Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Must have got an off pair of the All Stars, because mine are quite soft, and have read pretty much everyone else say the same. The black parts are better than the black parts on the 2016 bred, and the hornet coloured parts are nothing like Melo's at all.

Must have got an off pair of the All Stars, because mine are quite soft, and have read pretty much everyone else say the same. The black parts are better than the black parts on the 2016 bred, and the hornet coloured parts are nothing like Melo's at all.
Yeah, mine are s-a-w-f-t

Yeah, mine are s-a-w-f-t
Say it isn't so about Sole Supremacy
eek.gif

That's crazy, that's my go to consignment shop. I just hope it doesn't hurt their reputation. 
Just a reminder to customers to buy at your own risk if not directly from a retailer, and a reminder to the store to step up their authentication process

Yeah, mine are s-a-w-f-t

Unfortunately, I got a pair with one that's stiff and the other soft.. so they wear uneven.

Mine came fine, cept one of the soles have a little leak in the chameleon pattern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imo the material is soft not stiff and pleather-like. Ive worn mine pretty frequently and it has continually softened like any other 1. Wear yours without fear compadre. We only live once.

Yeah, mine are s-a-w-f-t

All I know is that I can literally "knock" on my toe boxes and ankle rise, it's that hard. This stuff isn't going to crease; it's going to fold.

Unfortunately, I got a pair with one that's stiff and the other soft.. so they wear uneven.

My top 3's came like this. Pretty annoying. So weird that it even happens. Only flaw on my AS1 was a glue mark right on the front of a black toe panel. Peeled it off and the color came right off with it dammit. First time Ive had an actual problem with glue stain. Usually they peel right off with no problems :/

My left foot is the only shoe the creases on my Banned 1s. The other foot's toe box is barely tumbled. It's weird having 1 shoe Mature while the other doesn't

Quality wise Top 3s are better than ASG 1s. I like Top 3s mainly since I still call them the "what the" 1s.

I know I'm going to get flamed by a bunch of people for this but I use sneaker shields in my shoes and they don't crease in such an ugly way. No offense but those shoes look horrible now in my personal opinion and I imagine you couldn't have worn them many times because the rest of it looks great. My Top 3's have started creasing a bit but its very faint and it's just where the laces begin so they're well hidden, otherwise they still look brand new. If any of you guys hate that creasing, try out some sneaker shields, I was skeptical but I find that they preserve shoes really well. 

Then again there are guys that think shoes don't look good until they're creased so if you're one of those, you're good to go. To each his own. 

if i im 8.5 and wanna tongue swap with a 10.5 how is gonna look like?

just longer or wider too?

Last edited:
Worn 1s are the best 1s
Beat 1s go to another level
If any ya'll do "shoe shields" lol, don't plop em in the 1, let it ******* live, simple leather upper stitched to a simple rubber midsole is gone/done... save those "shields" for anything else

What are '94 chicagos going for these days? I saw a pair lightly worn, a little yellowing with original box included for around $500. That seems a little high IMO just because of how much people are paying for recent retros. I figured the OG/older market would've gone down since there isn't as much desire for em when people are spending 550 on SBBs and 1k+ on fragments..

edit: created a price check thread. http://niketalk.com/t/660672/1994-chicago-1-price-check Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
some beat pair of atlantas (highlight reels) that i copped for $50. also had my eye out for carmines, since they have the same tongues.

They do, but they're not the remastered tongues.

The black/red 1.5s have a decent tongue for the swap but it's not as padded.

Ideally, one would want to use a pair of black yin yangs or cyber mondays and swap the Nike Air tag with a pair of black/red lows. That's how I had mine done.

To each his own.

:smile:

Worn 1s are the best 1s
Beat 1s go to another level
If any ya'll do "shoe shields" lol, don't plop em in the 1, let it ******* live, simple leather upper stitched to a simple rubber midsole is gone/done... save those "shields" for anything else
That's cool if that's your opinion but not everyone shares it. They're a good option for those of us that want to keep the shoes looking new for as long as possible. I tend to stop wearing stuff once it looks worn out like that ^.  

some pairs of storm blues and navy metallics had the one soft, one stiff toe box as well. it's just a jb problem. they don't make the left and right shoe of each pair at the same time, so different qualities of leather get mixed together sometimes. I'd be disappointed too, for a $160+ shoe you'd expect better.

and it's not just leather quality but sometimes even the color doesn't match, like my left shoe for my breds is a little darker than my right. 

if you can I'd exchange that pair of all stars, honestly it looks bad

Back
Top Bottom