Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

Floyd still being Floyd the insecure rich and retired boxer. I love how the narcissist is making the press con all about him once again lmao

Ali, Leonard, Pacquiao, and even Chavez Sr all have greater legacies and better resumes than Mayweather

And SRL, Hearns, and Hagler wouldve all made Floyd hug and hold all 12 rounds on their way to a decision win over the self proclaimed "TBE."

In fact, the Crawford that beat Spence beats prime Floyd IMHO.

He ain't nowhere close to the greatest of all time and everybody has had this discussion before so there's no need to start anew.

This where u lost me
IMG_5125.gif

Floyd still being Floyd the insecure rich and retired boxer. I love how the narcissist is making the press con all about him once again lmao

Ali, Leonard, Pacquiao, and even Chavez Sr all have greater legacies and better resumes than Mayweather

And SRL, Hearns, and Hagler wouldve all made Floyd hug and hold all 12 rounds on their way to a decision win over the self proclaimed "TBE."

He ain't nowhere close to the greatest of all time and everybody has had this discussion before so there's no need to start anew.
Pacquia who lost to Floyd doesn’t have a better resume than him

Floyd would tear up Bud. Listen I like Bud, but just cause he beat Spence dont make him a great. He's been coasting all his career just like Spence.

I love Floyd, but I don't think he's the GOAT. Saying that he is top 10 in my book.

Pacquia who lost to Floyd doesn’t have a better resume than him
Disagree 100%

That protected "0" ain't got nothing on winning belts in 8 different weight classes and this alone makes Pacquiao's legacy greater than Floyd's 0, which is the only thing that even puts Floyd in any conversation with the all time greats who all have losses.

Even Leonard's resume and career is more impressive than Floyd's, and I was around to see both of their careers.

Aside from Floyd owning and buying Vegas and its corrupt judges to protect his undefeated record, it can easily be argued that Castillo beat Floyd as well as Maidana the first time they fought. Pretty interesting imo that Floyd rematched both guys. But that's a whole other topic of discourse.

Makes one wonder why Floyd never fought outside of Las Vegas the last half of his career after he went from PBF to Money Mayweather 🤔

Last edited:
Castillo maybe I'd give you that one, but not Maidana. He was winning upto maybe about the 6th or 7th round, but fell off towards the latter rounds.

I also don't agree with Pac having a greater legacy than Floyd. He lost to Marquez twice. Obviously only one of those was a legitimate loss, but Marquez got robbed in that 3rd fight imo

Disagree 100%

That protected "0" ain't got nothing on winning belts in 8 different weight classes and this alone makes Pacquiao's legacy greater than Floyd's 0, which is the only thing that even puts Floyd in any conversation with the all time greats who all have losses.

Even Leonard's resume and career is more impressive than Floyd's, and I was around to see both of their careers.

You a damn hater . Pacquiao didn't beat more than 3 people that would've given Floyd any problems .
Leonard's career is better than almost anybody, your not breaking ground here. He beat Roberto, Marvin and Thomas

Disagree 100%

Aside from Floyd owning and buying Vegas and its corrupt judges to protect his undefeated record, it can easily be argued that Castillo beat Floyd as well as Maidana the first time they fought. Pretty interesting imo that Floyd rematched both guys. But that's a whole other topic of discourse.

Makes one wonder why Floyd never fought outside of Las Vegas the last half of his career after he went from PBF to Money Mayweather 🤔
Manny was also on Roids

A couple clueless folks in here riding Floyd thinking Pacman was on steriods and believing anything their hero Floyd says

LMAOOOOOOOO

Meanwhile I hear Manny sued Floyd for slander and defamation of character with Floyd's false accusations and legend has it Floyd settled outside of court and paid Manny a good sum cause Floyd couldn't prove NADA Lol

Castillo maybe I'd give you that one, but not Maidana. He was winning upto maybe about the 6th or 7th round, but fell off towards the latter rounds.

I also don't agree with Pac having a greater legacy than Floyd. He lost to Marquez twice. Obviously only one of those was a legitimate loss, but Marquez got robbed in that 3rd fight imo
Losing doesn't create legacies. The overall book of work and impact in the sport is what creates a legacy.

Ali lost to Frazier and Norton but won the series against both just like Pac won his series vs Barrera, Morales, and Marquez.

Ntm CHAMP IN 8 DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES AND IS THR ONLY BOXER IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT TO WIN LINEAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 5 DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES, something Floyd never accomplished either. Lineal means beating the man who beat the man.

Pac did NOT lost to JMM twice LOL. he lost once when he got KTFO and got put to sleep like a lil baby lol.

In fact, if you wanna play that game of what ifs, Manny and JMM NEVER had a draw cause Pac beat him in their first fight since one of the dumb judges erroneously scored round 1 10-8 for Pac when it should've been 10-7 since Manny knocked down Marquez 3x.

