OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of dopes around Michigan were hoping for Cal and Stanford for what they bring “academically”… so blind to the fact this is to squeeze as much money from this rock as possible… I respect it but couldn’t care less either way… Just hope when it comes time to make bank on the next TV deal, the players get a share
I mean that would secure the Bay Area/NorCal TV market as well. Not far fetched for them to get in eventually

They should merge with the Mountain West, but Stanford and Cal are too elitist to be associated with the likes of Boise State and Fresno State.

with how piss poor Cal’s recruitment has been since the 2010s, going to the mountain west made a lot of sense for them competitively. they were never going to challenge USC, Oregon and Washington consistently

Arizona in the B12…….I absolutely hate it. The LA schools and UW/UO made out like bandits and left the rest of us to loiter

Can’t wait for the realignment to fail which it will for average teams and programs. Can’t wait for da Wambulance

USC leaves and a year later the conference is dead. :lol:

It's always been the PAC 1. SC and a bunch of trash.

Can’t wait for the realignment to fail which it will for average teams and programs. Can’t wait for da Wambulance
Bound to fail regardless for the middle and lower class. Minus whale get in where you fit in until the crash happens

IMG_2930.jpeg

nako xl nako xl

To be somewhat fair, I think the pac12 sinking ship happened more rapidly than expected once Colorado dipped out, which made other teams scramble and the Big 10/12 jumped in instead of delaying the inevitable. That's kinda what it feels like, but it also seems that nako read through a confirmation bias lens that held USC in the highest regard and that no other teams were as worthy as USC to be included, which was always a bit funny.

Under the 2022 B1G deal, at the time Oregon and UW weren’t making it into the conference. They asked and were rejected because they would have cost every team about $10M to add. Also, one of the motivating factors behind USC leaving and taking UCLA was locking Oregon out of LA.

But also because **** them.

It couldn’t have been predicted JUST how badly Kliavkoff would **** up the pac deal. The revenue projections they gave this week were smaller than they were told they’d be in 2013. @651 made a joke but I told you guys three weeks ago there was already a pac 12 deal done and it sucked and wouldn’t go over well.

It also was a surprise that Fox (rumored) offered the B1G to front an $100M if they would allow Oregon and UW to join. There’s a bunch of other boring minutiae like USC not currently having an athletics director at the table and the 2 USC ADs who masterminded the whole B1G move and PAC collapse being gone but meh.

Last edited:
But yeah an accurate representation of when I learned they let those ****s in:

IMG_2951.jpeg

Wish you were here! 👋
Makes the settlement with the California Board of Regents an even bigger joke. Cal should’ve been looking out for Number 1 and tried to negotiate with the Big 12 as soon as UCLA and USC left. Oregon should’ve done the same thing. When CU which has been a train wreck most of life day the writing on the wall why couldn’t they?

Under the 2022 B1G deal, at the time Oregon and UW weren’t making it into the conference. They asked and were rejected because they would have cost every team about $10M to add. Also, one of the motivating factors behind USC leaving and taking UCLA was locking Oregon out of LA.

But also because **** them.

It couldn’t have been predicted JUST how badly Kliavkoff would **** up the pac deal. The revenue projections they gave this week were smaller than they were told they’d be in 2013. @651 made a joke but I told you guys three weeks ago there was already a pac 12 deal done and it sucked and wouldn’t go over well.

It also was a surprise that Fox (rumored) offered the B1G to front an $100M if they would allow Oregon and UW to join. There’s a bunch of other boring minutiae like USC not currently having an athletics director at the table and the 2 USC ADs who masterminded the whole B1G move and PAC collapse being gone but meh.

