Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Sorry y'all I dropped that pic during my lunch break. Now I'm barely getting home. Here's the primary progression photos. @Zyzz the tongue I used was from a pair of donor Air Force 1s.

Removed tongue

Dyed sock liner, then deglazed the entire shoe.

Added a new coats of dulled Blk to match factory.

Added white base.

Followed by yellow.

Added the parachute tongue, dyed the NA tag, and lastly touched up the details. Thanks for the love guys. Really appreciate it. I worked hard on these.
whoah, knew it was going to be hard work, but this is just crazy.. props bro

^^^Thanks a lot y'all. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Please for the love of all things divine to a black toe into a chicago [emoji]128555[/emoji]

That was my plan last year when I got 3 pairs of Blk Toes. But after I ended up just using the Chicagos and did a tongue swap. Big mistake. I may do those down the line.

Last edited:
Man looking at those highlight reels with the dyed sock liner & un glossed they could have been so much better but man now I gotta look into a pair of new loves

Does anyone here own any of those AJKO premiums from 2011? I been thinking of picking up a pair but I am wondering is the quality as good as people say it is?
I just picked up my second pair from ebay Sunday.  I have the black and the graphite colorways.  I'm on the hunt for the cinder colorway to complete the set.  These sat on shelves back in 2011 and were heavily reduced.  I got my black pair for around $69.00 back then.  I just dropped $120 for the graphites.

The quality on these is amazing.  These could have dropped as BINs because they really are that special compared to a normal AJKO.

This is the image that sold me back in the day:

Just look at that quality leather.

I just picked up my second pair from ebay Sunday.  I have the black and the graphite colorways.  I'm on the hunt for the cinder colorway to complete the set.  These sat on shelves back in 2011 and were heavily reduced.  I got my black pair for around $69.00 back then.  I just dropped $120 for the graphites.
The quality on these is amazing.  These could have dropped as BINs because they really are that special compared to a normal AJKO.
This is the image that sold me back in the day:

Just look at that quality leather.
I second this...I have the dark cinder pair and they are hands down 1000% better quality than my Vegas, Shadow and b/red 1's...I could never find my size 9.5 when they were in stores, but about a year ago I got them for $110 in flight club...yup, below retail in flight club...They are extremely comfortable also..They use a very thick insole..love my pair

:smh: JB should have done a New love high top OG

airthompson airthompson killed it with those, my feels are at maximum level :smh: :pimp:

The literally look like you copped from retail.

airthompson airthompson what did you use for detailing the wings logo? btw amazing job on those, i also used that base to make my lakers custom but those are on another level, here is mine:

Just finished my New Love custom last week. Took awhile cuz I was in between moving into my new place. Enjoy guys, honest feedback will be appreciated. Step by step pics coming soon.

Holy Trinity Foursome

Old Love/New Love

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Just finished my New Love custom last week. Took awhile cuz I was in between moving into my new place. Enjoy guys, honest feedback will be appreciated. Step by step pics coming soon.

Holy Trinity Foursome

Old Love/New Love

airthompson airthompson what did you use for detailing the wings logo? btw amazing job on those, i also used that base to make my lakers custom but those are on another level, here is mine

I masked it off and used an extremely fine tip. Came out pretty good, but in the future I'll create a stencil to make it perfect.

possible to find royals for $500?

if i can find 2 pairs i think id buy both :x i just need these and call it a day

if i can find 2 pairs i think id buy both
sick.gif
i just need these and call it a day
definitely possible.  i found a pair closer to 400 a couple of weeks ago, but they are a half size too big.  hoping to swap at sneakercon this weekend, or they will be for sale.

I would grab 2 pair of royals in a size 10 at 500 a pop been looking for a couple months

if i can find 2 pairs i think id buy both :x i just need these and call it a day

definitely possible.  i found a pair closer to 400 a couple of weeks ago, but they are a half size too big.  hoping to swap at sneakercon this weekend, or they will be for sale.

all im seeing on ebay is nothing but fakes then ridiculous prices on legit ones

the fact that people are paying $400 for fakes :x

no
laugh.gif

im saying thats the only place i kno to look and its all ive seen.
i was checking a lot of the consignment shops regularly (sole supremacy, suplex, etc..) and eventually a pair popped up. 

no :lol:

im saying thats the only place i kno to look and its all ive seen.
i was checking a lot of the consignment shops regularly (sole supremacy, suplex, etc..) and eventually a pair popped up. 

yea i know of sole supremacy, ive sold some kicks to them but i havent see any royals. i was wondering how much they would sell em for

I masked it off and used an extremely fine tip. Came out pretty good, but in the future I'll create a stencil to make it perfect.
great idea, yeah its a pain in the butt to do the super small details and the pen i found with a fine tip crapped out on me after returning it twice so i did the best i could, great job again

Back
Top Bottom