Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

Did you like the fit of the 4.5 over the 2s? The 4.5 were the most uncomfortable ride for me.

Did you get primeknit or mesh?

Yeah I actually loved the fit. One of the better fitting shoes. I have the black/white and they look kinda sick for casual wear. I don't think I've ever balled in them - I could tell based on stepping in that they wouldn't be great for me.

Picked up the mesh black pair. Pretty pumped.

^ based on lack of deep discounts for this model, I think it sold ok, but they also probably had better supply (lower).

Clean! Comes out next week in AUS via kickz101. China selling them already.
IMG_2119.jpg

Last edited:
Dunno why but Adidas always makes Rose's shoes more optimal for bigs rather than guards. Seems like they're keeping the trend with the 8.

I bought the 8 to try. Really disappoint in them. Feels like the Rose 5 all over again but with a lighter upper. I like the 5s better though. Boost is on the firm side. Good heel impact protection and forefoot court feel I suppose. Stability is good. Fit is narrow and slightly long. Some dead space on the top of the toes. Still would recommend true to size though given the toe is on the pointy side. Once again try them true and half down to see what works for you.

The ankle support is always there if that's is your main priority. The upper hugs your foot really well. But not a lot of padding inside the shoe. Kinda hurt my foot lacing them tight. Breathability is better than average with the mesh cutouts within the Fuse. However, doesn't feel like a signature shoe. More like the 1st gen Hyperfuse with Boost from the Rose 5.
Be careful cranking down the laces. I saw a pic where the lace loop snapped from the fuse. Also I hate these round laces, And they're short will come loose easily.
Traction seems the same should be more durable than the 7s.

Just first impression from a try on in the office. As I want to return them like new. I'd just get a PK Rose 6 if you want a Rose Boost shoe. I think it's time to hang up the Rose line given there are plenty of options in the adidas basketball catalog now. His shoe is not using his own box from the 6/7, just the normal Boost box. Don't see these selling too well unless at deep discounts.

Facts > fiction

His sales surpass Dame and Harden's. Rose is huge overseas.

I'm talking strictly stateside. What happens usually is that they make a ton of his PEs, and then they hit the outlets for 25 - 40% of MSRP. That's unheard of for any Nike PE shoe. I would never buy DRose signatures for msrp just because of the fact that they are guaranteed to drop to a fraction of msrp within a couple of months.

I bought the 8 to try. Really disappoint in them. Feels like the Rose 5 all over again but with a lighter upper. I like the 5s better though. Boost is on the firm side. Good heel impact protection and forefoot court feel I suppose. Stability is good. Fit is narrow and slightly long. Some dead space on the top of the toes. Still would recommend true to size though given the toe is on the pointy side. Once again try them true and half down to see what works for you.

The ankle support is always there if that's is your main priority. The upper hugs your foot really well. But not a lot of padding inside the shoe. Kinda hurt my foot lacing them tight. Breathability is better than average with the mesh cutouts within the Fuse. However, doesn't feel like a signature shoe. More like the 1st gen Hyperfuse with Boost from the Rose 5.
Be careful cranking down the laces. I saw a pic where the lace loop snapped from the fuse. Also I hate these round laces, And they're short will come loose easily.
Traction seems the same should be more durable than the 7s.

Just first impression from a try on in the office. As I want to return them like new. I'd just get a PK Rose 6 if you want a Rose Boost shoe. I think it's time to hang up the Rose line given there are plenty of options in the adidas basketball catalog now. His shoe is not using his own box from the 6/7, just the normal Boost box. Don't see these selling too well unless at deep discounts.

Damn, that is sorry to hear, I was hoping that the performance would make up for the unappealing looks. Hope breaking them in would yield better results.

Thanks for the heads up. The shoes look like a step back aesthetically and now they sound like a step back performance wise too. I guess we better get some CEs or Rose 7s if we want better mid top hoop shoes from adidas...

One of the biggest complaints (or my own personal) complaints on the DROSE7 was that it was too hot, heavy, and bulky. If they were able to address all of that and make it playable outdoors, than this wouldn't be that bad of a buy for under $100. That blue and white colorway is garbage though.

Don't let my one wear (try on) stop you from trying them yourself. You might like what it offers or caters to your playing style/needs on the court. I don't see a huge improvement or anything that wows me to spend $100+ when there are better options from the adidas basketball line now and forthcoming.
I would get a pair of these in a low and it is like the Harden LS.

Don't let my one wear (try on) stop you from trying them yourself. You might like what it offers or caters to your playing style/needs on the court. I don't see a huge improvement or anything that wows me to spend $100+ when there are better options from the adidas basketball line now and forthcoming.
I would get a pair of these in a low and it is like the Harden LS.
These are guaranteed to drop to the $70 - 80ish mark if we're patient. No hype behind them and Rose is gonna be overshadowed by Lebron this year.

Back
Top Bottom