Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-09-19-33-13-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-09-19-33-13-1.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 13
This colorway definitely has better materials, but on foot feels about the same.

20171006_091834.png

I've got mixed feelings about the 8 so far. Aesthetically, it almost looks like it could be a 773 model. Not bad per se, but not as daring and/or unique as the 6/7 that came before it...

How many years does he have on his contract? I could see him signing with a Chinese brand since he's well loved there.
On the one hand, that'd suck because I'd hate to see D Rose go out like that. He's got the heart of a lion, even if he no longer has the body of one. And the Chinese brands aren't even remotely big foot friendly. On the other hand, they're really, really elevating their respective games. Li-Ning's new woven actually looks pretty nice...

You guys do realize D Rose's sales surpass anyone on the Adidas roster worldwide? There's a reason why they have kept him on the roster. You guys need to look at the bigger picture, USA isn't the only country that buys shoes lmao.

Interesting with the Rose 8, Rose himself hasn't worn the speed wrap ankle braces. He's worn them every game for years but hasn't worn them in preason....

JS"

To those (or the 2 lol) that own the Rose 7 Lows, how's the lockdown on em? I loved the cushion on the highs but couldn't deal with the restriction of the high cut.

Only played once in the Rose lows but was underwhelmed. Fit wasn't terrible but not great either. For me the highs feel like there's too much around the ankle and with these its as if there's too little. Traction was good but not as good as the highs IMO. Maybe its the translucent?

But I'm currently at a point were boost isn't my favorite cushioning. I like how easy it is on the knees but prefer more responsiveness. UA Charged was

Only played once in the Rose lows but was underwhelmed. Fit wasn't terrible but not great either. For me the highs feel like there's too much around the ankle and with these its as if there's too little. Traction was good but not as good as the highs IMO. Maybe its the translucent?

But I'm currently at a point were boost isn't my favorite cushioning. I like how easy it is on the knees but prefer more responsiveness. UA Charged was
So you're saying they're light or bulky, because there was so much padding and extra stuff on the ankle area, so you're saying they're more minimum?

Last edited:
So you're saying they're light or bulky, because there was so much padding and extra stuff on the ankle area, so you're saying they're more minimum?

Absolutely more minimum at the ankle (obviously) but almost to a fault. Its very open there, although i could see this potentially being a good ankle brace sneaker for that reason. But the rest isnt minimal the boost is heavy and it feels high and wide to the court, a little bulky feeling but not terrible.

Again only played in them once and they weren't bad just not noticably amazing. My current rotation is the Curry 2s and the Crazy Explosive 16, both of which are great so not sure if these will get a lot of game play, may end up being a shoot around shoe which is fine since they're comfy and look dope with the lace swap imo.

Heres Dragić doing work in them:

Last edited:
Interesting with the Rose 8, Rose himself hasn't worn the speed wrap ankle braces. He's worn them every game for years but hasn't worn them in preason....

JS"

yup...i noticed the same thing. I'm wondering if he feels it already offers ample support or if it's not that 'ankle brace friendly'. I will say the 8s hugged my ankles a lot better/more secure than the 7s did.

Back
Top Bottom