Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My boy told me the Wings turn black with wear, which is weird to me. Why would they go from Bronze to Black?

Based on that description up there, it's black leather base with gold paint on top of it.

So this image of a black shoe is actually what it looks like before it gets painted gold.

air-jordan-1-wings-release-info-detailed-images-01.jpg

Last edited:
Took yet another L. So far, I've lost

-wings 1
-Atmos AM 90
-master AM1
-wings 12
-chicago 1
-black ovo 12

I know there are plenty more that I'm forgetting about. The only draw I've won was the maroon 6s and that's because no one wanted them

Based on that description up there, it's black leather base with gold paint on top of it.

So this image of a black shoe is actually what it looks like before it gets painted gold.

I think a lot of us assumed that we would get the black shoe in the box which would eventually fade away to bronze. Unfortunately theres already some pics floating around the net where people are getting their wings and they already come Bronzed, meaning either they come pre distressed or they fade to black. Both of which made this shoe an easy pass.

This color change to black turns me off this colorway. Lance Mountains are better concept and execution...

LM's are more limited also.

I'm not seeing Wings 1s on the rep sites, so they may not have fakes of these available yet. I AM seeing Off-Whites, though, so stay woke...

It's too early to tell obviously but if JB will be doing the Wings edition for every Jordan's (1-13) and you're a fan of this concept or a completist, then I think it's bet to keep your pair. This is a one off and will never be retroed again.

I'm not seeing Wings 1s on the rep sites, so they may not have fakes of these available yet. I AM seeing Off-Whites, though, so stay woke...

The Off whites you been seeing on IG and blogs were fakes :lol:

For the most part you see fakes first hand

I think a lot of us assumed that we would get the black shoe in the box which would eventually fade away to bronze. Unfortunately theres already some pics floating around the net where people are getting their wings and they already come Bronzed, meaning either they come pre distressed or they fade to black. Both of which made this shoe an easy pass.

How are they getting these when its a Nike only release?

How are they getting these when its a Nike only release?

Lol you must be new around here. Some people have connects others are "gifted" pairs by nike....

I have no doubt that some pairs are fakes but if you look even just a page or two back there's legit pairs with boxes posted.

This color change to black turns me off this colorway. Lance Mountains are better concept and execution...

LM's are more limited also.
Uh, how do you know that LM are more limited? I can bet all my money on you don't.

Uh, how do you know that LM are more limited? I can bet all my money on you don't.
No official numbers came out for the LM's, it was a total guess. I'm sure there are similar numbers to these...

The production quantity doesn't change the fact that Nike executed those better.

Take a look at the eyelets on the black shoe. You can see traces of gold underneath the black paint. My 2 cents is they come black and all these pics are throwing everyone off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom