Official '24 NYK off-season thread

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really hate what Thibs is doing to Deuce.

He essentially sat his entire rookie season and has played like 10 minutes all season.

He had good production when Rose was injured last year, shows out in the Summer league and G-league & all of the vets say that he's one of the hardest players in practice.

Everyone that has been given the minutes flourishes, Deuce would be no difference.

Thibs just has no idea how to properly use guards or develop youth.

Even if we're gonna treat him as a trade piece...allow him to showcase his talent and gather some experience and confidence.

Can't even sniff the floor for more than 30 seconds in blowout games.

Honestly it might be time to let Rose sit.

He's 34, not getting any younger and you can see age is catching up to him.

Those 15 mins he gets can easily go to Deuce if they wanna see if he's for real or not. And you'd actually have someone who could defend on the perimeter aside from Cam and Grimes who also is in the doghouse now.

Ya MF aint saying anything new.

Everyone ******* knows this. He probably playing Cam because Leon told him, I can't just trade a 12th pick and Knox for Cam and have him not play like Knox.

Thibs an outdated coach that only had one gimmick (defense) that it has yet to evolve and his D got blown up because all the 3 point shooters.

Love D. Rose but he hasn't moved the needle at all this season.

Keeps throwing up them b line 3 point bricks and getting blown by on defense, some bad TOs too.

We should look to trade him back to Chicago so he can play out the rest of his career at home and ride off into the sunset.

Idk what WAR is, but IQ a bum and you can’t convince me otherwise

Agreed. Even the list shows Quickley's offense isn't good

I like situational statistics. It has pro and con tho. I remember Kanter was in top 10 PER :lol:

Reddish has been balling

This is interesting

WAR leaders in Eastern Conference this season
Fhsl4BQXoAEkUKV

Fhsl4BQX0AAYrTo
This is why I don’t believe in this geeky *** analytics ****. Alex Caruso this year but he is 14th ?!?
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]25.3[/TD]

[TD]4.4[/TD]

[TD]32.1[/TD]

[TD]3.3[/TD]

[TD]3.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Son is playing 25 minutes a game averaging 4/3/3 on 32 percent in a league where great guards are must haves but he’s 14th ?!? And you can’t make me believe his defense outweighs everything unless his guy scores 2 points a game.

IQ is annoying AF of offense, but give credit where credit is due on Defense. It was him and Cam playing together that locked up the perimeter last night. His offense leaves a lot to be desired, but his defense has been shockingly on point. A major improvement from last year.

Tom Thibodeau Drops Evan Fournier, Quentin Grimes From Knicks Rotation
NOV 16, 2022 8:57 AM

Fournier_Evan_nyk_211012.jpg

Before the New York Knicks game at the Utah Jazz on Tuesday, Tom Thibodeau hinted at a potential rotation change. But Thibodeau didn't change his starting lineup as expected. Instead, he trimmed his rotation.
Evan Fournier and Quentin Grimes were both dropped from the rotation. The Knicks ran a nine-man group in a road victory over the Jazz. And Thibodeau was happy with the results.
“We wanted to see what it would look like and it gave us, I thought, better rhythm,” Thibodeau said. “That’s why we did it.”
Fournier had opened the year as a starter, but lost that role to Cam Reddish. Since then, Fournier has seen his playing time steadily decline. Grimes opened the year recovering from an injury and has yet to find the form from him promising rookie season.

hes not getting playing time regardless if hes injured or not... right now hes healthy and getting DNP...no knock on grimes I think he has potential but to not trade him for donovan is crazy especially knowing the head coach doesnt like to play young guys... IQ and maybe obi are the exception...the only reason sims is playing is cuz mitch is out... look at duece he gets no playing time whatsoever

Imma leave the Thibs drama alone. I still stand with coach for now. As captain of the Deucehive of course I wanna see him get his time but I understand the roster and rotation.

He tried 10 guys & it didn’t work so yesterday it was back to 9. And I don’t expect Rose to be available all 82 anyways. I’ll happily take ~65 with the right times available.

I don’t wish it but any other guards go down & it’s extended time for the future lead ballhandler. Once he gets loose, he’s not giving up those minutes.

I'm not giving up on RJ yet cause the season is still early and he has to adjust to playing off of Brunson but he def looks like he regressed so far this season.

It's like he has no lateral movement or ability to get around defenders.

Everything is a straight line right into defense, followed by a slo-mo spin and a bricked layup. No offensive creativity.

He's playing like he ran out of turbo in a videogame.

Hope he gets it together soon.

I'm not about to say, put Grimes in, but it goes to show how ****** Thibs is at coaching and player development.

Dude sat Cam all last year because Grimes hit a few 3s and played D. This year he is sitting Grimes because the dude he thought sucked last year is showing he's athletic and can play some D .

So yeah .... MF Thibs just suck at Head Coaching.

rj is sick, but he deserves all the criticism for continuing to want to be out there

also, this coach is terrible for making him play the most minutes the last three games while sick. doing him no favors and just making him look foolish out there

Yeah you can tell it’s affecting him, but man he can’t throw it in the ocean. Should’ve sat him these last couple of games but dumbass Thibs has him playing the most minutes…

Back
Top Bottom