OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Based on the talent at hand I don’t think it’s going to be any better at MSU next year. They made a great hire, but it’s going to take some time rebuild the roster.

He should go to Oregon if that bridge wasn’t burned.
Oregon won’t be elite after Nix, Franklin, Irving, and half that defense leaves.

He also committed to Oregon more for Dillingham and NIL than anything else. When Dillingham left, UCLA matched the number, and it was clear Bo was returning he bounced out the class. (Though he threatened to transfer from UCLA in the summer before the season because they wanted him to work for his NIL so maybe it’s check first.)

Last edited:
Weird. Sites are saying he’s practiced all week. I’m assuming this (if true) would stem from a possible concussion but I don’t think he’d be practicing

Yeah it is one less worry. Mertz was surprisingly competent this year despite his best option being Pearsall. Looking forward to what he can do with a decent OL and some more reliable receivers.
He was definitely trolling you :lol:

Best case scenario for this weekend:

Bama beats UGA. UW beats Oregon. Texas beats the brakes off OK State. Michigan beats Iowa. FSU beats Louisville.

The drama and cinema would be hilarious.

Best case scenario for this weekend:

Bama beats UGA. UW beats Oregon. Texas beats the brakes off OK State. Michigan beats Iowa. FSU beats Louisville.

The drama and cinema would be hilarious.

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

(You can swap 3/4 but I think with a backup FSU would be 4)

Saban can cry all he wants about there needing to be an SEC team in there. Shouldn’t have lost to Texas

If bama beats Georgia I don't see how they wouldn't be #4.

If FSU loses and Bama wins, I think TX and Bama get in.

Idc if FSU has to play current Chris Weinke at QB this weekend, just win.

Finish the job. Whether you win by 2 or 20 just win

Last edited:
Anyone think the PAC 12 is in no matter what, due to it being the last year of the conference? I just see that from a political aspect. Nevermind, Wash and Oregon were pretty good this year. The conference has not had a team in since 2016, I think.

Lol at them leaving an SEC team out. Y'all on drugs.
I think the math would be: 3 undefeated conf champs, and if bama beats UGA they're both 12-1, but bama lost straight up in their house to Texas so they can't put them in over UT and Bama beat UGA and UGA isnt a conf champ so they can't get in.

Anyone think the PAC 12 is in no matter what, due to it being the last year of the conference? I just see that from a political aspect. Nevermind, Wash and Oregon were pretty good this year. The conference has not had a team in since 2016, I think.
It's not really a political thing, the pac was the most competitive conference for most of the year. The PAC champ SHOULD be in no matter what.

I think the math would be: 3 undefeated conf champs, and if bama beats UGA they're both 12-1, but bama lost straight up in their house to Texas so they can't put them in over UT and Bama beat UGA and UGA isnt a conf champ so they can't get in.

Would be crazy to leave out UT if they beat Bama heads up. Then again it’s the conference of 2 giants and a bunch of overrated mid teams so it wouldn’t shock me

but bama lost straight up in their house to Texas so they can't put them in over UT

They can and they would. There’s precedent for it too. The BCS snubbed Miami for FSU in the 2000 title game even though we beat the Noles that season.

You’re crazy if you seriously think they’d leave a Nick Saban 1-loss SEC champ Alabama team out of the playoff.

I just don't understand the math sometimes. This guy is 22 years old and from the class of 2020 but has three more years of eligibility left. I can't wait until we cycle through all of these COVID players. This is getting ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom