Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
didn't realize that the top3s prices are going up!! Why?!! Did one of these celebrities wear a pair or something?!

Just got these in today, so blessed to finally have my favourite OG 1 cw for 235 US shipped (internationally as well). Couldn't care less that 1 swoosh is tumbled and the other 3 aren't [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Definitely throwing these on feet for the next non-rainy day

Where did you get them for $235??

So is changing the tongue an easy thing to do? I see a lot of tongue talks in here. [emoji]128539[/emoji]

In my honest opinion, I personally believe the Adidas trend with BOOST shoes is the reason for the Triple-Black/Triple-White colorways.  Adidas has recently been releasing Triple-Black/Triple-White colorways for their Ultraboosts, and they sold out like hot cakes.

That's why you seen Nike/JB starting to follow this trend.........EVEN THOUGH they have had All-Black/All-White colorways for their Air Force 1s for years already (hell, AJ1 mids have all-white/all-black colorways, and they ain't any different from this TB colorway for this OG 1 silhouette).

Labeling it "Triple-Black" seems to be an advertisement scheme from Nike/JB, since Adidas's usage of "Triple-Black" got them to sell out more UBs due to it.
Nah, I still disagree. Nike and Jordan have always been doing all black for retros. Black cat 3s/4s, black 10s with the white jumpman on the back (all black enough, right?), Japan 1 all black, master 12s, all black 1 mids have been on shelves for the last year or two, not to mention true flights and other non-retro Jordans that are consistently in all black. With Nike, you've got huaraches, prestos, roshes, air monarchs. The lists are endless. Bottom line is, the companies don't call it triple black. adidas.com has zero results for triple black. People and media outlets call it triple black. I worked briefly at a finishline last year and everyone needed all white or all black shoes for some reason or another.

Last edited:
So is changing the tongue an easy thing to do? I see a lot of tongue talks in here. [emoji]128539[/emoji]
I do the tounge tag swap myself and then take my shoes to have the tounge itself swaped for $30. It saves a lot a time. It takes me a few hours with the needle and thread for the tags, but I take my time to get it right.

Last edited:

Wouldnt it be a bit easier to just paint your black toes tongue with angelus?  
It's easy enough and I have done a few tongue paintings ... overall I went with a tongue swap for my BTs because I didn't want to worry about having to do touchups or sun fading or getting the right flat look on the parachute material over the years. 

Bring these Nike

These can be found pretty cheap. However, the jewel will crack or become unglued and the midsole glue will deteriorate (but will still be wearable). I finally threw mine out a year or two ago after wearing them to the death, I even balled in them.

Last edited:
So kicking around the idea of picking up the off-white 1s for tradebait.....curious for those with frags/or Banneds ('11) would you trade for the off-whites? and of course if cash needs to be added how much would get you to move to a trade? 

Gatesmarke just got money, man. I listened to him talk about his collection on youtube, he has everything you might want, but I'd probably guess most of us on NT here know a lot more about the shoes he has than he does. Absolutely no hate on what he's got, but if you're gonna drop all that money, try and drop some knowledge, too. Anyway I'm just being petty. Shoutout to Staten Island  though. (and nah I'm not too salty or jealous, I'm good with what shoes I have)

Collection video:

edit: ugh he said shattered backboards brought back the tumbled leather from OG 1s.

Last edited:
So kicking around the idea of picking up the off-white 1s for tradebait.....curious for those with frags/or Banneds ('11) would you trade for the off-whites? and of course if cash needs to be added how much would get you to move to a trade? 
You ain't getting either why would someone trade those 2 for that [emoji]128514[/emoji] Imho

Back
Top Bottom