OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Deion once messaged a person I know of out of the blue unsolicited because he heard about a charity he worked with and wanted to give a ton of money.

During that 07-12 period you talked about, Deion also ran scam high schools in Texas, ****ed a bunch of high school kids over hurting their college prospects, embezzled federal funds, and literally did not even give the kids school lunch.

People can be layered and full of grey areas.
Literally this. You can’t claim “nothing about him says” X when you don’t know the very obvious things about him that does say those things :lol:

It’s hard to have these conversations because I truly understand why people want Prime to symbolize all of these things. I really do. But just because he means that to you doesn’t mean you can strip history from the discussion and make it devoid of all the nuance that it deserves.

Teammates calling him “Dad” and rocking with him is great. But it doesn’t have nothing to do with the price of tea in China

Yeah Deion definitely got some grifter in him.

You could argue that's pretty much every major coach at every level of football.

The Prime Prep stuff was... gross.
And I agree with that. Is he any more of a grifter than Dabo? Urban? Probably not. But the people eating this up largely aren’t acknowledging that. It’s being consumed as something completely different

Yeah Deion definitely got some grifter in him.

You could argue that's pretty much every major coach at every level of football.

The Prime Prep stuff was... gross.
So here’s my thing. I was arguing with someone when I said Deion is definitely selfish and gave examples why, like dipping on JSU and how he hazed the existing Colorado roster into the portal, and my friend was like “but that’s every coach.”

I was like “yes! That’s the point! He’s not uniquely altruistic. We’ll acknowledge when Urban or Dabo pull some **** but act dumb if it’s Deion?”

NickFolarin NickFolarin

hes-back-wedding-crashers.gif
Saban wild lol

I get he played the best, but to say he’s the starter for the rest of the year is a stretch

And I agree with that. Is he any more of a grifter than Dabo? Urban? Probably not. But the people eating this up largely aren’t acknowledging that. It’s being consumed as something completely different

So here’s my thing. I was arguing with someone when I said Deion is definitely selfish and gave examples why, like dipping on JSU and how he hazed the existing Colorado roster into the portal, and my friend was like “but that’s every coach.”

I was like “yes! That’s the point! He’s not uniquely altruistic. We’ll acknowledge when Urban or Dabo pull some **** but act dumb if it’s Deion?”
Then: LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

Now: CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY'RE WEAPONIZING THE JUSTICE SYSTEM AGAINST POLITICAL OPPONENTS?!

:lol: :lol:

Literally this. You can’t claim “nothing about him says” X when you don’t know the very obvious things about him that does say those things :lol:

It’s hard to have these conversations because I truly understand why people want Prime to symbolize all of these things. I really do. But just because he means that to you doesn’t mean you can strip history from the discussion and make it devoid of all the nuance that it deserves.

Teammates calling him “Dad” and rocking with him is great. But it doesn’t have nothing to do with the price of tea in China
It does have to do with you saying he all about himself when that is false. We get it some people don't like him for whatever reason but that's cap.

And Devin Hester wasn't his teammate he mentored him and a lot other players.

It does have to do with you saying he all about himself when that is false. We get it some people don't like him for whatever reason but that's cap.

And Devin Hester wasn't his teammate he mentored him and a lot other players.
You got it man. You’re a Deion Stan and he can do no wrong. You conveniently ignored his sham prep school scandal and responded only to teammates and other players liking him.

Like I said, there are nuanced conversations to be had that a lot of the newfound Deion CFB crew just isn’t willing to even begin to discuss in good faith.

Back
Top Bottom