Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm bout to sound like a hater, but I'm happy as hell yall didnt. After NYC basically being the only city where ppl could cop the Kaws joints I would've been tight if they gave y'all satins the next day.

NYC gets a lot of sneaker love already. I don't care if they give it to newcomerstown, OH. as long as someone else gets to eat for a change.

/rant.

I understand the frustration but understand that the majority of regular 9-5 NYers don't eat on these releases. Know where I was during the satin release? Work. :lol: My friend won his size in the kaws at the event in the Brooklyn museum. They sold all the pairs to VIP's. :lol: So just because NY gets stuff doesn't mean we're eating. These resellers make a living off that ****, and my rent is too high lol

Last edited:
the 718 truth the 718 truth I respect that bruh, but you have to understand that the fact that certain resellers are even able to make the kind a living they do off of just sneakers that are more accessible in NYC is a privledge.

I'm the same way as you (I'm assuming older with more responsibilities) so there's no way in hell I'd be lining up like that's regularly anyways but **** even having the option every now and then would be nice.

From my understanding Nike basically handed over multiple pairs of Kaws joints straight to bigger NYC resellers/ VIPs Friday. I can't get jiggy with that.

And also I got some questions, is the quality /material on shadows 2009 anywhere near the remastered releases? Is a sz 12 BNIB pair of 2009 shadows worth 300$ ? Would like to hear some input while waiting for local FB seller to provide more pics..

Thanks.

The 2009 Shadow's are the real deal. One of the best 1s as far as materials go.

sneakaprince sneakaprince I agree with you from that standpoint. It's sucks that other places don't get the chance but unfortunately that's the culture that they've cultivated here.

Responsibilities have definitely taken precedence over everything for me. Got my reserved pair from FA on Saturday and ran home to grab flowers for my wife and take my son to the park.

I'm glad satin royals didn't drop here. My boy said that after they "sold out" of the kaws they took his information and his size but I highly doubt anything is going to come from that.

Best part of the video is when old dude is ranting and screams "Who the f*ck voted for this guy?!".....Asian mom with the stroller pulls up with the deer-in-the-headlights look and keeps on walking
laugh.gif

Main reason why I don't do fcfs or like to stand in line anymore, people get stupid real fast over nothing. Especially with this kids now a days that think they are entitled to things.

Sorry for asking but exactly what happened in that video? Fcfs spot that only let the dude that asked the supreme question in? Or was that a line for unclaimed pairs?

The dude in the thumbnail arguing with the security guard is NY's biggest reseller, no gas. I see him every release on any hyped item.

Never heard of or seen dude, but I don't go to sneaker releases. Plug or SNKRS only, no time for the other nonsense.

Sorry for asking but exactly what happened in that video? Fcfs spot that only let the dude that asked the supreme question in? Or was that a line for unclaimed pairs?

Unclaimed pairs. That dude was inside cause his boy robbed some dude's pair inside the store

very underrated due to jumpman and non-visible wings logo. love my pair and they only get better wear after wear.
those are in my top 5, really want to find a pair in my size, been stalking ebay for a while now just waiting haha

Never was that big of a fan of shadows. Easy pass. Not worth the time and effort for neutral color 1s. Would rather pick up something loud.

Also in your video I noticed the guy who asked him how he felt about supreme was that bape guy who was harassing supreme wearers

Real talk. Got my tbs day one... kicked around caught the city blue jig returned em to Nike for my difference
Exactly if you need em first day cop from Nike, might lose out on footlocker VIP discount but you'll save in the long run

Is it me or does it seem like releases like Satins and Kaws are pretty much only worn by celebrities who are worth millions?

You never seen average Joe rocking super limited shoes like that because 99.9% of people need/want the money those sneakers are worth much more than the shoes themselves.

SNKRS screwed me twice. At 10am, it had me choose my address and verify payment, even though my accounts were set up already.. ordered those wack vapor maxs without any issue but of course for a shoe I wanted it acted up.

Two ATCs came through for me, in total I walked away with 3 pairs for $250 each. Above retail but I couldn't be mad at that price especially since I'm pretty much paying that price for ultraboost these days.

1 collection is almost done, all I need are shadows. Everything else I can wait for sales to cop. Crazy I paid $299 for reversed Shattered on release day and $250 for Royals on release.

Which ATCs did you use?

Back
Top Bottom