OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s well known Jimbo is probably one of the best recruiters but at the same time an average/slightly above average coach

4 big 12 teams and no Oklahoma or Texas to be seen :lol:

Those LA programs are looking like the better conference additions rn

Crazy to say it but the B1G is probably the worst conference top to bottom right now. Besides Michigan and OSU (I am not convinced Penn State is for real) the rest of the conference is super mid

It’s well known Jimbo is probably one of the best recruiters but at the same time an average/slightly above average coach

I see a lot of parallels between Jimbo Fisher and Mario Cristobal. Elite recruiters and great program builders but mediocre in-game coaches who cannot maximize their talent.

Both of whom are very overrated and rarely translate their great program building into actual wins on the field. Where would these guys be without Jameis Winston and Justin Herbert?

You guys used to clown on Georgia for years, and you guys can't take a light ribbing every now and then? I crack on everybody pretty evenly. The Aggies just give me a lot of material.

I don't dislike Texas A&M (although I did serve In the military with some Corp of cadet grads who were complete weirdos). I just think Jimbo is a clown

Crazy to say it but the B1G is probably the worst conference top to bottom right now. Besides Michigan and OSU (I am not convinced Penn State is for real) the rest of the conference is super mid
I think Penn State beats Michigan

They’ll be coming off a bye, but they haven’t exactly looked great so far, and the same problems they had last year are still there. They remind me of Maryland, talent at some places, obvious holes at others.

I was iffy on that game but I think Michigan is finally finding a pass rush. Okie is coming on, and there doing a better job of moving Morris around.

You think? I haven’t watched much PSU but they haven’t looked super impressive against anyone. Then again Michigan hasn’t been super hot now that they’re in B1G play. Both still winning though

Nah those 2 being at the top alone saves y’all. It’s definitely the Big 12 or ACC

I see a lot of parallels between Jimbo Fisher and Mario Cristobal. Elite recruiters and great program builders but mediocre in-game coaches who cannot maximize their talent.

Both of whom are very overrated and rarely translate their great program building into actual wins on the field. Where would these guys be without Jameis Winston and Justin Herbert?
LOL. I know you feeling yourself post-natty but people would be talking very similarly about Kirby prior to last season. Mario has also never coached half as much talent as Kirby OR Jimbo.

atlsfinest atlsfinest has such a hardon for A&M. It’s kinda funny how obsessed you are when your team just won a title.
He really feeling himself this year. :lol: Takes are getting even worse than before too :lol:. Georgia barely won a title last year with one of the most talented teams in recent history. Settle down their cowboy.

Nah those 2 being at the top alone saves y’all. It’s definitely the Big 12 or ACC

I just feel the B1Gs bottom teams are BAD BAD and the middle teams aren’t very good. B12 got a few good teams but then again I forget Oklahoma and Texas are both garbage so far

LOL. I know you feeling yourself post-natty but people would be talking very similarly about Kirby prior to last season. Mario has also never coached half as much talent as Kirby OR Jimbo.
Were they? Win or lose last season, Kirby would have had five consecutive top six finishes. Jimbo and Mario were never that consistent, despite playing in weaker conferences.

He really feeling himself this year. :lol: Takes are getting even worse than before too :lol:. Georgia barely won a title last year with one of the most talented teams in recent history. Settle down their cowboy.

I don't even know what barely winning a national championship means. You either win or you don't. Does everyone who plays a close national title game "barely win?" 😂 (Not to mention we won by 15)

How are they one of the most talented teams in history when they weren't even the most talented team in CFB last season? 🤔

Screenshot_20221002-200327.png

Kirby has recruited on higher levels than Mario and Jimbo to this point (Jimbo’s insanely elite TAMU classes are underclassmen). Let’s not at like there wasn’t chatter about possibilities if Kirby didn’t get it done last year — you can point to the composite if that’s convenient for you right now, but any other time you’d be bragging about the draft picks. Don’t we look back at teams and judge how much a talent a team had based on that, instead of the composite? Nobody is looking at the old Miami, SC, Texas etc teams and bragging on the composite.

Y’all lose that game if Bama’s WR corps isn’t decimated and they’re not playing a bunch of true frosh, but really neither here nor there. Y’all won the title. This analysis from you is just hilarious all things considered. Kirby still has major warts as a HC, but you had an all-time talented defense that was able to win in spite of his insistence to play a very mid QB (who you were in here trying to gas up for Heisman just a week ago :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom