Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
frags are not on par with BHMs, i can confirm this. i don't have '11 banneds tho so i can't definitively say, but my guess would be that banneds aren't BHM quality either.

You my guy, and I know u said you don't have '11 banneds...but chill dawg :lol:

Leather is crazy top to bottom.

Outside of the BIN series or other limited/lux series like pinnacle, we haven't seen anything premium from Jordan. I think tumbled leather creates some sort of illusion of perfect quality. Shattered backboard are the same as royals and black/reds and reverse shattered and all that. It's funny that shattered backboards are flaunted as the pinnacle of Jordan 1 and sneaker leather quality when there were literally pinnacle Jordan 1s made. Old photo from when I first got them (they were used and have gotten a lot of wear since):

Somebody finally has the guts to place another AJ1 above the almighty powerful SBB. Vachetta Tan leather smokes the SBB's.[emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji]

Sails would be fire with a light grey outsole or something. Really can't stand all while soles anymotr :smh:

Sails would be fire with a light grey outsole or something. Really can't stand all while soles anymotr
mean.gif
Agreed. Light grey or gum sole would be really nice. 

I actually wish the metallic series had sail leather to give it that vintage look. 

After reading the past few pages of this thread, I just want to say... As an owner of many 1's, including the SBB... You guys saying the SBB is better quality than the breds and royals are either crazy or are trying to justify the amount of money you spent on them. Literally the same quality as every other RECENT remastered 1. The edges of the leather cuts just aren't as smooth. Kind of gives them a "real" vibe that could be confused with quality.

Or... You could look at it as being sloppy leather work compared to every other 1 that has ever come out.

Not hating, I love mine and all. They are a neat Halloween shoe. LOL. Also looks dope with Bengals gear. Who dey.

I strongly disagree with this sentiment

Just because it's pebbled doesn't mean it's the same

And maybe you got a bad pair [shrug]

to add to another post by an AJ1 Fam previously about top 1s, here's my top 5:

1. Black White OG 2014 --- the more I wear these the more I love em. Buttery soft all around and the best leather on a AJ1 I have ever owned (note I only started getting into AJ1 in 2014)

2. Lance Mountain Black -- leather is above average (wouldn't say as good as #1) and the concept is ballin'
3. SBB 1 -- Leather is good, but highly overrated. It's better than 2016/2017 Jordan quality...but not better than #1/#2 on my list. The color blocking on these....just, damn love these things. 
4. BT 2016 -- Leather is one of the best out of the 2016 release and just a good all around color blocking. 
5. Banned 2016 -- Leather is very average ... and pretty disappointing with the quality. It's a fairly cheap shoe, but that red and black ..... can't miss it. 

Honorable: Top 3, Storm Blue

I have many other AJ1 but just listing tops for now. If I would have gotten the Chis during that release ... they would probably be in top 3.

These are slept on.

These were my best quality ones from the 2013/2014 batch of NA tongues(Fragments are the one I don't have)

Last edited:
I have the BWs from the CDP pack ... wondering for those who might have this and the 2014 BW if there's a big difference? figured I would wait for the remastered version...but if the 'remastered' turns out to be the suede/leather option a few pages back then I might want to snap up a 2014 at the right price. 

the 2014 are very nice. but, like all 1s with black based parts, there is a glitter issue.

I wasn't impressed when I first saw these, but those pictures 
eek.gif

What some might be missing is the ribbed ankle collar.

A subtle detail, but it's a subtle shoe and I thought that was a nice touch.

Off white with red NA on the tongue gives this shoe a vintage feel. I like it.
In on these.

When a 1 has a white outsole or contrast stitching you couldn't pay me to buy them.. I tried it with CMs and regretted it immediately, never again...

Back
Top Bottom