Official AFC West 2011 Season Thread | Week 17: Denver, Oakland to the wire; #1DEN #1OAK #4SD #4KC

are y'all 21+? We should have a little summit
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

^pm me the details
youve been PM'd
pimp.gif
my hate for the Broncos goes way deeper than any other in the division. and thats saying a lot. Peep the Avy
roll.gif

Actually i dont mind them as much. They were pretty nice to my wife and I when we went to invesco last year. Sure they like to talk trash and say  Al Davis sucks and how our team is full of convicts...you know the usual garbage ESPN feeds them... but nothing really about the game cuz they know we dominate.   

Aug 26 12:00PM ET

By Bill Williamson

This unusual NFL season is about to start in two weeks. A lot has happened in the month since the lockout has been lifted. With the signing period and training camps over, let’s take a checkpoint look at each AFC West team:

den.gif
Denver

Key pickups: Running back Willis McGahee, defensive tackle Ty Warren (he could be out for the year with a triceps injury), defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, defensive end Derrick Harvey, tight end Daniel Fells.

Key losses: Offensive tackle Ryan Harris.

Story of camp: There has been quarterback news nearly at a daily clip. The fallout is this: Kyle Orton is the starter, Brady Quinn looks like he has the edge to be the backup and second-year quarterback Tim Tebow is currently the third-stringer after a less-than-spectacular training camp. Don’t expect Denver to trade or cut Tebow. He should be in Denver this year, but perhaps as nothing more than a special-package player. Give credit to both Orton (who was nearly dealt to Miami right after the lockout ended) and to Quinn. Both have played well during the tumultuous time at the position.

Keep an eye on: Denver’s defense. The Broncos took a hit with Warren’s injury. He was the team’s big-ticket pickup and he was signed to give stability at the team’s weakest area. But the Broncos seem to have made some strides on defense this summer. The unit, which was No. 32 in the NFL last year, seems more aggressive and it has some playmakers. Pass-rushers Elvis Dumervil (back from missing all of last season with a pectoral injury) and No. 2 overall pick Von Miller look like they could give this unit life. It's clear new head coach John Fox has already positively affected this unit.

Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson's view: "Denver may be better than people realize. I don’t love the offense, but it will be OK. Defensively, I think they will be much better. I think the front office had a promising offseason as they rebuild.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Broncos will murk Oakland week 1...Ya dont want it this year

You guys were probably saying the same thing last year when we buried you, twice.
laugh.gif

I got season tickets as always for the Raiders with my brother and cousins so if any NT'ers are hitting the games holla at me and let's grab a beer or 5 there.

Originally Posted by zube42

You guys were probably saying the same thing last year when we buried you, twice.
laugh.gif

I got season tickets as always for the Raiders with my brother and cousins so if any NT'ers are hitting the games holla at me and let's grab a beer or 5 there.
You tailgate?(probably a stupid question.)

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

laugh.gif

You tailgate?(probably a stupid question.)

Not for every game but every now and then we do, I like it more than my fam but I told them we gotta tailgate more this year
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Key word: Last year

laugh.gif

You're right I forgot about the power moves y'all made this offseason

Can anyone tell me about Lito Sheppard? I don't know anything about him other than he used to be a Pro-Bowler.

The Chiefs are going to be terrible this year, the same
team? The offense is inept once again without Weiss.

Sorry Chiefs fans.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Can anyone tell me about Lito Sheppard? I don't know anything about him other than he used to be a Pro-Bowler.

He's better than Chris Johnson's bum %%!

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Sorry Chiefs fans.

I think this too. Dont mean to damper any Chiefs fans attitudes but I dont think they'll be as good this year. Besides, they're not a surprise any more.

Was big a couple years back. Started two games last year and that was it. This is more of a cushion for Johnson being out and DVD being in and out of practice.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Sorry Chiefs fans.

I think this too. Dont mean to damper any Chiefs fans attitudes but I dont think they'll be as good this year. Besides, they're not a surprise any more.
Not to mention week 11-15:
@NE
PIT
@CHI
@NYJ
GB

that 5-week schedule would be seriously brutal to any team.  That being said, that's definitely going to help the Chargers win the AFC West.
laugh.gif

Another week of preseason done, can't wait for the season to finally begin. That being said, our defense has been getting ****ing burned.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Sorry Chiefs fans.

Not to mention week 11-15:
@NE
PIT
@CHI
@NYJ
GB

that 5-week schedule would be seriously brutal to any team.  That being said, that's definitely going to help the Chargers win the AFC West.
laugh.gif

Yea they have a pretty rough 5 weeks in a row haha. I definitely only see them winning 2 of the 5 maybe only 1.

Another week of preseason done, can't wait for the season to finally begin. That being said, our defense has been getting ****ing burned.

No **it. Man, I'd die to see this team Blitz more.

[h2]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/a.espncdn.com/i/blog/afc.png">http://a.espncdn.com/i/blog/afc.png')">[/h2]
[h3]Evening AFC West notes[/h3]
August, 29, 2011
Aug 29

11:15

PM ET

By Bill Williamson

You have to wonder if the Kansas City Chiefs will consider going after safety James Sanders, who was cut by the New England Patriots. Chiefs’ general manager Scott Pioli was with the Patriots when Sanders was drafted and has brought in plenty of former Patriots to Kansas City the past two years. Sanders would fit in the Chiefs’ rotation at safety. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting Sanders is going to visit Atlanta.

Here is an AFC West preview from “NFL Live.

laugh.gif

You're right I forgot about the power moves y'all made this offseason

laugh.gif

sp-raiders26_PH_0502447057.jpg
102610-mcfadden-story.jpg

Back
Top Bottom