Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
************* wanna be seen/noticed nowadays,they wanna stunt...quality/history/sentimental value has gone out the window in the "shoe game"

Nah, I still disagree. Nike and Jordan have always been doing all black for retros. Black cat 3s/4s, black 10s with the white jumpman on the back (all black enough, right?), Japan 1 all black, master 12s, all black 1 mids have been on shelves for the last year or two, not to mention true flights and other non-retro Jordans that are consistently in all black. With Nike, you've got huaraches, prestos, roshes, air monarchs. The lists are endless. Bottom line is, the companies don't call it triple black. adidas.com has zero results for triple black. People and media outlets call it triple black. I worked briefly at a finishline last year and everyone needed all white or all black shoes for some reason or another.

Yeah all black and all white shoes have been around for decades.

People forget that the NBA used to have really strict rules on what players could wear without fines (predominantly black or white) and most NBA players didn't have MJ's contract where Nike (or a similar shoe company) would pay their fines.

I think now that people have been going back to monotone styles (because they are easier to pull off under Instagram filters) and athletic wear like joggers/yoga pants-men and women are going for monotone sneakers to go with these respective looks.

Kind of hilarious when you think, just 5 years ago or so, crazy, colorful prints were all the rage (Galaxy/Space Foams, anyone?).

Restock GS All-Star 1's on Nike

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-big-kids-shoe/pid-11477913/pgid-11985535

Last edited:
You ain't getting either why would someone trade those 2 for that [emoji]128514[/emoji] Imho
After seeing Virgil's Met Gala swag of these ... thought there's a 'highbrow' hypebeast whose has a gently worn or DS pair of Frags (or Banneds) they are willing to offload for the latest-greatest. For me I just figure if I can swing a retail pair and add a little cash it might be cheaper than going the resell route.
You never know nowadays. Hypes a crazy thing.
true enough ... hype is one hell of a drug  
roll.gif

Watch they will bring out those 23 quality banneds for a special release in couple of yrs. They will keep selling out

Checked out the All Star 1's from a dude wanting to sell his pair but ended up passing on them. They aight but I like the Craig Stecyk 1's much better. I think the iridescence is similar but more keen to black with that color blocking

That FF pair looks so buttery.

For $160 dollars, one would think this is the type of quality JB should be giving us.

IMO it's almost like a slap in the face when they do stuff like this.

It is what it is tho. I'm content with my Reggie Bush pairs. :smokin

that quality is worth first week resale imo, top tier full grain leather sneakers for $160 is a great deal lol

For $160 dollars, one would think this is the type of quality JB should be giving us.

It is what it is tho. I'm content with my Reggie Bush pairs. :smokin

Co-sign

There is no way they could possibly scale that kind of quality to full scale releases with their current resources though. They would have to either invest more in production (which they don't want to do) or release fewer pairs (which they also don't want to do).

Last edited:
There is no way they could possibly scale that kind of quality to full scale releases with their current resources though. They would have to either invest more in production (which they don't want to do) or release fewer pairs (which they also don't want to do).

But they're doing it now tho. They've been putting decent stuff on retro+'s and other releases for a minute now. It doesn't have to be exactly like the FF pairs. Plus, it's not like JB cranking out OG styled 1's in holiday numbers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom