Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

Got these in today. Ordered from eBay.
Hope there isn't any heel slippage

Attachments

• IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 18
So how is the experience playing in the Rose 7, I'm going from the CE Lows to these, hoping the cushion in the heel area is nice enough and the ankle area isn't too restrictive.

I much prefer the CE lows to the Rose 7 mids. Heel zoom is good in the Rose 7s, but I found the forefoot zoom to be firm and not that enjoyable. I just like the CE lows cushioning way better. I also found the ankle of the Roses to be too structured and restrictive for my tastes. I've really acclimated to playing in lows and lower mids, so the Roses felt over built.

I much prefer the CE lows to the Rose 7 mids. Heel zoom is good in the Rose 7s, but I found the forefoot zoom to be firm and not that enjoyable. I just like the CE lows cushioning way better. I also found the ankle of the Roses to be too structured and restrictive for my tastes. I've really acclimated to playing in lows and lower mids, so the Roses felt over built.
That's what I'm afraid of but maybe I'll use em as an alternate pair...I really want to try that beastly traction.

That's what I'm afraid of but maybe I'll use em as an alternate pair...I really want to try that beastly traction.

I'd definitely try a pair out if you can get them at a good price. The traction is really great. The rest of the shoe is still very good and may work better for you than they did for me. I just find the CE lows and Harden 1s to be better shoes for how I play and my old knees and back. :rofl:

I'd definitely try a pair out if you can get them at a good price. The traction is really great. The rest of the shoe is still very good and may work better for you than they did for me. I just find the CE lows and Harden 1s to be better shoes for how I play and my old knees and back. :rofl:
Amen on the knees, I'm overweight at the moment and need to get back into shape or at least ball shape. Thank god for boost or I'd probably would had to amputate after a day of ball lol.

IMG_3125.JPG IMG_3124.JPG
Came in today, the BHMs are so gorgeous on Adidas models. Can't wait to test them out tonight.

Love those so much! I actually put black laces on mine the same way D-Rose rocked his all season. I'll try to get a pic if I can, but both ways look damn good in my opinion. This was my favorite Rose 7 colorway and I wish they would've released more colorways with that two tone thing going on, similar to the majority of Harden 1 and Curry 2 models. Just my preference. Nice pickup!

9874373-nba-san-antonio-spurs-at-new-york-knicks-2.jpeg

For me the rose 7 had incredible lockdown and traction. Like one of the best ever for both. But the bulky ness and poor cushioning were it’s downfall. Wonder how the 8 is compared to both the strengths and weaknesses of the 7

played in the 8s. To me, they're a better version of the 7. 7 level of grip and support without the bulkiness. It vents a bit better too. Sizing is a bit different though I think. I have 9.5 in the 7 which fit great. 9.5 in the 8s fit ever so slightly long to where I don't know if a size 9 would fit comfortably or too snug.

edit: oh and the 8 is noticeably lighter on feet. I was surprised how noticeable it was because I never really worried about the weight of the 7s when I would play in them.

Really, really close. Serious.

For me the rose 7 had incredible lockdown and traction. Like one of the best ever for both. But the bulky ness and poor cushioning were it’s downfall. Wonder how the 8 is compared to both the strengths and weaknesses of the 7

played in the 8s. To me, they're a better version of the 7. 7 level of grip and support without the bulkiness. It vents a bit better too. Sizing is a bit different though I think. I have 9.5 in the 7 which fit great. 9.5 in the 8s fit ever so slightly long to where I don't know if a size 9 would fit comfortably or too snug.

edit: oh and the 8 is noticeably lighter on feet. I was surprised how noticeable it was because I never really worried about the weight of the 7s when I would play in them.

Thanks for the info, I'll pick up a pair eventually.

How were they?
Traction was amazing, cushion was solid but the downfall was the ankle area was too restrictive, maybe I've gotten too used to Lows but it was a deal breaker. Lockdown was phenomenal though, really great shoe if you want a high/mid.

I bought the 8 to try. Really disappoint in them. Feels like the Rose 5 all over again but with a lighter upper. I like the 5s better though. Boost is on the firm side. Good heel impact protection and forefoot court feel I suppose. Stability is good. Fit is narrow and slightly long. Some dead space on the top of the toes. Still would recommend true to size though given the toe is on the pointy side. Once again try them true and half down to see what works for you.

The ankle support is always there if that's is your main priority. The upper hugs your foot really well. But not a lot of padding inside the shoe. Kinda hurt my foot lacing them tight. Breathability is better than average with the mesh cutouts within the Fuse. However, doesn't feel like a signature shoe. More like the 1st gen Hyperfuse with Boost from the Rose 5.
Be careful cranking down the laces. I saw a pic where the lace loop snapped from the fuse. Also I hate these round laces, And they're short will come loose easily.
Traction seems the same should be more durable than the 7s.

Just first impression from a try on in the office. As I want to return them like new. I'd just get a PK Rose 6 if you want a Rose Boost shoe. I think it's time to hang up the Rose line given there are plenty of options in the adidas basketball catalog now. His shoe is not using his own box from the 6/7, just the normal Boost box. Don't see these selling too well unless at deep discounts.

To be fair trying them on in the office tells you next to nothing about how they'll perform on court.

Back
Top Bottom