OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dacomeup dacomeup Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T supposedly Trey Henderson might be returning next year and a bigger role for Dallan Hayden, I read a few places Jordan Lyle is likely to flip to Miami. Must be why Chip Trayanum jumped into the portal too
Yea, Lyle has been an expected flip for a while now. Seems like OSU boards are finding out now. Need one more flip from y’all boys though :nerd:

Fam nobody is arguing against UGA and Bama being dominant. We have seen them win and they’re legit. We are talking about the rest of the conference being mid but still getting overrated every single year. Pretty much every conference is 2 strong teams and a bunch of mid but for some reason the SEC is just tough from top to bottom when in reality they aren’t.

That’s all

Nothing more, nothing less
Name a conference with more than 2 teams. Penn State gets the exact same treatment you cry about with Ole Miss.

These CFP Air Trainers are hot fire: https://rebrand.ly/af32d7

1701922419086.png
1701922432649.png
1701922461109.png
1701922475213.png

I’ll continue to be as exaggeratedly obtuse in my responses to yalls tired *** arguments as long as y’all keep posting them :lol:

Since we doing the “ThEy wErEnT tOp 20 tHeY wErE 21” moronic stuff

Why is Tennessee one spot ahead of Clemson? No top 25 wins and blown out every time they played a ranked team, lost to a 5-7 team. Clemson only lost to teams with winning records, wins over ranked teams, and OT loss to FSU. Must’ve been that November win against powerhouse UConn

IMG_3422.jpeg

IMG_3423.jpeg

Fam nobody is arguing against UGA and Bama being dominant. We have seen them win and they’re legit. We are talking about the rest of the conference being mid but still getting overrated every single year. Pretty much every conference is 2 strong teams and a bunch of mid but for some reason the SEC is just tough from top to bottom when in reality they aren’t.

That’s all

Nothing more, nothing less

Name a conference with more than 2 teams. Penn State gets the exact same treatment you cry about with Ole Miss.

You literally quoted me saying every conference is two strong teams and then said name a conference with more than two strong teams

I take back that question I asked earlier about you being dense thinking I was serious about 3-9/4-8 teams being ranked, you just answered it for me

Since we doing the “ThEy wErEnT tOp 20 tHeY wErE 21” moronic stuff

Why is Tennessee one spot ahead of Clemson? No top 25 wins and blown out every time they played a ranked team, lost to a 5-7 team. Clemson only lost to teams with winning records, wins over ranked teams, and OT loss to FSU. Must’ve been that November win against powerhouse UConn

IMG_3422.jpeg

IMG_3423.jpeg
I’m not on the committee, so I can’t really answer how they came to that final decision, but I really don’t think it’s nearly as egregious as you do if you look at season final rankings from past years. Which teams are you willing to post a legitimate argument for “propping” up to make your other teams look better? What’s your final full top 25?

You literally quoted me saying every conference is two strong teams and then said name a conference with more than two strong teams

I take back that question I asked earlier about you being dense thinking I was serious about 3-9/4-8 teams being ranked, you just answered it for me
You’re still dodging answering anything about Penn State getting the exact same treatment Ole Miss gets, yet you’ve cried about Ole Miss like 5 times.

You’re still dodging answering anything about Penn State getting the exact same treatment Ole Miss gets, yet you’ve cried about Ole Miss like 5 times.
Penn State beats SEC teams and for the most part loses to Michigan and Ohio State and beats up on the rest of their league. They’re not really Ole Miss in this scenario. They’re whatever SEC team happens to be having a good year outside the big 2.

And that’s the real difference. Penn State is almost always the 3rd best team in the B1G. In the playoff era, the 3rd best team in the SEC each year has been whoever dropped the biggest bags two-three years prior: Ole Miss under Freeze, A&M under Jimbo, UTk under Huepel, etc. they’ve really only had two dominant programs. And even then, despite their recent Uber successes, over the past 15 years it’s REALLY only been Bama being dominant.

Penn State lost to #2 OSU by 8 and #3 Michigan by 9

Ole Miss lost to #12 Bama by 14 and #1 UGA by 35

Lord I can’t imagine if PSU lost to one of those teams by 35 American football points

Back
Top Bottom