Official '24 NYK off-season thread

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As u alluded to, I hate how it’s usually these dudes starting out raining 3s like they have CURRY on their backs. Julius was making me sick tonite with that especially.

Since RJ takes a while to get anything going on a good night, I’d like for him to drive & kick for the first 5-6 min. If you get a step take the shot. He will get the assists or hockey on the passes if they hit any shots. And yea, when is he spending that summer with DeRozan?

Tough watch but Deuce & Grimes got a couple nice minutes. I think they have a shot on Sunday against Phx.

The thing with RJ is , all he has to do is not be awful and we would be fine. But once you get that 100 mil it’s time to step it up.

Then you got the cats that say “well Jimmy and Giannis took 4 years” Jimmy and Giannis weren’t drafted near the top 3, weren’t given the same amount as opportunities as RJ years 1-3 and weren’t expected to be this good.

If you’re in year 4 as a top 3 pick and really haven’t shown any improvement you are who you are at this point. What top 3 pick has REALLY elevated their game after year 4. And don’t say Wiggins because Steph got him.

Although Randle ended with a good stat line, dude was responsible for the big deficit early on.

Besides hindering the team on D, dude was just shooting 3s and being super selfish.

Like something I would of have gave him a pass years ago, is no loner tolerable. He wanta the offense to be ran by him at all cost.

Imma still give one player till next year before I start ****ting all over him. Ya guys are seeing it but .. i see nothing.

If you’re in year 4 as a top 3 pick and really haven’t shown any improvement you are who you are at this point. What top 3 pick has REALLY elevated their game after year 4. And don’t say Wiggins because Steph got him.

none of this is "drama." it's just facts

Y'all finally coming around to RJ being *** now?

Before the season started he was untouchable.

I can start calling for him and Randle to be off the team? These dudes are not #1 or #2 options on any winning team.
I was one of those that did not want to see RJ traded solely off of him being homegrown but I wouldn’t care if we traded him for Terry Rozier at this point.

I think what our young guys is missing is a vet to actually mentor them. In 2012 we had a mix of youth and veterans that guided each other on the fly. We don’t have someone breaking down or explaining on the court. It’s like being new at your job and no one is putting you on game in terms of how things actually work. It’ll take you longer to develop, vs having someone properly train you and be there when you need guidance. A lot of these guys are still under 23, so in the real world, they’re hella young.

Who was the announcer yesterday that pretty much said our record is better is deceiving and we really suck suck????

He said we beat some bottom dwellers and some good teams that were missing their stars.

Who said anything about both teams having the same talent?
don’t know what you’re idea of veteran leadership is but the young guys been singing rose’s praise in that role and as a voice in the locker room since he got here again

you’re missing the point tho

veteran leadership or not, these players just aren’t good

and no amount of grooming from players like udonis haslem, kyle lowery, chris paul, or lebron was gonna change that

Rose is one guy. Him and Taj are Thibs’s guys. The coach that can’t coach for ****. Echoing the same garbage obviously isn’t going to help. But go ahead. Y’all find any reason to justify why the team sucks. Why are you even fans?

Funny how it’s “we just need a coach that’s better at development” to “our young guys aren’t good at all”. Far too emotional in here.

Both can be true.

A good coach will have better rotations and in game adjustments.

In the end, the team still has a ceiling of a first round exit bc our young core, which is a good chunk of our rotation, is just a bunch of inconsistent role players.

Back
Top Bottom