Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Man the more I hear this the more sure I'll pass, told myself moving forward that I'll no longer buy releases that people claim "looks better in person than pictures" :smh:

Yeah I feel ya - I wanted them from the get go because I liked them but seeing them in person made me like them even more, they just look better in person.

After reading the past few pages of this thread, I just want to say... As an owner of many 1's, including the SBB... You guys saying the SBB is better quality than the breds and royals are either crazy or are trying to justify the amount of money you spent on them. Literally the same quality as every other RECENT remastered 1. The edges of the leather cuts just aren't as smooth. Kind of gives them a "real" vibe that could be confused with quality.

Or... You could look at it as being sloppy leather work compared to every other 1 that has ever come out.

Not hating, I love mine and all. They are a neat Halloween shoe. LOL. Also looks dope with Bengals gear. Who dey.

After reading the past few pages of this thread, I just want to say... As an owner of many 1's, including the SBB... You guys saying the SBB is better quality than the breds and royals are either crazy or are trying to justify the amount of money you spent on them. Literally the same quality as every other RECENT remastered 1. The edges of the leather cuts just aren't as smooth. Kind of gives them a "real" vibe that could be confused with quality.

Or... You could look at it as being sloppy leather work compared to every other 1 that has ever come out.

Not hating, I love mine and all. They are a neat Halloween shoe. LOL. Also looks dope with Bengals gear. Who dey.
You're about to open up a huge can of worms by saying this
laugh.gif

the best leather I've ever felt is these bad boys [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

*Hides

Last edited:
Outside of the BIN series or other limited/lux series like pinnacle, we haven't seen anything premium from Jordan. I think tumbled leather creates some sort of illusion of perfect quality. Shattered backboard are the same as royals and black/reds and reverse shattered and all that. It's funny that shattered backboards are flaunted as the pinnacle of Jordan 1 and sneaker leather quality when there were literally pinnacle Jordan 1s made. Old photo from when I first got them (they were used and have gotten a lot of wear since):

Last edited:
i judge based off thickness coupled with softness. for instance, everyone was saying laser 1s were great quality bc they were so soft. but i didn't think they were all that great bc the leather was paper thin. again, in terms of quality, there is not a 1 that i know of that is on par with '17 BHM. the whole upper is plush, not just select panels.

You lost your voice in here when you decided creases didn't look nice one 1s :evil:
and my stance will NEVER change on that. i don't see how anyone could argue that creases make ANY shoe look better. all that, "it adds character" nonsense is straight up laughable. the cleaner, fresher and newer a shoe looks, the better. how is this even debatable?

there is not a 1 that i know of that is on par with '17 BHM. the whole upper is plush, not just select panels.
2017 BHM's are definitely a top quality shoe, and have the absolute best leather all over the entire shoe out of the 1s I do own (SBBs, Royals, Breds, Black Toes, Cyber Mondays, Lasers). I don't know how the BHMs compare to Frags or 2011 Banneds since I don't own those.
frags are not on par with BHMs, i can confirm this. i don't have '11 banneds tho so i can't definitively say, but my guess would be that banneds aren't BHM quality either.

i judge based off thickness coupled with softness. for instance, everyone was saying laser 1s were great quality bc they were so soft. but i didn't think they were all that great bc the leather was paper thin. again, in terms of quality, there is not a 1 that i know of that is on par with '17 BHM. the whole upper is plush, not just select panels.

You lost your voice in here when you decided creases didn't look nice one 1s :evil:
and my stance will NEVER change on that. i don't see how anyone could argue that creases make ANY shoe look better. all that, "it adds character" nonsense is straight up laughable. the cleaner, fresher and newer a shoe looks, the better. how is this even debatable?

You lost your stance when you went NTDenim :evil:

Outside of the BIN series or other limited/lux series like pinnacle, we haven't seen anything premium from Jordan. I think tumbled leather creates some sort of illusion of perfect quality. Shattered backboard are the same as royals and black/reds and reverse shattered and all that. It's funny that shattered backboards are flaunted as the pinnacle of Jordan 1 and sneaker leather quality when there were literally pinnacle Jordan 1s made. Old photo from when I first got them (they were used and have gotten a lot of wear since):
as a lady sneakerhead i definetly know that the idea of tumbling among the pocketbook buying crowd is that it is lesser than quality -- the belief is inferior leather is used and the faux tumbling is done to hide the cheaper leather. Vachetta tans are a great option and definetly upset I slept on them for the Chocolate Pinnacles option instead. 

I dont like any of my shoes to look brand new. I feel like a f-boy wearing prestine shoes. I dont want mud caked up and stains everywhere but I like creases and light yellowing. Its like wanting your raw denim to look brand new forever, break that **** in and make them unique... Just my view on it.

I dont like any of my shoes to look brand new. I feel like a f-boy wearing prestine shoes. I dont want mud caked up and stains everywhere but I like creases and light yellowing. Its like wanting your raw denim to look brand new forever, break that **** in and make them unique... Just my view on it.

I feel this way about white chucks, which have always been my go to shoes for casual wear. Can't stand When they're new, I like them a little worn and a few marks here and there. More comfortable broken in too.

Last edited:
Gonna post a pic of my Chicagos when I get home, insanely beat and even scratches in the leather... Love em that way and wouldnt want them to look brand new if I had the option.

@CharmCityKid
so what do you do, wear a pair of shoes five times and throw em out/sell em? Or obsessively clean them?

i clean my kicks after every other wear or so. i have so many that it's almost impossible to beat them as i rotate so each so only gets worn a few time year. i also am a well know proponent of force fields as it all but totally eliminates creasing. with the extreme retail prices along with not the best quality, these things are necessary to extend the life and value of your kicks. once a shoe gets a certain amount of wear, whether it be paint cracking, creasing or heel drag, yea i sell it. of course if we are selling a shoe we wanna get what we can get for it and the way to do that is keeping them fresh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom