OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The B1G west has always been mediocre at best overall and trash at offense.

I think when they made these divisions they really expected Nebraska and Wisconsin to be better than they have
Living up in Big Ten country it really has been crazy to watch this the last several years. We all know the variables up north for most programs (bad weather, lack of high-end skill players, field-position philosophies, etc) but honest to god you watch these games and you say Division 3 offenses are better than this. Half or more of the Big Ten W programs cannot complete a forward pass. It's insane the drop-off.

I am beyond intrigued to see how the new 4 schools situation plays out - as others have said, do these current mid-tier B1G schools get even more blown out...or do these west coast teams come in and their head spins that theyre playing against this farm style, and in 22 degree weather?

This is literally what the SEC did to push forward SEC propaganda for years. You sure you want to pose that question? :lol:

To be fair, the SEC also went on to win a lot of national championships in the both of BCS and CFP. The Big ten can't boast that type of record. It's not propaganda if it's true

Big Ten football is a chore to watch for the most part. Ohio State and Michigan are the exceptions, but even their conference matchups can be dull.

Living up in Big Ten country it really has been crazy to watch this the last several years. We all know the variables up north for most programs (bad weather, lack of high-end skill players, field-position philosophies, etc) but honest to god you watch these games and you say Division 3 offenses are better than this. Half or more of the Big Ten W programs cannot complete a forward pass. It's insane the drop-off.

I am beyond intrigued to see how the new 4 schools situation plays out - as others have said, do these current mid-tier B1G schools get even more blown out...or do these west coast teams come in and their head spins that theyre playing against this farm style, and in 22 degree weather?

I think for teams like Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, etc. it’s going to get much worse for them. Not that they regularly compete for titles anyway but of the 4 teams that are being added I can’t see them regularly competing with any of them besides the occasional upset

To be fair, the SEC also went on to win a lot of national championships in the both of BCS and CFP. The Big ten can't boast that type of record. It's not propaganda if it's true
Both conferences have been Top heavy. It’s definitely still propaganda when most of the conference was just playing bad offense. But I know the SEC way is to ride the coattails of the top teams and yell S-E-C!

Both conferences have been Top heavy. It’s definitely still propaganda when most of the conference was just playing bad offense. But I know the SEC way is to ride the coattails of the top teams and yell S-E-C!

That stuff does always crack me up. Bama can have a close game with a 2-10 Arkansas and it’s “wow the SEC is so tough! Bama with a great win against a strong Arkansas team!” Ohio state (or any top team from another conference) has a close game with an 8-4 team and it’s “Ohio State sucks! The B1G is straight trash!”

Pac 12 really has the best product but nobody gets to watch it.

b965e31db76006de8c12d09d8a87ded4.jpg

Dec 1st for the championship is gonna be bittersweet knowing it'll be the last matchup ever.

Well maybe there will be a P2 ship in 24' smh.

Pac 12 will be back in some form after a few years.

These teams gonna figure out this whole realignment super conference thing isn't gonna be as great at they all think.

These teams gonna figure out this whole realignment super conference thing isn't gonna be as great at they all think.
But...they aint goin back from that TV $$$ :lol: I agree though, I was convinced the next power move was def. gonna be the NFL model of 32 major teams then everyone else to fend but unless the money is NEXT level obscene I don't see how you can get away without having the lower tier schools to sprinkle into your schedule. Some of these coaches too give themselves 8 home games a year - that ain't happening with one super conference.

I mean just already next year USC's schedule alone :lol: Some of these schools be thanking the heavens the playoff expanded.

vs LSU
Utah State
Notre Dame
at Maryland
at Michigan
at Minnesota
at UCLA
Nebraska
Penn State
Rutgers
Wisconsin
at Washington

Pac 12 is undoubtedly the most watchable football conference this year. High scores, shenanigans, and aesthetically pleasing finesse football.

There’s a reason casuals could watch Colorado be mid for 4-5 straight weeks and have fun doing so.

Deion coaching Iowa or Clemson as currently performing probably doesn’t get the same pop. A testament to how smart he is choosing offensive and defensive systems that not only level the playing field but also make for exciting TV. I really do respect what he did together this year.

This whole thing def gonna change again in the next 4-8 years.

Back
Top Bottom