OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dacomeup dacomeup you genuinely care about who is ranked outside the top 10, or is just for the purposes of this conversation?

8-4 playoff team is not likely either.
We’re talking about a 12 team playoff coming next year. It absolutely matters. But we’ll revisit this when it happens and people will justify it by yelling SEC because Bama and UGA are good.

Well, someone has to be there. And I’m not saying UM, OSU aren’t always among the best teams in the country, just that the the sec has had a recent run of dominating cfb.

Conversation over my head then, like way over it. Bama is in the playoff cause they beat number 1 ga. Those are the 2 schools that have exhibited dominance. Committee didn’t say 2 or 3 loss ole miss was better than fsu, just 1 loss bama who just beat the what we’re the favorites to win it all.

Fam nobody is arguing against UGA and Bama being dominant. We have seen them win and they’re legit. We are talking about the rest of the conference being mid but still getting overrated every single year. Pretty much every conference is 2 strong teams and a bunch of mid but for some reason the SEC is just tough from top to bottom when in reality they aren’t.

That’s all

Nothing more, nothing less

I think most years the 12 will be made up of

1 G5 team
ND
1 P12 team
1 ACC team
4 B10
4 SEC

I do wonder how the Pac will work.

I mean as of now it's two teams and the schedule they worked out with mountain west.

Do they still get an auto bid?

Fam nobody is arguing against UGA and Bama being dominant. We have seen them win and they’re legit. We are talking about the rest of the conference being mid but still getting overrated every single year. Pretty much every conference is 2 strong teams and a bunch of mid but for some reason the SEC is just tough from top to bottom when in reality they aren’t.

That’s all

Nothing more, nothing less

Does the same apply to Penn State with Michigan and OSU being the cream of the crop in the Big? Iowa too?

I do wonder how the Pac will work.

I mean as of now it's two teams and the schedule they worked out with mountain west.

Do they still get an auto bid?
Nope they changed the verbiage to "The new 12-team College Football Playoff field will include the six highest-ranked conference champions.

So they still gonna have a Pac-2 championship? Would be the funniest thing ever to have a ship game especially if both are buns next season. Guessing they'll be more so operating as two independents until they restructure the Pac or join a conference like the MW.

Does the same apply to Penn State with Michigan and OSU being the cream of the crop in the Big? Iowa too?
Penn state has beaten Michigan and ohio state only a few times combined in the past 8 years though. The B1G has a very clear

Tier 1 - Michigan and Ohio State
Tier 2 - Penn State, Iowa, sometimes Wisconsin
Tier 3 - everyone else

And tier 1 and 2 really aren't close at all.

dacomeup dacomeup you genuinely care about who is ranked outside the top 10, or is just for the purposes of this conversation?

8-4 playoff team is not likely either.
12 of the top 15 teams will be in the Big Ten or SEC. With that more competitive games will be played. We already have teams who are 9-3 on the fringe. An 8-4 playoff team is VERY likely.
IMG_7769.jpeg

Last edited:
He’s leaving because he’s getting pushed out by Avery Johnson a freshman.

He’s got talent tho, feel like Lincoln could get the most out of him.
I was expecting better rushing numbers out of him and was surprised its not part of his game. But he is 6'5" so I should have expected it.

Back
Top Bottom