OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yeesh, didn't realize SMU was swimming in money like that.

People were freaking out about A&M spending cash…

SMU invented the game and got whacked for it. They been lurking in the shadows waiting for the opportunity.

Oil money alums and all them obscenely rich Highland Park folk flush with cash walking distance from the stadium looking for stuff to do on Saturdays gonna spend.

Nothing against SMU, but I just don’t see any of the top recruits in Texas choosing SMU over Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, even with NIL. If you know the area, nobody in Dallas cares about SMU except Park Cities residents and SMU alums. Also, attendance isn’t going to magically increase because they’re now playing Duke or Boston College instead of Tulsa or Memphis.

One of my friends from college coaches at one of the top HS programs in DFW…a lot of the HS recruits in the area literally dream about going to A&M or UT. SMU better be willing to pay double what the big boys are giving recruits otherwise they’ll just be another mid tier or bottom tier ACC school. This isn’t the 80’s :lol:

25DDBFD9-945F-4A88-B54C-2D045E690BD7.jpeg

NCAA so trash. :smh:

There's a legal theory going around that UNC and the other school (FSU?) may end up just playing the kids and seeing what happens.

I think it's what UCLA did with Jay Toia two years ago. Though that was a post spring camp transfer and after he'd attended classes at SC, so different.

If all they’re going to do is retroactively go back and vacate wins then who cares. Nobody respects or counts that against schools anyway :lol

We still sugar bowl champs vs Arkansas :hat

NCAA so trash. :smh:

But JT Daniels can play for his 9th school in 5 years. :smh:

:lol: UNC and FSU fans being so whiny is actually making me side with the NCAA. They gave kids a one time free transfer and these 2 decided to transfer to 2-3 additional schools. Rules have to be enforced someway or it’s even more of a mess than it already is.

JT Daniels is completely irrelevant here.

I got no problem if they want to put some restrictions on multiple time transfers, but theres gotta be some consistency in how those decisions get made and not just guesswork about whos getting waivers and who isnt.

I like Milroe but any notice that he stares down his receivers? I wonder if Texas noticed it on film.

Back
Top Bottom