Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Sold a pair of shoes so now i have some house money to play with. Thinking about pulling the trigger on another pair but need help deciding between the two.

Banned or Black Lance Mountains?

Difference between the two is $10 and both in very good condition.
I take it good condition is used don't pay over retail.

Sold a pair of shoes so now i have some house money to play with. Thinking about pulling the trigger on another pair but need help deciding between the two.

I'm guessing you mean 2016 black/red, not 2011 banned? If so, it's still your preference. I haven't been paying attention to 2016 black/red prices, but Lance Mountains have been going for much cheaper as far as I've seen. You shouldn't be paying over $275 for worn IMO. Just trying to help you gauge what would be a better deal.

Whichever one you like more.
If it's a tie, maybe flip a coin?

I think it'll be a few years before we get another black red 1 retro but who knows if we ever get more lance mountains. Not sure if that'll help make a choice.
i would think the LM 1's would become scarce faster than banned's

IMG_7321.PNG

someone customized the 1.5's on a dunk sole

I'm guessing you mean 2016 black/red, not 2011 banned? If so, it's still your preference. I haven't been paying attention to 2016 black/red prices, but Lance Mountains have been going for much cheaper as far as I've seen. You shouldn't be paying over $275 for worn IMO. Just trying to help you gauge what would be a better deal.
Don't pay over $275 for worn shoes? You're joking right!?!?

Don't pay over $275 for worn shoes? You're joking right!?!?
I am not going to get into a discussion with you about production costs, retail price, resale value, and personal value. I'm sure you can find enough information about that in the thousands of pages in this thread already. I gave the person who asked a question about a pair of Lance Mountain 1s, a pair that I own, an opinion based on my experience of shopping for that shoe and paying an after-market resale price. Thank you for reading and I hope you can understand the variables that influence shoe prices.

I think the Flyknit Jordan 1s are a metaphor for all of Nike/JBs creative problems right now... Instead of innovating and taking risks like Adidas is doing, they just throw a bunch of crap that is already popular (Flyknit, AJ 1, Bred cw) together and call it a day lol

Same reason that Nike basketball has been putting out garbage at a record pace and ruining the respective sneaker legacies of LeBron, KD, and retired Kobe (who looked absolutely pathetic in the latest Kobe AD commercial, trying to push those crayon-colored monstrosities). At least Kyrie's line shows some semblance of innovation but even those have become bargain bin sneakers with little/no hype.

Whichever one you like more.
If it's a tie, maybe flip a coin?

I think it'll be a few years before we get another black red 1 retro but who knows if we ever get more lance mountains. Not sure if that'll help make a choice.

I wanna believe that we won't get another bred retro for like 6 years but Nike has been dropping that shoe pretty consistently for the last 10 years or so. We've legit had like 5 different variations of Bred 1 releases since 08.

Straps
DMP
Banned

At this point it's anybody's guess when the next retro happens but I'm inclined to believe it's before Trump leaves office (which is sad)

I think the Flyknit Jordan 1s are a metaphor for all of Nike/JBs creative problems right now... Instead of innovating and taking risks like Adidas is doing, they just throw a bunch of crap that is already popular (Flyknit, AJ 1, Bred cw) together and call it a day lol

what risks are adidas taking? they are just releasing 100 colorways of NMDs and another 100 of UBs each quarter.

never ever had or worn a pair of flyknit shoes. how do they fit? im an 11 but on jordan 1s i usually go down to a 10.5 for a snugger fit and not as bad creasing and still fits fine. is flyknit very stretchy? should i go down to a 10?

what risks are adidas taking? they are just releasing 100 colorways of NMDs and another 100 of UBs each quarter.

Risk and adidas dont belong in the same sentence.

"Risks" as in collabs and new models (including the R2 and new UB silhouettes), plus the fact that Nike/JB has been using some combination of Air/Zoom and Lunar for how many years now? At least they are trying to push React now but what tech are they pushing to compete with Boost, or can we just expect more Zoom for another 20 years? I'm honestly surprised I have to explain this to you guys-I guess I shouldn't overestimate the average NT poster. It's also ironic you mention that Adidas puts out too many cws when there are retros that are literally rotting on shelves because JB flooded the market so much.

But, anyways, the AJ 1 Off-White is a creative risk for Nike/JB and, although I don't like it, it is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
I think the Flyknit Jordan 1s are a metaphor for all of Nike/JBs creative problems right now... Instead of innovating and taking risks like Adidas is doing, they just throw a bunch of crap that is already popular (Flyknit, AJ 1, Bred cw) together and call it a day lol.
take a step back from the keyboard and take a breath pa. You looking too deeply into this

Sorry, for offending you, Snowflake-it honestly wasn't meant to be a personal critique of anyone's tastes.
who hurt you b? I was just messing with you because of the whole metaphor thing in the post which is why I quoted it and said you looking too deep, sheesh. If anyone here is a snowflake it's definitely you

who hurt you b? I was just messing with you because of the whole metaphor thing in the post which is why I quoted it and said you looking too deep, sheesh. If anyone here is a snowflake it's definitely you

Says the guy who told me to "take a step back" because he didn't like what I said lol

Why even comment if you don't care what I said?

"Risks" as in collabs and new models (including the R2 and new UB silhouettes), plus the fact that Nike/JB has been using some combination of Air/Zoom and Lunar for how many years now? At least they are trying to push React now but what tech are they pushing to compete with Boost, or can we just expect more Zoom for another 20 years? I'm honestly surprised I have to explain this to you guys-I guess I shouldn't overestimate the average NT poster. It's also ironic you mention that Adidas puts out too many cws when there are retros that are literally rotting on shelves because JB flooded the market so much.

But, anyways, the AJ 1 Off-White is a creative risk for Nike/JB and, although I don't like it, it is a step in the right direction.
Risk would mean a gamble which would mean losing revenue. Nike didnt even lose anything with the vlone incident.

There's not that big a difference between NMD R1/R2 and the UB all look the same to me. Just a bunch of colorways but I do think they've made a nice place for themselves in the marketplace.

Risk would mean a gamble which would mean losing revenue. Nike didnt even lose anything with the vlone incident.

Once again, I was talking about risks in a creative sense-it's the reason I brought up specific models released.

Obviously, Nike probably sells more Air Monarchs than all of Adidas' Boost models combined but creatively that is not a creative risk. The Off-White collab is a creative risk as Nike is letting someone else (Virgil and his team, ostensibly) design a Nike/JB product without involving the usual, Nike creative forces and add to this fact, that the Off-White collab seems to be more avant garde than anything Nike/JB have released recently, I think it's a big creative risk for Nike/JB.

Adidas has been more willing to give up more creative control (based on the number of colllabs) than Nike has, which is inherently a risk, don't you think?

I take it good condition is used don't pay over retail.

I sold a pair of shoes for about $100 profit so after offsetting costs it works out to basically be retail.

Should have clarified, yes the 2016 banned 1s. I refuse to call them 'Breds' since they're 1s. And both shoes are right at that 275 price point but as stated after selling the shoes they are both retail essentially. The LM are untouched when it comes to stripping paint.

I plan on getting both but unure which one to get first. Would grab both right now but I am getting my grails tomorrow and can't drop even more money.

Back
Top Bottom