OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
nako xl nako xl nah Portland is an hour 45 minutes mate.
So 2 hours...

Big10 is foolish if they take Stanford/Cal over Oregon/UW plain and simple. Only thing they bring is better academics - who in the Bay cares about football?

There's equations and algorithms to the decision making. USC and UCLA added money to the pot and increased how much each school in the conference got paid out. Oregon specifically would add nothing monetarily and decrease the yearly pay out to each school. Sure, it would give the conference an additional competitive football team, and potential playoff contender, but that would just mean all the other schools' chances would get worse.

So they'd be paying some other school to come in and beat them? Why would they want that?

Also, USC doesn't want Oregon. They also hate the rest of Pac 10 because of what they did to them during sanctions and the pac 12's formation. They'd condone Stanford for tradition and academic reasons but they want nothing to do with the rest of the schools. Cal included.

Last edited:
I know Oregon has had a nice run lately but competition means very little if anything when adding teams (see Rutgers and Maryland). It seems the top priority is the money a school will bring and then academics come next. I assume the next target will be the Southeast market or Texas (haven’t there been rumblings about TCU or Texas Tech?). Once the ACC deal runs out I can see the SEC/B1G trying to raid their heavy hitters next

I know Oregon has had a nice run lately but competition means very little if anything when adding teams (see Rutgers and Maryland). It seems the top priority is the money a school will bring and then academics come next. I assume the next target will be the Southeast market or Texas (haven’t there been rumblings about TCU or Texas Tech?). Once the ACC deal runs out I can see the SEC/B1G trying to raid their heavy hitters next

TCU has a very small alumni base and little to no following in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, even smaller than SMU. Texas Tech isn’t an academic fit.

I know it’s all about markets but I don’t think TCU works

TCU has a very small alumni base and little to no following in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, even smaller than SMU. Texas Tech isn’t an academic fit.

Nobody that didn't go to TCU cares about TCU. And you're right, very small.

They'd be better off with Baylor, honestly, but even Baylor is kind of a fringy academic fit.

Oh yeah isn’t it Tech that has the big alumni base but academics aren’t up there? I know one of the Texas schools they mentioned was in that predicament

Nobody that didn't go to TCU cares about TCU. And you're right, very small.

They'd be better off with Baylor, honestly, but even Baylor is kind of a fringy academic fit.

Baylor is a similar ranking of MSU/PSU/IOWA and I think ahead of TCU actually - but yeah I get it

I just can’t see a scenario where Oregon gets left out in the cold when all of this realignment stuff is done. They will eventually be in the B1G. Maybe the B1G goes to 24 down the road…Oregon will have a home. They aren’t Oregon State or WSU.

Is it bad I have no idea who that is?

Most importantly for this thread's purposes, he was the president of Baylor during their sexual assault scandal and cover up.

The rest of his resume:

Independent counsel in the 90s who investigated the Clintons for abusing power and pressuring people into providing illegal loans. Dropped the "Starr Report" in '96 which detailed alleged sexual misconduct and perjury by Bill (alleged he lied about having sexual relations with monica lewinsky) and detailed grounds for Bill's impeachment because of that.

Represented supporters of a California law seeking to outlaw gay marriage.

Was also the lawyer who defended Jeffrey Epstein in his statutory rape case and defended Trump through HIS impeachment trial, glaring hypocrisy be damned.

Looking at this week’s schedule, why the hell is Miami v. TAMU at 9pm and SC v. Fresno at 10:30??

8B8487A0-015A-4D58-A660-0C131391F16F.jpeg

93CD965D-5C45-4670-9DE5-8B81BDEE6495.gif

For television? I like interesting games late at night though… maybe I’m in the minority.
Well those games kick off at 7pm and 8:30 for you so it's convenient :lol: Having two matchups with essentially top 25 teams kicking off after most of these old east coast fogies go to bed makes no sense.

No one is going to watch the second half of that Miami/TAMU game or any of SC/Fresno.

Well those games kick off at 7pm and 8:30 for you so it's convenient :lol: Having two matchups with essentially top 25 teams kicking off after most of these old east coast fogies go to bed makes no sense.

No one is going to watch the second half of that Miami/TAMU game or any of SC/Fresno.
*** to Mouth blew their chance of having college gameday there when they lost to App St

Don't know if any of you guys have Directv but they have been playing games in 4k and man the difference is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom