys group chat and one to N41D N41D :lol: No A&M message board posts (extremely few of those these days anyways). Just put the phone on airplane mode and drank a few more sangrias and gin tonics.

Atta boy - keep enjoying Espana and the 👀👀

It's possible but I doubt it. Oregon State is a legitimate good top 25 team. Voters just don't watch them play or they'd be ranked. I think they're the second best team on our schedule (better than Notre Dame.)

Who else liked them going into the season 👀👀 🤔😉

B1G East 14-0
SEC West 12-2
ACC Atlantic 12-2 (not counting games against itself)

Pretty good starts for those divisions so far. Granted the opponents haven’t been the toughest so far but that’s how CFB always starts. I’m surprised to see Indiana at 2-0 after their season last year. I don’t think they won a single B1G game

Illinois basically handed them a W, and they were down 10-0 to a really bad Idaho State team at the half. I think they’ll win 1-2 more games but that’s it.

WKU
@ Cincy
@ Nebraska
Michigan
Maryland
@ Rutgers
Penn State
@ Ohio State
@ Michigan State
Purdue

Illinois basically handed them a W, and they were down 10-0 to a really bad Idaho State team at the half. I think they’ll win 1-2 more games but that’s it.

WKU
@ Cincy
@ Nebraska
Michigan
Maryland
@ Rutgers
Penn State
@ Ohio State
@ Michigan State
Purdue

Still can’t believe Illinois lost that game :smh:

That overturned TD was huge and Bielema also made some bad decisions late in the game

Big 10 West might be in for a long season

Yeah other than Minnesota they’re looking real shaky right now. Minnesota has looked impressive against lesser teams but still taking care of business like they should. I don’t think the west has won the B1G title game since they formed the new divisions (right after legends and leaders). I’m hoping when USC/UCLA come they shake up the divisions a bit.

Yeah other than Minnesota they’re looking real shaky right now. Minnesota has looked impressive against lesser teams but still taking care of business like they should. I don’t think the west has won the B1G title game since they formed the new divisions (right after legends and leaders). I’m hoping when USC/UCLA come they shake up the divisions a bit.
Yep, 8-0 for the East :lol:

From all reports up here it sounds like B1G is going to go to one 16 team division and the two best teams play for title.

Makes sense, but also would have been interesting to in those meetings when 70% of the league has little to no chance now of ever playing in a title game (and coaches getting raises) when currently all you gotta do is be the best of a 7 team division. Minnesota is a perfect example of that, PJ Fleck gets a new contract each year the team is "in contention" among 7 teams in the West title picture. B1G moves to one 16-team conference the Minnesota Gophers have zero chance and zero scenarios to sell.

Hearing rumors that the B1G told UW and Oregon thanks but no thanks?

Why leave USC and UCLA on an island? Wonder where Cal and Stanford stand….

Hearing rumors that the B1G told UW and Oregon thanks but no thanks?

Why leave USC and UCLA on an island? Wonder where Cal and Stanford stand….

To me it doesn’t seem like they add much as far as market goes (since that’s what matters in all of this). The B1G essentially got the biggest markets in the west with USC/UCLA based on location. I guess UW might have a decent market, I’m sure nako xl nako xl knows what Oregon and them would bring better than me. I figured the B1G would want to get into the south eastern market next. But I do agree that they need more west teams for USC/UCLA

Last edited:
UW has I believe a top 5 market - it would make no sense to not allow them - Oregon has been a top 10 team the last 10 years or so - academics are solid at UW (I know Oregon trails a bit there but probably similar to the lower ranked B10 schools).

To me it doesn’t seem like they add much as far as market goes (since that’s what matters in all of this). The B1G essentially got the biggest markets in the west with USC/UCLA based on location. I guess UW might have a decent market, I’m sure nako xl nako xl knows what Oregon and them would bring better than me. I figured the B1G would want to get into the south eastern market next. But I do agree that they need more west teams for USC/UCLA

Yeah Seattle-Tacoma is the #12 TV market in the US. Portland is #21. Still feel like there’s some value in taking both especially to fill the late night spots with one of the networks although I’m sure they would rather take Cal and/or Stanford to lock up the Bay Area and for the academic prestige. Only risk with Oregon is what could happen to the program once Phil is gone.

You would think UW checks all the boxes.

UW has I believe a top 5 market - it would make no sense to not allow them - Oregon has been a top 10 team the last 10 years or so - academics are solid at UW (I know Oregon trails a bit there but probably similar to the lower ranked B10 schools).
Seattle's not a top 10 market.

Portland isn't even top 20. Eugene also isn't even really Portland, it's 2 hours south. It's like calling Philly, the NY market, but let's just say UO's market is Por for the purposes of this.

True, Oregon has finished in the top 10 of the polls 4x in the past 10 years, but so has TCU.

Yeah Seattle-Tacoma is the #12 TV market in the US. Portland is #21. Still feel like there’s some value in taking both especially to fill the late night spots with one of the networks although I’m sure they would rather take Cal and/or Stanford to lock up the Bay Area and for the academic prestige. Only risk with Oregon is what could happen to the program once Phil is gone.

You would think UW checks all the boxes.

USC doesn't want Oregon in the conference. The B1G are looking at Stanford - USC's oldest rival and a historic rival of ND's.

To your last point, that athletic department dies when Phil goes. And they don't have the academics to bolster them.

Big10 is foolish if they take Stanford/Cal over Oregon/UW plain and simple. Only thing they bring is better academics - who in the Bay cares about football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom