Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Also really glad to see new pics of a new AJ1. Outside of ,etallic reds and wheats it looks like a slow rest of the year for AJ1s

That sandwich bag, X laces of doom, and lace bag on the wrong shoe :nerd: [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Nice cw nevertheless

Last edited:
Tell me if I'm wildin but what if the collar had the brownish leather like the OG timbs do, would it look good? (Photoshop pros please try this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the AF1 deconstruct wheats which I love. Likely not a cop for me. I don't like the white midsole

Leather quality on the Frags is really similar to the 2016 Black Toes. At the time Frags felt really good when compared to how stiff the 2015 Chicago's were strait out of the box. Although when comparing the Frags (when they were new) to the recent Banned and Royals, then the 'out of the box' leather softness of the Banned and Royals wins hands down. I've worn my Frags and Chicago so much at this point they feel just as good as the recent Banned and Royals, they just had a longer 'break in' period. 
Numerous people talk about the stiffness of the CHI 1 leather. I guess my pair was an anomaly. The red leather on my Chi ones are some of the softest smooth leather that I have on all of my OG 1s. It's actually too soft on the toes because it creases even with SneakerShields. I actually wish they were as stiff as Royals or Breds. 

Tell me if I'm wildin but what if the collar had the brownish leather like the OG timbs do, would it look good? (Photoshop pros please try this)
it doesnt look like leather more like nubuck

Edit: my apologies Gordonson-san 

Last edited:

I think dark brown leather for the ankle would be interesting. I'd love to see a PS of it as well.

I'm a fan of them as they are though, but I don't know if I'm enough of a fan to bite for retail.

Last edited:
...You didn't actually read his post, did you?
laugh.gif

I think dark brown leather for the ankle would be interesting. I'd love to see a PS of it as well.

I'm a fan of them as they are though, but I don't know if I'm enough of a fan to bite for retail.
damb i misread the post my b

That sandwich bag, X laces of doom, and lace bag on the wrong shoe :nerd: [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Nice cw nevertheless

you're right, i found this posted on IG and he said they're fakes, but this is what they will look like. Also said were possibly getting metallic maroons along with metallic reds

Aren't these timbs-*** 1's actually fake? X-Laced, and sandwich bag laces... I know they've been switching **** up with laces, but this is a normal tell tale of early fakes...

My mind is also blown by some of the discussions of leather and quality lately... Ive read a few comments here of people saying 2015 Chicagos are stiff... Literally the first time I have ever read this in two years. The red on those is the softest of any full grain leather on any remastered jordan shoe.

And now people acting like Breds and Royals are the top shelf of remasters... Sure that tumble is soft, but the black is plastic... Chicagos, UNC, Cyber Monday, Black Toes... All of those are far superior to Breds or Royals in terms of leather softness and quality. Which is a shame cause Breds and Royals are arguably the better colorways.

My mind is also blown by some of the discussions of leather and quality lately... Ive read a few comments here of people saying 2015 Chicagos are stiff... Literally the first time I have ever read this in two years. The red on those is the softest of any full grain leather on any remastered jordan shoe.

And now people acting like Breds and Royals are the top shelf of remasters... Sure that tumble is soft, but the black is plastic... Chicagos, UNC, Cyber Monday, Black Toes... All of those are far superior to Breds or Royals in terms of leather softness and quality. Which is a shame cause Breds and Royals are arguably the better colorways.
Repped. Couldn't agree more. I'd even be tempted to throw the lasers up there strictly in terms of leather quality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom