OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The money would probably be life changing but he's working on building something that'll leave a mark in Detroit for a long time so not sure how tempted he'd be to leave at this stage...

The money would probably be life changing but he's working on building something that'll leave a mark in Detroit for a long time so not sure how tempted he'd be to leave at this stage...

It'll never happen, but he's going to be one of the stupid unrealistic names that gets talked about until the day they announce a coach.

Why not give Kyle Whittingham a call? His teams play tough ball and he's consistently done more with less from a talent perspective

Dan Lanning isn’t as unrealistic for A&M as this thread believes. He used the Auburn opening last year to get a raise, but after Willie and Mario he (pretended to?) entertain UA a little longer than Phil liked.

That would be an LOL hire for A&M though. Lanning is fools gold.

Dan Lanning isn’t as unrealistic for A&M as this thread believes. He used the Auburn opening last year to get a raise, but after Willie and Mario he (pretended to?) entertain UA a little longer than Phil liked.

He fits a lot of my general "please just do this" guidelines ...

But I don't trust dudes that win at Oregon. Job's been easy.

You mean he’s not fighting for wins instead of fighting for clicks?

That's a shame. He's built a solid program at Ole Miss with a fraction of A&M's resources.
Just think it's too far out there on the other end of the personality spectrum for them.

Kinda of Mike Leach-y where I think their vibe is he's just at the kind of job that "fits". Low maintenance boosters, lower-ish expectations, etc.

Why is Dan Lanning fools gold?

There's no way that Dan Lanning is "Fool's Gold". He inherited a good situation and has kept it going. He's eating USC's lunch on the recruiting trail as well. He does make some overly aggressive, analytics heavy decisions in game but he is one of the brightest young coaches in the game, and elite, tenacious recruiter. Sounds like nako xl nako xl is just hating.

Just think it's too far out there on the other end of the personality spectrum for them.

Kinda of Mike Leach-y where I think their vibe is he's just at the kind of job that "fits". Low maintenance boosters, lower-ish expectations, etc.

This is unfortunate because Lane could be a perfect coach for program like Texas A&M in the NIL era. For his faults, Lane is an elite offensive mind. He's just not a tenacious recruiter but with a program like Texas A&M with the NIL resources I think he could find great success.

He's already done a good job of neutralizing the talent gap between Ole Miss and The more talented teams in the SEC, imagine we could do with Texas A&M resources. I do believe you are right though that the money people at Texas A&M might not like Lane. They would rather get a standard coach that they will fire in 3-4 years instead of taking a big swing

Take it with a huge grain of salt, but there was a Houston based Citation C650 that went from CS to Eugene with stops in Austin and Albuquerque. Departed Satunday and returned Sunday. CS to Eugene is an odd trip for a Texan 🤣

May be all over the A&M Boards. My buddy was at the FBO when it was there and texted me and said it was someone with big money.

There's no way that Dan Lanning is "Fool's Gold". He inherited a good situation and has kept it going. He's eating USC's lunch on the recruiting trail as well. He does make some overly aggressive, analytics heavy decisions in game but he is one of the brightest young coaches in the game, and elite, tenacious recruiter. Sounds like nako xl nako xl is just hating.

Lol. Kept it going for a year and a half huh?

I like Lanning. I think he would crush it at a&m. But I hear some good points on why he isn't the choice or why he wouldn't make that jump.

There are guys I really like (Leipold and Elko, for example) but are they big enough for that jump and will they move the needle? I think we're going to see a splash hire for this job.

1. Lanning
2. Kiffin
3. Leipold
4. Deion

Just having fun this Monday morning.

Genuine question
Lanning excels in the PAC 12 for the same reason Mario Cristobal did. They’re the only SEC team in the conference. Put him in a place where everyone does the thing, and he loses his unique advantage. Again, see: Cristobal.

Take it with a huge grain of salt, but there was a Houston based Citation C650 that went from CS to Eugene with stops in Austin and Albuquerque. Departed Satunday and returned Sunday. CS to Eugene is an odd trip for a Texan 🤣

May be all over the A&M Boards. My buddy was at the FBO when it was there and texted me and said it was someone with big money.
I think most people don't realistically think he's an option. A lot of people seem to think they're going to go cheap, too.

I just don't know if I believe they're going to go hire someone's coordinator or someone that hasn't coached high-major football in almost a decade (Traylor).

Elko is the absolute most Texas A&M hire there could be.

Back
Top Bottom