Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

Boots and Villa in a few mins.

Going for Boots. Villa was impressive in that January fight against Ellis too though. Should be a good one.

Last edited:
That was a good fight. I don’t know how Villa made it past round 6. That dude had a chin, but the knock out was just a matter of time.

Its a lot of mma fighting techniques that are being included as advantages when discussing boxing

For instance the “he can switch stances” talk
That doesn’t necessarily create an advantage in boxing like it does in mma

In mma it allows a fighter to power kick with both legs which can be an advantage if the fighter has strong kicks with both legs

In boxing I don’t really see how its an advantage especially if your opponent has been studying what you do in the ring

There’s no roundhouse kicks or spinning back hand punches in boxing so switching stances in boxing doesn’t create an element of surprise like it can in mma

1689089005819.jpeg

He on dust. Riddick did better against Holyfield than Tyson ever did. I started high school in 1994 , so I saw all of Riddick and Rock Newman in Brooklyn.

Riddick had real Talent
When Bowe was on, he was a problem for any heavyweight in history. He just didn't care enough about boxing. That and he was pretty much spent by his late 20s after those brutal fights vs Golata

Gotta remember Mike had three different careers

Mike before he got with Robin Givens wasn’t fighting no bums and was on his way to being one of the greatest ever

You might want to go back and watch some old bowe fights. Bowe was better than anyone mike fought before he got KO'd by buster Douglas. Im taking the bowe that showed up vs holyfield in 1992 vs ANY version of Mike tyson 🤷‍♂️

You might want to go back and watch some old bowe fights. Bowe was better than anyone mike fought before he got KO'd by buster Douglas. Im taking the bowe that showed up vs holyfield in 1992 vs ANY version of Mike tyson 🤷‍♂️
It’s an intriguing matchup for sure but no version of Tyson? Like, at all? Not even when he was handled by Cus D’amato, Teddy Atlas, and Kevin Rooney? He was firing on all cylinders with those two in his corner. His career got gradually worse without them.

It’s an intriguing matchup for sure but no version of Tyson? Like, at all? Not even when he was handled by Cus D’amato, Teddy Atlas, and Kevin Rooney? He was firing on all cylinders with those two in his corner. His career got gradually worse without them.

Young Mike had more skill than any heavyweight, but Tillis, Bruno, Spinks and Holmes are his only great wins

Mitch “Blood” Green would have beat Riddick Bowe

James “Quick” Tillis would have beat Riddick Bowe

Back
Top Bottom