Official '24 NYK off-season thread

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Confidence doesn't seem like an issue with RJ because he's still shooting...

He'll get his legs under him because currently his jumper looks off, lacking fluidity in his whole sequence

This team is definitely fun though

in the last 7 games prior to this road trip RJ was averaging 22 ppg 5.6 rpg 3.7 apg on 49.1% fg and 42.9% 3ptfg

gets sick, is still being played the most minutes, and obviously isnt playing well these last 3 games

meanwhile, Cam and IQ are now better than RJ after ONE defensive sequence by dribble and chuck

i swear some of yall just echo each other and dont formulate your own opinions

0A6D9CB3-B51F-4037-97B8-7D7C4E423ADB.gif

"playing through it" while sick and hurting your team is only gonna lead to more people calling out rj barrett. i feel like last night rj took a big step back in his career path. right now he is barely a bench player on a decent team. barely. him and randle playing together isn't working well

in the last 7 games prior to this road trip RJ was averaging 22 ppg 5.6 rpg 3.7 apg on 49.1% fg and 42.9% 3ptfg

gets sick, is still being played the most minutes, and obviously isnt playing well these last 3 games

meanwhile, Cam and IQ are now better than RJ after ONE defensive sequence by dribble and chuck

RJ hasn’t played well this entire season.

Oct- 17.7 ppg ,40% Fg, 22 3pt%
Nov- 18.8 ppg, 40% Fg, 27.8 3pt%

He’s been way too inconsistent with all the minutes in the world available to him. I wouldn’t really call his criticism a hot take, but to each it’s own.

I don't know about you guys, but I was thrilled to wake up and see the Knicks pull it off. Then was sad when I seen the box scores.

Ain't no ******* way I'm thrilled with how we won. I'm not trying to depend on Randle ... we did that, we didn't like it. It was ugly ....

I want to see more of Obi/Cam ....

PS - RJ being sick is trash ... either he can play or he can't ... that should or is a decision he needs to make. If he can play then perform if you can't perform sit your *** down.

Dammmm son, you cats know I’m just being dramatic and sarcastic. Def wouldn’t take any of them over RJ.

It’s some of the same ones finally changing their tunes on Cam that are calling for RJ’s head right now.

A couple opinions ie keko jones keko jones that almost always scrape the bottom of the barrel I look forward to disagreeing with.

Not exactly sure how far along or where they’re expecting the team to be right now but the ship ain’t sinking for sure. You don’t go from winning 17 games to ECF in the blink of an eye.

Knicks fans never can calm that cl*t.

The flip from Cam is a bum to RJ is a scrub happened so quickly. Not saying RJ is playing well but a lot of y’all are erratic on how you view the players. Frank 4 years of absolutely nothing and it’s “he didn’t get enough PT”. Cam is a bum with no drive to, “build around him and Obi”. RJ is playing 3rd fiddle for the first time in probably his life, but we should immediately trade him, bc he’s not adjusting fast enough…son, isn’t this the same excuse y’all give about Cam, Grimes, Frank, Knox, etc? Opportunity. It’s been 17 games. Yes he’s inconsistent, but like I mentioned with the 7 game run, he was finding his groove until he got sick. Thibs continuing to play him makes no sense.

Was anyone else tripped out by the one on one action going on between IQ and Bones last night, felt like Quickley was battling his evil twin

It’s some of the same ones finally changing their tunes on Cam that are calling for RJ’s head right now.

A couple opinions ie keko jones keko jones that almost always scrape the bottom of the barrel I look forward to disagreeing with.

Not exactly sure how far along or where they’re expecting the team to be right now but the ship ain’t sinking for sure. You don’t go from winning 17 games to ECF in the blink of an eye.

Knicks fans never can calm that cl*t.
Not sure what you're trying to say, nut your are one of the worst hot takers here, nest believe that. Your sources, YT influencers don't help you either.

On RJ, I'm not turning on RJ. He can be very good om both end, but his recent play has been trashed. All I said, lets not blame sickness, he just need to figure put what's wrong and if it's because he is sick, then he should sit and rest.

Keep doing your GM cap spoiler that no one asked or even care to read. You keep wasting your time and NT bandwidth!

The flip from Cam is a bum to RJ is a scrub happened so quickly. Not saying RJ is playing well but a lot of y’all are erratic on how you view the players. Frank 4 years of absolutely nothing and it’s “he didn’t get enough PT”. Cam is a bum with no drive to, “build around him and Obi”. RJ is playing 3rd fiddle for the first time in probably his life, but we should immediately trade him, bc he’s not adjusting fast enough…son, isn’t this the same excuse y’all give about Cam, Grimes, Frank, Knox, etc? Opportunity. It’s been 17 games. Yes he’s inconsistent, but like I mentioned with the 7 game run, he was finding his groove until he got sick. Thibs continuing to play him makes no sense.
Wilson Chandler vs. Gallo was 🔥🔥

I dunno about all this flip flop stuff, but me personally...I always said that Knicks fans were buggin acting like RJ is the 2nd coming and could be our number 1 option 😂. Some think he is gonna be a lockdown defender too. But what inclination has he given us in 4 years that he has that in him? Whether he is sick or healthy, his defense has been awful and his scoring even worse. And he still has the nerve to chuck shots like he's on fire. He rarely makes the extra pass. This happens all the time between him and Randle...

Yes RJ is a solid player, but he is maybe 3rd option at BEST on a contending team. The sooner we start being honest about that, the better 🤷🏾‍♂️

I always felt Cam was more talented than RJ. It's clear as day defensively, offensive skills wise, and athletically. He just doesn't have the greenlight RJ has and has always had injury/motor issues. It would be in the Knicks best interest to put the battery in his back and let him go, because it will pay dividends. It's like getting another top draft pick for nothing. Leon got a steal.

Back
Top Bottom