Last edited:
Losing doesn't create legacies. The overall book of work and impact in the sport is what creates a legacy.

Ali lost to Frazier and Norton but won the series against both just like Pac won his series vs Barrera, Morales, and Marquez.

Ntm CHAMP IN 8 DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES AND IS THR ONLY BOXER IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT TO WIN LINEAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 5 DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES, something Floyd never accomplished either. Lineal means bearing the champ who beat the man in case you didn't know

Pac did NOT lost to JMM twice LOL. he lost once when he got KTFO and got put to sleep like a lil baby lol.

In fact, if you wanna play that game of what ifs, Manny and JMM NEVER had a draw cause Pac beat him in their first fight since one of the dumb judges erroneously scored round 1 10-8 for Pac when it should've been 10-7 since Manny knocked down Marquez 3x.
Yes, I’m aware he lost to Marquez officially only once according to the books. But what I was saying is that third fight was also an L to me. Robbery

I can’t really speak on their first fight as I didn’t see it nor am I informed enough about the judging error(s) to speak on it

“Legend has it” :lol:
IMG_4100.gif
Oh it's the stuff of Legend alright :lol:
Screenshot_20231003_193659_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231003_193720_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231003_193727_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231003_193733_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231003_193742_Chrome.jpg
Floyd's attormey asked the judge to dismiss the case cause Floyd never had a single ounce of proof, Pac never failed a test, and at the end of the day, Pac-Man's legacy is greater than Floyd's IN MY HUMBLE OPINION and no amount of debating or arguing will change my mind because I've watched boxing since the late 70s, saw a bunch of all time greats fight, and Floyd ain't all that compared to the Ali's, Chavez's, Leonard's and Pacquiao's of the world.

Last edited:
Yea I personally never bought the idea that Pac was on roids/PEDs. I honestly don’t even think Floyd really believed it himself and was just saying it to talk trash
Yes, talk trash and try to get in Pacquiao's head, but I think Floyd and his camp had a more important motive at the time - delay tactics.

IMO it was a way for Floyd, in particular Floyd Sr, to avoid having to fight Pacquiao in 2009-2010, which was when Pacman was at the absolute peak of his prime. After Floyd Sr saw what Pacquiao did to Hatton whom he trained when Hatton got KO'd by Pac, Floyd Sr. knew Pacman was gunning for a fight with his son and me thinks Team Floyd at that time didn't want any of that smoke. So they came up with the perfect avoidance strategy - accuse Pac of Roids LOL

Mayweather waited 5 more long years before deciding to finally fight Manny, AFTER Manny got KTFO by JMM.

Interesting strategy indeed. And it worked out for Floyd, the absolute greatest moneymaker, marketer, fight promoter, and cherrypicker in boxing history.

Last edited:
Yes, talk trash and try to get in Pacquiao's head, but I think Floyd and his camp had a more important motive at the time - delay tactics.

IMO it was a way for Floyd, in particular Floyd Sr, to avoid having to fight Pacquiao in 2009-2010, which was when Pacman was at the absolute peak of his prime. After Floyd Sr saw what Pacquiao did to Hatton whom he trained when Hatton got KO'd by Pac, Floyd Sr. knew Pacman was gunning for a fight with his son and me thinks Team Floyd at that time didn't want any of that smoke. So they came up with the perfect avoidance strategy - accuse Pac of Roids LOL

Mayweather waited 5 more long years before deciding to finally fight Manny, AFTER Manny got KTFO by JMM.

Interesting strategy indeed. And it worked out for Floyd, the absolute greatest moneymaker, marketer, fight promoter, and cherrypicker in boxing history.

Floyd is older than Pac so waiting makes no sense.

Pac is great but Floyd is better

They fought and the fight wasn't that close.

Imagining a freak of nature like Pacquiao was "sauced to the gills" is hilarious yet he never failed a PEDS test his whole career.

But I'll play along...

Since everybody in boxing juices amd enhancements are commonplace in boxing like the fans say they are, then how come it was ONLY Pacquiao who accomplished what he accomplished?

That's a rhetorical question.

The disrespect and discrediting of Pacman's accomplishments, skills and talent that still surfaces to this day is even more laughable than what it was 10 years ago.

20-50 years from now, Pacman will be held in much higher regard than anything Floyd ever accomplished. Mark my words, bookmark this post and we'll revisit this thread in 2043. :rofl:

theres always excuses when Floyd wins... when he beat pac it was cuz pac was injured and past his prime yet floyd was older than pac... so the fight happening 3 -4 years later is a meaningless argument... then when floyd beat canelo because canelo didnt have experience and wasnt in his prime yet floyd wasnt in his prime and much older and dominated...its all hypothetical to even talk about him and crawford since floyd is retired... but people learned the hard way when they bet against floyd lol

Back
Top Bottom