Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
you're right, they're simply opinions with no substance. post some facts about number of collabs, then you might be able to actually substantiate your claims. Until then, they're just your opinions.

When did I say they weren't my opinions?

You don't strike me as ignorant, so apologies in advance for the condescension, but are you really trying to say Nike has more collabs (in terms of outside designers) in the past year than Adidas? If you really don't believe me, I suppose I could post the numbers but I thought this was already accepted as fact.

I would LOVE to see Nike take this approach more but the old guys who make these decisions at Nike rather pump out more retros weekly.

because you cant release collabs every week and expect longevity with your brand.
nike has a 10-20 year plan. not a 6 month/lets do everything now plan

i'm not sure what else adidas can do after collab'n with every tier zero boutique within a years span

NMDs are cold. UltraBoost are cold. Their recent collabs are cold.

what else do you think they can do? There's only 1 kanye

because you cant release collabs every week and expect longevity with your brand.
nike has a 10-20 year plan. not a 6 month/lets do everything now plan

i'm not sure what else adidas can do after collab'n with every tier zero boutique within a years span

NMDs are cold. UltraBoost are cold. Their recent collabs are cold.

what else do you think they can do? There's only 1 kanye

C'mon man, Nike has WAAAAAY more leverage than Adidas does-they could easily have high visibility collabs lined up for every month for 10 years straight if they wanted to.

For whatever reason, Nike is overly selective with their collabs and giving up any creative control. I believe that was one of the reasons Kanye left Nike for Adidas (although I personally believe he primarily left over royalties).

Never mind…

byeee.gif

I wanna believe that we won't get another bred retro for like 6 years but Nike has been dropping that shoe pretty consistently for the last 10 years or so. We've legit had like 5 different variations of Bred 1 releases since 08.

Straps
DMP
Banned

At this point it's anybody's guess when the next retro happens but I'm inclined to believe it's before Trump leaves office (which is sad)

I want to believe we would get one soon. Just retro all of the dope colors consistently if I had a choice.

Frankly, I'd still go with the Lance Mountains - I'm biased in that they're one of my favorite pairs, but someone also had a good point: black/reds have been retro'd a thousand times and will continue to be. LM's are a pretty unique pair and hell, you still get a black/red in there. Black LM's are pretty subtle if you keep the black laces in despite the mismatch.

True. I'm leaning towards banned cuz I know I will wear them more right now and I want both LM so I'm probably gonna try to find a package deal where I can get both at once.

I think the Flyknit Jordan 1s are a metaphor for all of Nike/JBs creative problems right now... Instead of innovating and taking risks like Adidas is doing, they just throw a bunch of crap that is already popular (Flyknit, AJ 1, Bred cw) together and call it a day lol
While I do agreee with you in a way you wouldn't believe the demand for flyknt incorporated shoes. From air forces to air maxes the basic consumer wants more comfort and will gladly pay for it. It's not the newest innovation but it's working great.

Edit: I see your other posts, may have misinterpretated your original post

I am not going to get into a discussion with you about production costs, retail price, resale value, and personal value. I'm sure you can find enough information about that in the thousands of pages in this thread already. I gave the person who asked a question about a pair of Lance Mountain 1s, a pair that I own, an opinion based on my experience of shopping for that shoe and paying an after-market resale price. Thank you for reading and I hope you can understand the variables that influence shoe prices.
I'm quite sure personal value is at the top of list for buying used shoes over retail. Am I the only person on this thread that feels paying over retail for used shoes is ridiculous?

I'm looking to break into that industry. I'm hoping one of the bigger companies take a chance on new young designers

I'm quite sure personal value is at the top of list for buying used shoes over retail. Am I the only person on this thread that feels paying over retail for used shoes is ridiculous?

You're not the only one but if it can save you several hundred dollars off a new pair and looks lightly worn or brand new would anyone else know but you?

The Black toes I bought the other day were used for 260 shipped but had a black tongue swap. If i bought them for retail at 160, bought another donor pair of jordan for the black tongue and then paid to get them swapped, my price would be way above 260. So for me that was a no-brainer and made it that much easier to have the shoes in hand exactly the way I wanted.

If you want, check out the pics I posted and tell me if you think they look terribly used. I don't mind paying slightly over retail for a used shoe if it's one I really want. Try to find a DS pair of Lance Mountains that isn't crazy expensive, but buying used can save you $100-200.

I recently had the revelation that many ppl on NT have where I want quality over quantity now. I'm trying to sell some of my pairs cuz I don't need 25+ and don't need every new release. I have the silhouettes I will buy and keep AJ 1,3,11 and kobe 9,11 and then a random Nike collab/ACG hear and there.

15 pairs you absolutely love is better than 50 pairs that you like.

I'm looking to break into that industry. I'm hoping one of the bigger companies take a chance on new young designers

It seems like Nike has a TON of red tape. Based on my previous, very-limited experience (college internship in the fashion industry) there is typically always some sort of disconnect between the finance/business arm of a company and the creative/marketing side. I think the bigger the company is, the harder that disconnect becomes to address because, especially when it is public, there has to be a good-great business case for whatever is done. On top of that, the culture of the company itself is dictated at the top so if "we gotta appease the shareholders by beating our sales forecasts and showing growth" is more important than "we should take more creative risks and try to make the brand even more appealing" that's going to be how it is.

I did know that, and I believe they left, in part, because of some of the issues with Nike as a company that I had mentioned before.

You must agree that some of the bold moves in design that Adidas is taking is reformatted/tweaked from Nike designs.

Original:
adidas-originals-womens-flashback-bb5324-black-white-1.jpg

a Nike version that looks identical to Roshe:
1.jpg

Btw I am not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with your views. Personally I think with fast fashion, social media, and the modern consumer all brands will blend and for the most part look alike.

You must agree that some of the bold moves in design that Adidas is taking is reformatted/tweaked from Nike designs.

Original:
adidas-originals-womens-flashback-bb5324-black-white-1.jpg

a Nike version that looks identical to Roshe:
1.jpg

Btw I am not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with your views. Personally I think with fast fashion, social media, and the modern consumer all brands will blend and for the most part look alike.

Oh for sure, I hate Roshes and Nike Frees (precursor to FKTs and FKRs) but those shoes were revolutionary. Adidas definitely took inspiration from the minimalist design of those respective shoes.

Back
Top Bottom