LA recruits going elsewhere and having to bolt to the B1G to secure recruits because Oregon is "stealing" them sounds to me like a USC/UCLA problem - but mostly USC. No doubt the TV money was a driving influence, but why USC fans/alumni and the like think the B1G owes them anything or making such promises as to not including Oregon (and UW) is amusing to me. Held themselves in such high regard, they actually thought that the conference that threw them a lifeline, would actually stay true to a promise made to a program they didnt really need. USC needed the B1G more than B1G needed USC. I understand there's probably more than meets the eye, but overall, the petulant reaction of the USC base is hilarious, because again, while I think USC is a top historical program, when compared nationally, they're not as special as USC people seem to think they are. A smack to their arrogance is delightful. :lol:

Last edited:
Oregon smart playing the slow dime. When that new contract comes, depending on the SECs deal, they’ll be in the richest or second richest conference
If the next TV deal is anything more than 5-7 years from now that’s a risky bet, cuz this won’t be the last conference shake up….The last min scramble squads could find themselves in a same situation :lol:

Last edited:
To be honest if USC can’t out recruit Oregon under Lincoln then they don’t deserve to win anything. I recall nako xl nako xl telling us that Utah had more talent than USC so perhaps it’s not the talent but the terrible defense

Last edited:
LA recruits going elsewhere and having to bolt to the B1G to secure recruits because Oregon is "stealing" them sounds to me like a USC/UCLA problem - but mostly USC. No doubt the TV money was a driving influence, but why USC fans/alumni and the like think the B1G owes them anything or making such promises as to not including Oregon (and UW) is amusing to me. Held themselves in such high regard, they actually thought that the conference that threw them a lifeline, would actually stay true to a promise made to a program they didnt really need. USC needed the B1G more than B1G needed USC. I understand there's probably more than meets the eye, but overall, the petulant reaction of the USC base is hilarious, because again, while I think USC is a top historical program, when compared nationally, they're not as special as USC people seem to think they are. A smack to their arrogance is delightful. :lol:
USC didn’t need a B1G lifeline. If UW had called the SEC on Monday would they have taken them? Would they have taken Oregon?

What if it was USC calling?

To be honest if USC can’t out recruit Oregon under Lincoln than they don’t deserve to win anything. I recall nako xl nako xl telling us that Utah had more talent than USC so perhaps it’s not the talent but the terrible defense
You’re absolutely right. But you’re mischaracterizing what I meant.

Utah’s roster last year was overall better than a USC roster that went through 7 years of clay Helton. PARTICULARLY on defense. We had one guy on our D line that would have started for Utah. We only had two DBs and 1 LB that would have started there.

That’s the problem.

But to be clear, ain’t nobody scared of Oregon. We just don’t like them and wanted to see them to rot in the conference they wanted.

atlsfinest atlsfinest Y'all gonna land KJ Bolden tonight?

Seems like it's been a back and forth battle for months now. Georgia was in the lead for a while, then Ohio State, then Georgia was in the driver's seat again and now Florida State and Auburn are in it. According to Steve Wilfong it seems like FSU might be the pick.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I've seen so many schools feel so good about their opportunity to sign a prospect. Either none of these writers have a good read on things or KJ's team is telling everyone what they want to hear.

I hope Georgia gets him but we don't need him as badly as Florida State or Auburn. We'll see

USC didn’t need a B1G lifeline. If UW had called the SEC on Monday would they have taken them? Would they have taken Oregon?

What if it was USC calling?

You’re absolutely right. But you’re mischaracterizing what I meant.

Utah’s roster last year was overall better than a USC roster that went through 7 years of clay Helton. PARTICULARLY on defense. We had one guy on our D line that would have started for Utah. We only had two DBs and 1 LB that would have started there.

That’s the problem.

But to be clear, ain’t nobody scared of Oregon. We just don’t like them and wanted to see them to rot in the conference they wanted.
I feel you on wanting to see a team rot. I wish that for and against every team. You are a great person and I love your posts but are we to believe Utah attracting transfers and old dudes coming off their Mormon mission were better than a Blue Blood like USC? I saw a huge disparity in coaching in those games between USC and Utah. USC couldn’t tackle and the scheme was absolute trash, yet they brought back the same DC hoping UGA leftovers will save the defense. Coaching does wonders.

Back
Top Bottom