Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Trying to determine the demand on the Laneys.. Wondering if I can cop on a discount.... Doesn't seem like much demand. I don't think people even know there is a thread for them. :lol:

Yeah, might not since it doesn't have Laney in the title.. And, think I would have to get em at a discount too.

What Jordan 1 do you guys feel is the most overrated/underrated?

Curious to hear what you guys say.
Kinda inspired from what airthompson airthompson asked..

Since 2013 is coming to a close, I don't think we will be seeing any new colorways for the rest of this year. So that being said, what's your top 10(?) list for the OG branded 1s this year? Could be by quality, personal value, significance, whatever.

Mine:
10. Wilkins
9. Knicks
8. Celtics
7. Laneys
6. Shadows
5. Black and Gold PL
4. Black Toes
3. Royals
2. XQs
1. Black and Reds

Overrated- black & gold

Underrated- all white/all black
Those things can go with everything plus people were drooling over the japan 2001 all black ones.

I think the Knicks are highly underrated. The soft leather and the tongue like the royals feel so good on feet. I find myself wearing that pair quite a bit!

Underrated

'01 Blk Japan 1: Simple, all black, silver accents, blank heel, oval laces, & high quality pebbled leather. Maybe these aren't talked about like the rest of the '01s because they were exclusive to Japan. Always loved these.

'01 Metallic Silver: I always liked these. Only gripe is the metallic is a bit too loud over the neutral grey for my taste. I still think they're an awesome shoe that nobody talks about.

'85 Wht/Nvy: One of the most rare Jordan 1's in '85. They weren't produced in low numbers like the Lakers or Blk Golds, but they're rare like most of the non Bull color ways. But out of all the '85 GRs these don't get recognition they deserve.

Dave Whites: Yes there's a lot going on with the Dave White 1's. I even thought they were trash at first glance cuz they were too busy. But they're almost so busy they're simple, if that makes any sense. I can't be the only one who feels that way.

I was actually going to say the Black Japan I's as my underrated too at first :lol:

I went with the Metallic Silver pair from 2001 because I've found myself really wanting them in recent weeks.

I was actually going to say the Black Japan I's as my underrated too at first :lol:

I went with the Metallic Silver pair from 2001 because I've found myself really wanting them in recent weeks.

They're clean IMO. I had em never wore em. I would lk to find the hi top Japan versions

Overrated

These wouldn't be on the list if they were at least true to the OGs. Blk tongue tag with gold text, Non glittered outsole, and no gold stitching on the midsole. They're a awesome shoe, but if numbers were higher these would've sat.

'13 OG Royals: The '13 Royals are awesome, a classic without doubt, nice quality, details, and closer to the OGs out of the AJ1 retros. But I can't help but feel like they've been gassed up. Royals have been the topic of discussion in most 1 threads here on NT since they've dropped. If the numbers weren't so low people wouldn't put these too high on the pedestal.

Levi Jordan 1: Back when I first joined NT I remember these were the next big pack next to follow the DMP 6/11 pack. One of the most fabricated Jordan 1's in my recent memory. If I remember correctly they only dropped in Levi stores. They're still priced high for a ugly shoe IMO.

Jordan 1 XQ '07/'13: they're ok at best. Classic case of limited/overseas release. These are not all that IMHO.

Overrated i'm not sure. Royals, Black Toes, Banneds, those are the 3 I see people talk about the most, but I agree with the general line of thought that they're great colorways.
yeah.. those are popular OG colorways, not surprising it will get a lot of talk
Trying to determine the demand on the Laneys.. Wondering if I can cop on a discount.... Doesn't seem like much demand. I don't think people even know there is a thread for them.
laugh.gif
many people might think those are just the "1s" that always comes with every retro release.
laugh.gif

Royals are over rated....I have a pair but I still think that the limited stateside release made them "grails" for that reason alone. Most underrated goes to the hi pack that released a few years ago. They were all white based with one color (royal, red, yellow, carolina, navy, green). Very clean. Also, the cdp 1 doesn't get the love it deserves....a true hi top and simple og colorway.

Royals aren't overrated, because people liked them before knowing how limited they were and the prices.

Now black and gold patents...the majority of people hated them until they found our how limited they were and the prices.

That's how you tell what's an overrated release.

Like those 3Lab's...Bel Air's...time limited is attached opinions change

overrated and underrated is an opinion as well, personally i think limited shoes are overrated just because they are the hypebeasts life and people who want them cant have them and in that case id say royals and black/golds are overrated and underrated i would say is the Clovers/celtics whatever you want to call them. i love my pair and i love my royals but still think they get too much attention because the thirst is still out there.

For me it's easy: Royals, Breds, Black Toes, Black/Gold, Shadows, Knicks

Love the Knicks since that's my team but they aren't the easiest color way to wear on a daily basis

Underrated

'01 Blk Japan 1: Simple, all black, silver accents, blank heel, oval laces, & high quality pebbled leather. Maybe these aren't talked about like the rest of the '01s because they were exclusive to Japan. Always loved these.

See that's why I never understood why those all black mods didn't get love because to me it's the same shoe minus the siver wings logo

Last edited:
i didnt think the royals were overrated, people generally had a love for the classic cw even before they found out how limited they were. it was a must-cop for a lot of the older heads who had the 01's.

Dave Whites: Yes there's a lot going on with the Dave White 1's. I even thought they were trash at first glance cuz they were too busy. But they're almost so busy they're simple, if that makes any sense. I can't be the only one who feels that way.
Always liked the DW 1's in pics and when I finally got a chance to try them on I liked them even more. Quality is VERY nice. Unfortunately the store didn't have my size, but they're still on my list to pick up.

Most Overrated Air Jordan 1: Banned 1. I have a supreme love/hate for that particular shoe because of my immense love for the black/red 1 and the fact that they came out when 1's weren't being looked at and then out of nowhere prices skyrocketed overnight. The start of the NA craze :smh: almost had a DS pair for $420 now I can't even find em for less than a grand

Most Underrated Air Jordan 1: Shadow 1's. the shadows have been my favorite pair of of not only 1's but Air Jordan's since forever. I always thought the color blocking was too fresh. Black/Grey and white are just perfect colors on a shoe. I remember going to DTLR and picking up the '09 pair the day of release and have rocked/tortured those shoes to the point where my '13 have yet to see the light of day.

Honerable Mention- Ugliest Air Jordan 1: Leroy Smith Air Jordan 1 :x

Royals aren't overrated, because people liked them before knowing how limited they were and the prices.

True, but even more like them when they were found out to be limited. To me they're exaggerated, but that's just me.

Underrated

See that's why I never understood why those all black mods didn't get love because to me it's the same shoe minus the siver wings logo

No these have pebbled leather, are true highs, and blank heel. All black models are still nice, as are all whites.

Last edited:
I'm in full agreement with most of these Overrated choices. I would say the Shadows have started to get their due respect now though.

The mid all Black I's don't hold a candle to those Japan's :lol:
Almost forgot about the High Metallic Silver pair from Japan. Might see what resale is looking like on those. Probably :x

Back
Top Bottom