Official 2024 Boxing Thread:Beterbiev vs Bivol 10/12 ESPN+

He did get robbed honestly. If you turn off the commentators and just watch the fight he landed so many clean actual shots. Beterbiev threw a lot but he wasn’t landing very many. Yeah he is really strong but Bivol fought like Mayweather he basically got in super clean shots moved around and then let the other guy throw punches against guards. The stats show it too. Activity is great but it shouldn’t be the deciding factor it’s a boxing match. If neither man goes down the guy that hit way more clean shots and took way less should be the clear cut winner. There’s no other sport that it would have been scored this way.

Even Bradley who was slurping Artur initially in first few rounds realized this and clearly felt Bivol did better.

I think sometimes the way a fight looks or feels ringside may be different is only thing i’ll say for the judges. They may not be able to understand the cleanliness of shots as well as we can from tv

Classy post fight interview from Bivol.

Perhaps my scorecard for Bivol 10-2 was a bit wide. It could have been more 9-3 or 8-4, but still for a clear Bivol victory.

For the most part, Bivol defended himself very well and evaded at the right moments, and fought intelligently enough to never let Beterbiev just straight up take over, that was the most impressive part I thought.

I'd love to see a rematch.

Unfortunately, robberies are a part of the sport. It's disappointing, though, when an organization is trying to revive the sport, and poor decisions like this undermine those efforts.

By no means am I saying that Bivol clearly won the fight, but if a winner had to be chosen, it would have been Bivol by a round, if that.

Didn’t watch but sounds like a controversial decision. Reading Rfx45’s, it seemed like Bivol was winning. Then reading the last pages…wow.

Glad they at least got paid despite the Blatant Boxing Boondoggle.

People mistake activity for impact way too often in boxing. It takes the science out of the sport. Landing clean flush shots is super hard to do and one fighter did that consistently the whole night. The power and activity made it close but it was pretty clear. And even Artur said as much in his interview that he didn’t really feel like he hit him very cleanly at all

I also gotta say that religion and the dictator being there is really not a fair shake. Really sucks that boxing and other sports happening in Saudi and legitimizing the regimes out there. Rant over. Apart from all that was beautiful to see these two warriors battle. Much respect for the way they talked after the fight - true warriors

1728776977007.jpeg

IMG_0760.jpeg

I'm not trying to troll, just genuinely curious. Wasn't Boxer15 the guy who used to get upset back in the day and one time started going off on people, showing his makeshift garage boxing gym?

I don’t have a garage boxing gym. I used to fight muay thai in Thailand and coached muay thai here in the states. , but I never boxed.

Last time I had a heavy bag was like 2006 in my mom’s garage and my stepfather filled it with sand (talk about killing your hands).

He did get robbed honestly. If you turn off the commentators and just watch the fight he landed so many clean actual shots. Beterbiev threw a lot but he wasn’t landing very many. Yeah he is really strong but Bivol fought like Mayweather he basically got in super clean shots moved around and then let the other guy throw punches against guards. The stats show it too. Activity is great but it shouldn’t be the deciding factor it’s a boxing match. If neither man goes down the guy that hit way more clean shots and took way less should be the clear cut winner. There’s no other sport that it would have been scored this way.

Even Bradley who was slurping Artur initially in first few rounds realized this and clearly felt Bivol did better.

I think sometimes the way a fight looks or feels ringside may be different is only thing i’ll say for the judges. They may not be able to understand the cleanliness of shots as well as we can from tv

its nuts that i get called crazy here for giving bivol 8-4 (in what i said are very close rounds and from the eyes of a washed boxing casual) that has no bearing on the actual fight while an actual judge just handed artur the win with an 8-4 score :lol:

looking at the compubox, it made sense what i saw, beterbiev was the aggressor and threw much more punches (even though it landed at a lower rate) that missed/blocked but got some credit from the judges, as you said from the tv, we could see it was missing or hitting gloves but bivol didnt get credit for that from the judges

in the 12th round for example, it depended on your style preference, beterbiev threw 63 and landed 15 while bivol threw 38 and landed one punch less at 14… in person i can see it looking like more landed than it did especially as bivol clinched, he was aggressive

same can be said on the 10th round where all 3 judges gave it to beterbiev when he just threw a lot of punches that missed and only outlanding bivol by 1 again so its up to you if you wanted to reward beterbievs aggressiveness or bivols defense

so i think im going to stick to bivol winning that fight until i rewatch, he outboxed artur and moved well and made him miss and miss a lot while some of the shots dimitri landed looked just as impactful until the later rounds

its not an explosive match than i had hoped for but that it was a very good fight and i would love to see a rematch

Back
Top Bottom